JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    2019 JFT Words For The Year

@cory17 Consistency "Slow and steady wins the race"
    Consistency: firmness of constitution or character : persistency; steady continuity

@Sofia_Alegria Consistency. This takes a lot of focus on the target, which leads to victory.
    Consistency: firmness of constitution or character : persistency; steady continuity

@newdaydawning79 Determination. This word will move you right along your journey!
    Determination: a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult.

@HEGoddard0928 Discipline That's the most popular word so far...three of us have chosen it
    Discipline: restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires.

@ZizzyBumble Methodical Great word---takes some focus and planning!
    Methodical: done according to a systematic or established form of procedure. I think this word calls for
    some synonyms! Well thought out; planned; disciplined

@clicketykeys Climbing! Julie Andrews burst out in song in my head! "Climb every mountain...!"
    Climbing: Moving to a higher position; to go upward with gradual or continuous progress

@Faebert Balance. Ahhh...this is something so many of us continue to strive for. And when we reach it we have so much peace around us.
    Balance: a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions. (love "correct proportions")

@Bex953172 Discovery! That word demands an exclamation mark!
    Discovery: Finding something unexpectedly during a search; the act of becoming aware of something

@AJB1014 Driven I like the words found in the definition...relentlessly compelled.
    Driven: relentlessly compelled by the need to accomplish a goal; very hard-working and ambitious.

@mytime6630 My Word for the Year is also DISCIPLINE! I thought it was perseverance but discipline kept demanding to be heard and I finally just gave in and said, Okay, Okay! Have your way!

@PackerFanInGB Tenacious conjures up all kinds of word pictures. Steely eyes, bared teeth, almost snarling, lol!
    Tenacity: persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired

@slittlemeister A two-fer for you this year! Mindful and Moderation These are very strong words and are very active words.
    Mindful: Aware. (In other words, "taking every bite captive!"
    Moderation: in a way that is reasonable and not excessive

@snowflake1968 Your word for 2019 is Determined. That is extremely powerful.
    Determine: Firmly resolved (love the part "firmly")
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that encouragement, @toaljasa!
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 17th:
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Go for a 2 mile run 👍
    -Call the Drs office 👍
    -Hydrate a lot 👍
    -Shop healthy for the week 👍

January 18th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Stay in the green
    -Finish all laundry
    -Journal
    -Hydrate
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thursday, January 17:
    Feeling lousy--cold symptoms, so only chicken noodle soup, orange juice and crackers today. Didn't calculate calories.
    Exercise: 10 minute walking in the house
    Water: 2 cups
    Keeping it simple!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Recap R 1/17
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work 24 min. = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,149 steps (don't always get as many when I x-train), 250+ steps 13/14 (lost track of time at work) & 26 floors :neutral:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / lunch at desk during webinar / net calories zero / 14c water = Ack! After choir, Return of the Snack Attack of Veggie Crisps straight from the bag! >:) Did guesstimate for logging: net calories -808 >:) , sodium -79, sugar -14, fiber & protein good (thanks to crisps so maybe I needed, just not so many) & 12c water :| Good or bad days, I analyze to see where I need to make changes.
    4) Evening: choir 6:30 :smiley: / to-do list :smiley: lots done on computer at home
    5) Unplug 9:00 :( see above / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :s (treadmill before work F)

JFT F 1/18 ~ This morning, I switched early (workout) alarm to late (get up for work) alarm... skipped morning workout, again. *sigh*
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    2) Need to prelog lunch & supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Evening: mail citrus order / laundry / read Sunday ads / other?
    4) Unplug 10:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / NO alarm (yay), bed & tv off 11:00 (winter market Sat. a.m.)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Fitatelo wrote: »
    January 17th:
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Go for a 2 mile run 👍
    -Call the Drs office 👍
    -Hydrate a lot 👍
    -Shop healthy for the week 👍

January 18th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Stay in the green
    -Finish all laundry
    -Journal
    -Hydrate

Excellent!!! Keep going!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yea! It's Friday!
    unc3nofpr27p.png

Let's purpose to be mindful this weekend. Some of us have gained momentum this week in losing weight, having constraint, coming in at green; others of us have struggled, slipped, due to illness or emotions and then there are those of us who have remained steadfast without nary a budge on the scales (Me! Me! Me!)

The next three days come around every week! Let's be mindful and purposeful this weekend. Determine that instead of 4 cocktails or beers, 2 will do. Instead of eating that dessert in one swoop, cut it half and have the rest the next day. Instead of 2 cheeseburgers, have 1. Instead of a huge bowl of ice cream, choose a small bowl and be satisfied with one serving.
    0kzls8cqaexo.png

You are the BEST motivator!!! Thanks -- needed to read this today!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    2019 JFT Words For The Year
    @cory17 Consistency "Slow and steady wins the race"

@Sofia_Alegria Consistency. This takes a lot of focus on the target, which leads to victory.

@newdaydawning79 Determination. This word will move you right along your journey!
    Determination: a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult.

@HEGoddard0928 Discipline That's the most popular word so far...three of us have chosen it

@ZizzyBumble Methodical Great word---takes some focus and planning!
    Methodical: done according to a systematic or established form of procedure. I think this word calls for
    some synonyms! Well thought out; planned; disciplined

@clicketykeys Climbing! Julie Andrews burst out in song in my head! "Climb every mountain...!"
    Climbing: Moving to a higher position; to go upward with gradual or continuous progress

@Faebert Balance. Ahhh...this is something so many of us continue to strive for. And when we reach it we have so much peace around us.
    Balance: a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions. (love "correct proportions")

@Bex953172 Discovery! That word demands an exclamation mark!
    Discovery: Finding something unexpectedly during a search; the act of becoming aware of something

@AJB1014 Driven I like the words found in the definition...relentlessly compelled.
    Driven: relentlessly compelled by the need to accomplish a goal; very hard-working and ambitious.

@mytime6630 My Word for the Year is also DISCIPLINE! I thought it was perseverance but discipline kept demanding to be heard and I finally just gave in and said, Okay, Okay! Have your way!

@PackerFanInGB Tenacious conjures up all kinds of word pictures. Steely eyes, bared teeth, almost snarling, lol!
    Tenacity: persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired

@slittlemeister A two-fer for you this year! Mindful and Moderation These are very strong words and are very active words.
    Mindful: Aware. (In other words, "taking every bite captive!"
    Moderation: in a way that is reasonable and not excessive

@snowflake1968 Your word for 2019 is Determined. That is extremely powerful.
    Determine: Firmly resolved (love the part "firmly")

Thank you for putting these together! Kind of cool to see them all spelled out. We've chosen different words but the majority have very similar meanings! :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I got my blog post written! Now to get all of my stuff out of the lab and back to the room and enter grades AND AND AND!!! ugh it never ends... but I guess I should think of that as job security? XD
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    J4T | Thursday:
    Drink more water than yesterday. :)
    Journal every bite :)
    Half my weight in grams of protein :)
    Activity: 30 minutes cardio / FitBit Step Goal / 5 flights of stairs up & down :( I don't even know why I said this one. It was evening and there was no way I was going to get 30 minutes of activity in anymore. :smile: I did hit my step goal though!
    2 svgs fruit / 3 svgs veggies :frowning: Fruit :smile: veggies
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)

J4T | Friday 1/18/19
    1. Drink more water than yesterday. Ultimate goal is 90 oz.
    2. Journal every bite
    3. Half my weight in grams of protein
    4. Activity: 30 minutes cardio / FitBit Step Goal / 5 flights of stairs up & down
    5. 2 svgs fruit / 3 svgs veggies
    6. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    7. Bed early so I feel good tomorrow to take Kelly to birthday brunch. We're going somewhere I've never been before and have always wanted to check out, so I'm pretty excited. Her twin brother can't come since he is working. I cannot believe how old my babies are getting to be!!!

• toaljasa
    Options
    I got my blog post written! Now to get all of my stuff out of the lab and back to the room and enter grades AND AND AND!!! ugh it never ends... but I guess I should think of that as job security? XD

And And And, Wow! You are like the energizer bunny!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

You AMAZE me! I'm exhausted just reading your list! You go, girl!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

That is one way of looking at it!

An ex colleague of mine said something similar: 'it feels like I've always got tons i need to do but the day I don't is the day I don't have a job anymore'..... I think there's a lot of truth in that!
  • appletospare
    appletospare Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sat in the car for travelling, but didn’t snack. Ate half of my pizza at a restaurant and drank lots of water. Good start of the holiday. Hope there will be healthier dinner options for vegetarians the rest of my holiday.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Awww, thank you all SO much for encouraging me! It really does matter. I'm going around checking on students as they work and in between answering questions I've got a clipboard of student work that I'm evaluating as I go. WHEW. Getting in lots of steps today too, hahaha!

Please, sit down and have a cuppa tea! (The British way haha)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Sat in the car for travelling, but didn’t snack. Ate half of my pizza at a restaurant and drank lots of water. Good start of the holiday. Hope there will be healthier dinner options for vegetarians the rest of my holiday.

Well done! they're things that alot of people can find difficult! you sound so in controll of your eating!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options

So proud of you!!!