The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    joha5603 wrote: »
    And FYI to anyone with Federal student loans, or family members with them- income based repayment is an evil trap, don't ever do it!

If you're comfortable, please explain? I am in an IBR repayment plan.

In a nutshell 2 main things: If you no longer qualify at any point in time or if you go into forebearance for any reason (I did for 60 days bc they didn't process my annual renewal app on time) the rapidly accruing interest capitalizes, which means all outstanding interest gets rolled into principle balance. Thus, if your payments at any time are less than the monthly interest you accrue, your balance continues to go up, and quickly, despite the payments. The problem with this is, the 'forgiven balance' at the end of the 20-25 yrs is considered taxable income for that yr. Feel free to add me as a friend and I can explain further so I don't hijack this thread
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    As for alcohol, I guess it's 135 days for me now, if I did the math right. I didn't even have a substance abuse problem but still have zero regrets.

I just Google "days since 6/25/2017" and there are a few sites that compute it. 583 for me!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 sorry about your loss
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 That is such a sad, tragic story. That family has never known peace even during childhood. I am sorry for your pain, too. You cared for him. Xo