Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    OK! 3 weeks in and I am making progress my friends. So I am down about 9 pounds in 3 weeks and I have been by no means perfect or miserable. Just need to get better each week. I am at 257 and when I hit 250 I am going to get a personal trainer and ramp up the exercise. Thanks for all the encouragement and for your friendship!

@slider678 why punish yourself (plenty others around you do that for you I find 😉). Go ahead get get that trainer. What is the 7lbs difference going to make. May as well start being good to yourself now! Just saying.
  • bambee2013
    bambee2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 years old and am the heaviest I've ever been. I am eating 1300 calories a day and have not seen anything come off in a week. I admit, I have not been exercising. I've been logging my food and eating healthier, so that is the positive side of it. I'm in!!!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    solieco1- where in Colorado? I'm in Saguache County! Let's do this!

Hi Ellen - Colorado Springs!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.meleski/videos/10219361878944189/?t=21

Hello Coloradoans! I'm up the hill from you, @solieco1 ! I'm in Florissant. <waving>

Hey @MountainTopMom We went throught there going back and forth to Copper just a few days ago! I'll wave next time through!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Had sleeve surgery 10/5/18 lost 60. I need to stick to eating healthy & exercising and it's been a struggle.

That's quite a rapid loss for your body to adjust to, but I'm sure you feel so much lighter! What are you struggling with? Maybe one of the awesome folks here can help :)
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    I'm in. Had sleeve surgery 10/5/18 lost 60. I need to stick to eating healthy & exercising and it's been a struggle.

That's quite a rapid loss for your body to adjust to, but I'm sure you feel so much lighter! What are you struggling with? Maybe one of the awesome folks here can help :)

One thing I have been paying close attention too from the halfsizeme community is speaking to yourself like u would anyone else you love. I know that sound so sappy but makes so much sense! Look at your success and what you have accomplished!!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to you all! Hope you all have a great weekend and crush your goals, whatever they may be!
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    quote="PartyPerson: Struggling with negative thoughts a bit this morning - this is what happens when you're functioning on too little sleep I guess. So my target today is to celebrate 1 success and 1 thing of beauty each waking hour. So success erm, someone else loaded the dishwasher last night so I can make breakfast easily. Thing of beauty...the frost in the garden makes it look like christmas.[/quote]

I like how you focused on such positive things in your day. Great job!

• skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have had a bag of specialty popcorn in the pantry since Christmas. I opened it today and took one serving then threw the rest away. This would NOT have happened a few weeks ago! I call actions like this non-scale victories. Anyone care to share your non-scale victories? BTW- all you in CO. I'm in NE. Your neighbor😀 we enjoy visiting CO often.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    slider678 good work! Way to go-
  • Sandi5608
    Sandi5608 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bambee2013 wrote: »
    I'm 54 years old and am the heaviest I've ever been. I am eating 1300 calories a day and have not seen anything come off in a week. I admit, I have not been exercising. I've been logging my food and eating healthier, so that is the positive side of it. I'm in!!!!

Hi. I hear the frustration so maybe this will help? Exercise improves your health but consuming less calories than you take in is how you lose weight. Of course exercising burns more cals so you can eat more. If you are taking in 1300 cals a day and you are burning more than that then you have to lose weight....its just a fact, and it is unrelated to exercise. I struggle with weighing and measuring everything to get a true calorie count, I find it tedious. Portion size is always a struggle for me. You?
  • theresam2469
    theresam2469 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    theresam2469 wrote: »

I'm struggling trying not to go back to my old ways of eating & staying motivated to exercise. I'm afraid of gaining it back if i don't change my ways of eating, it's not easy. I still need to loose another 120 .
  • writeisland
    writeisland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into a habit I had established for a good while in ‘17 - Every time I get bummed out or emotional or too into my head I’d go to the Y and walk, dance or swim. Do y’all have go-to tricks to increase activity and get you more mentally positive? I gained 10 pounds over the holidays and I’m livid - I hadn’t gained holiday weight in years.
  • ItsmeMommaMiAh65
    ItsmeMommaMiAh65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Started up with MFP again, slowly logging food. I gained 10 pounds since last year but I would like to lose about 20 pounds for my height. Anyone who wants to friend me, I’m in since I only have five friends so far. 😭😂
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    ... Do y’all have go-to tricks to increase activity and get you more mentally positive? ...

Get some workout partners. I lift with four other guys. They are merciless if you miss a workout.

And I have a schedule that I keep to for my solo workouts. Tasks on the schedule get done - even if it's only a 30 minute walk.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    More exercise and more water is my plan this year, This morning the weight was down a bit more again.