Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    asugar1390 wrote: »
    I’m having trouble because I started personal training 1-14 but have not lost a pound yet. I am not following the meal plan I think because they are so strict and make me feel bad when I send her my meals. I think I’m doing well and then she chastises me. I’m paying her ! So I haven’t sent my meals the last three days. I go in tomorrow. I think their way is very much like body builders eat. I do ok for breakfast lunch dinner and snack but then it gets harder in the evening and I feel guilty . I’m supposed to do 35 min of cardio on my own and personal training with weights twice a week. Any suggestions?

Have a real conversation with this person. Is she a registered dietician or a trainer? You are in charge of your health. If the plan doesn't work say so. Feeling guilty and 'chastised' is not helpful. I would suggest decidig if the workout plan and the schedule work for you and if not provide input as to what does. If they don't value that then leave.

On the food side, put in your stats to MFP, set it to a reasonable deficit. From your photos .5-1 lb per week. Eat within the limit it gives you. Nothing more complicated. It doesn't have to be "clean", keto, low carb, plant based or anyting with a name. Just eat the calories given, you'll do great.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    asugar1390 wrote: »
    I’m having trouble because I started personal training 1-14 but have not lost a pound yet. I am not following the meal plan I think because they are so strict and make me feel bad when I send her my meals. I think I’m doing well and then she chastises me. I’m paying her ! So I haven’t sent my meals the last three days. I go in tomorrow. I think their way is very much like body builders eat. I do ok for breakfast lunch dinner and snack but then it gets harder in the evening and I feel guilty . I’m supposed to do 35 min of cardio on my own and personal training with weights twice a week. Any suggestions?

It's not unusual to for it to take a while for weight loss to start for some individuals. Check this thread for some pointers.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1318741/in-5-weeks-youll-lose-10lbs-why-is-it-not-working/p1

How many calories are you eating each day? Are you logging your meals? I resisted doing that for awhile, but I found it was necessary to track calories to lose weight.

Also ask your trainer for some guidance on adjusting the meal plans to meet your needs.

• techyrn808
    techyrn808 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 30+ lbs depending on darn scale I'm on. I also need to make these changes a lifestyle habit. Been trying to stay Keto for almost a month and it's very difficult. Not seeing any progress. 😭
  • bulldogcpa
    bulldogcpa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Natalie, good luck. 👍🏻
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Lorri from London and I am starting again today (3rd time). After a few health hiccups I want to be as healthy as I can and that means loosing a few pounds and eating better! I am definately in! Good luck everyone.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Traveling from youngest son in SC to oldest son in Chattanooga TN. Stopped at a rest stop near TN state line and it has a walking track. Got my 20 minutes in!! Yea! I miss my recumbent bike though! Back home again tomorrow after spending the night with son and daughter-in-love. <3
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Love the beach photos, @NCBlessings. Thank you for sharing your corner of the world!
  • autumnfires
    autumnfires Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like it. No ads and lots more metrics.
    skf1201 wrote: »
    Does anyone have fitness pal premium? If so, is it worth it?

I've been wondering this too

• BamaSix4
    BamaSix4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Giving it a go......wish me luck B)
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten how helpful it is to meet fruit and veggie goals in keeping calories under control. By the time I fill up on those I don't have as much room for the sweets I love. 😊
    I agree. I’m working towards sticking with WFPB and it definitely helps to crowd out the processed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes. Fiber fills you up! 😊