JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Running late so must keep this quick!

Here's yesterday:

And today, 2/7:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break 😊
    2. Stay within my calorie goal😞 I honestly thought I did, but realized this morning I forgot to log something so I was about 43 over.
    3. Leave work by 5:30 😊
    4. Cook dinner (also have a problem with this and getting takeout way too often, that gets expensive!)😊
    5. Put away more laundry😊

Today 2/8:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break
    2. Stay within my calorie goal
    3. Leave work by 5:30
    4. Pay car and dental insurance
    5. Wash another load of laundry

Have a great day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 , when I do them, I do a mixture of things the osteopath has recommended. Hard to describe without pictures! In a couple I hold my legs in a certain position to try and ease the sciatic nerve. Also stretching poses like the cat, cow and childs pose. I've bought an American book called "Strong Women, Strong Backs" which I hope to work my way through.(still on the easier ones just now).
    I have scoliosis, which means my spine is not straight, so need to be very careful what I do or I make things worse.
    So just gentle stuff, nothing like what people do at the gym!

Ahh i see, i can understand that must be annoying!
    The trick is to find something you enjoy doing, but that is okay for you to do, which i agree can be hard when you need to be careful at the same time!

I was going to suggest dance cardio but im guessing thats a no!
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    JFT - Thursday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal ✅
    Do a food plan for next week - I didn't end up doing a food plan but we did go food shopping and got lots of healthy food and was under budget £££ :D Double ✅

JFT - Friday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal - This may be hard one as i'm planning on having a high calorie meal tonight so trying to eat super low cal foods all day so I have enough.
    Longer dog walk than normal - 30 mins?
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I was going to suggest dance cardio but im guessing thats a no!

Em, yes that's a no :) And definitely no running, jogging or trampolining lol,
    Even walking leaves me in a lot of pain at the moment. Actually walking is the exercise I like best, which is why I'm keeping going with short walks.
    And I want to lose the weight so that can't be blamed for the back problems. Some doctors seem to blame being overweight for any ailment! (I have been slim in the past and still had the problems, I know being slim doesn't suddenly straighten my spine! )

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Such great news about the house! So glad that things are turning around for you. That's wonderful!

Awww. your sweet dog. So precious!

@maryrobinson40 I'm so happy you didn't have to have that biopsy done and especially that you don't have cervical cancer. I thought about you, today, when I was at my doctor's office & he found a large polyp on my cervix...
    You gave me the courage to go ahead and have him remove it. I'll get the pathology report in a few days. He gave me the choice just to leave it there, come back another time to do it, or schedule it as a Day Surgery.
    Thank you so much for your inspirational posts and cheerleading!!!!!

I'm hoping things are getting better for your daughter.

@Snowflake1968 Thanks... Yep, I do stretches after my exercises. So important.

@ZizzyBumble Great job staying in the green last week, meeting your Fitbit exercise goals & drinking more water & less wine. Fantastic that it resulted in weight loss & a drop in your resting heart rate!!!!

@Elbee1 ... 😍 Wow! Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you went through with it.
    Bless your heart and health.. I am always in awe of what all of you share. It does my
    heart good to know you're being helped and making progress. Even if it's nothing more
    than brushing your hair a different way, or the same way even, it's all progress, and
    another step towards a healthier, happier you.
    And getting to the doctor to make sure we stay on top of our feminine health is vital.
    We, as women have to be more assertive about asking questions, and following up
    on even the things the doctor tells us. Yes they went through the years of education and
    training, but WE SHOULD NEVER ASSUME THE DOCTOR KNOWS EVERYTHING!!
    We know our bodies because we live with ourselves every moment of every day and night.
    We know when something is off. A lot of times we don't take heed to our body's voice
    when it's speaking to us as we should. (Not the voice that says eat another doughnut... NOT
    that voice... LMBO😂)
    Please let us know your results when they come in. I am with you no matter what and always
    Praying for good things for your life. Major hugs💝💝💝
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday... I'm working out. I'm positive. And making changes for real.
    Bye bye bread! Bye Bye Coffee..for real this time. I binged on it while trying to ween myself off...
    NOOOO MORE! Bye Bye grits... Hi veggies and protein. Bye burgers... Bye fried stuff, hello
    Baking and meal preps.

JFT (FRIDAY AND SATURDAY)
    One Serving Meal prep
    Exercises
    Reading
    Paperwork MUST DO!!!... There is so much of it that it will literally take up my weekend.
    8rpor0lu9g3z.jpg
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. 4 waters at work, 2 at home :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. . Eat packed lunch :)
    5. Print preapproval letter :)
    6. 3pm car buyout appointment :) That was brutal but its over!
    7. Gather eng. Drawings for welding :)
    8. Cook dinner at home - leftovers :)
    9. Tea and Bed by 10 :)

JFT Friday AM
    1. Up at 6 >:) 6:30
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil and elderberry :)
    4. 7:30 AM phone interview :)
    5. Shower and dry hair :)
    6. Head to moms by 11:30 :) Change of plans shes picking me up

JFT Friday
    1. Dress fitting at 1!
    2. Log all food
    3. Eat when hungry, stop when full
    4. Waters! When I can get em - if someone offers, take it
    5. Bring clothes to change into for wake
    6. Wake by 3:00
    7. Take tylenol if this headache persists
    8. Dont sweat the small stuff
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Haha! Yesterday there were two ads for dove chocolate. It's a test!!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Elbee1 That is a victory! You did everything right...you planned ahead of time, you stayed determined, and plowed past the restaurant. That's fantastic! Your feeling of joy that was coming across in your post is a HUGE reward in itself.

So so glad you went to the doc.

Peace and joy!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Recap 2/7 R ~ Have been feeling a bit bummed since last night... hubby has plans to visit his former co-worker/friend who's in the end stage of pancreatic cancer, and that makes me so sad. Today is another winter storm warning, and we will get snow, freezing rain & ice by afternoon. I like winter, really I do, but I want snow, not this freezing rain & ice crap. All area schools are canceled but here we are at work. Noon mindful/snowshoe hike and evening choir rehearsal both canceled. I brought lunch to work & won't see hubby at noon until tomorrow. Sad me. Whine over. Oooh, wine... breathe in, breathe out.
    1) No morning workout / walk inside building during lunch hour = Walked ~40 min. including multiple stairs trips & Fitbit registered an exercise session / cals. burned 223 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 12,289 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 47 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals (finishing up some leftovers) & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Changed supper since home from work early, and made navy bean soup (on my meal plan for week). On target w/ net cals. then felt little hungry/emotional in evening & had snack attack of Brookside dark chocolate pomegranate pieces (too many). Oh well. Logged and moving on. Net calories -315 :( , sodium -155, sugar -36 (ack), fiber & protein good (yay) & 11c water :(
    4) After work: get home safely :D workplace depts. started closing after lunch & I left office by 1:30 ~ slow drive home in snow-covered ice & freezing rain but no ditch so happy / do laundry since I have all evening :smiley: & multiple trips upstairs to put everything away / put away clean dishes :smiley: / wash rest of dishes :/ nope / shovel snow :/ nope ~ hubby left note he would do <3 / declutter something :smiley: digital / other? :smiley: balanced bank accounts
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS (dentist on M) :s / RETAINERS :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :( then woke up when hubby got home & talked 1 hour :# reset alarm (treadmill F a.m.)

JFT 2/8 F ~ Have worked out 6 days in a row (counting my lunch walking yesterday) & taking rest day :D since 5K is tomorrow 8 a.m.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals (more leftovers) prelogged / net calories w/i 200 zero / 14c water
    3) Evening: pick up race packet / make spaghetti for leftover sauce / prep clothes, hand/foot warmers for Sat. 5K & check forecast ~ it will be cold, not sure of wind chill
    4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS REALLY / RETAINERS REALLY / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (leave home 7:15 a.m.)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

JFT - Thursday Feb 7 - Determined
    2L of water - 😕 1.5 it’s cold and it’s hard forcing myself to drink cold water. I did have a tea so that helps with the hydration.
    Calories in Green - 😕 over by 100, I had a second snack after I closed my diary so had to close it a second time.
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 just 1
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack 😕2
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🤔 I think I was ok with my choices yesterday even if they weren’t 100%

JFT - Friday February 8 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Yesterday was a decent day, I played around in the craftroom some, but mostly watched tv. Last night I got up to get a drink of water and was very dizzy. I’m not sure why. I did manage to get my 1 mile walk in, but that was it. I just wasn’t feeling it. Hopefully today is better.

I’m very anxious that I will miss out on this job because my phone is shut off. Hopefully they don’t try to call until at least Tuesday. I know if it’s meant for me I’ll get it, but I want it so much.

Ok I’m off to find something to do today.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Goals for today Thursday:
    Ride my trainer tonight because I didn't hit the gym this morning.. Actually went of a hike instead since the rain stopped.
    Eat only what I brought to work while I'm at work. Skip the doughnuts, cupcakes and ice cream in the break room.
    Stay in calorie range. Success
    Sneak in a nap before my kids get home from their activities! It was more of a dream than a goal...

JFT - Friday
    1. Make it to the gym before work. - Check up at 4:00 at gym by 4:30 and work by 6:45.
    2. Give a great Fun with Science show without catching Leo on fire. - Check
    3. Have a sensible lunch out with the group. - Half check. In my calories, but not the greatest choice.
    4. Get a walk (with hills) after work to help pay for that stromboli.
    5. Healthy dinner with the family.
    6. End the day under goal.

There are times in life when even the small goals like these seem like huge hurdles. Writing them down helps me see how doable they really are.
  • pridesabtch
    edited February 2019
    Options

@ZizzyBumble what is the February nighttime challenge?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on veggies and water
    3. jan challenge - 8+ c water
    4. feb challenge - 1 nitetime snack, then brush/floss teeth
    5. no emotional eating
    6. be mindful .. eat slowly
    7. practice patience ... ignoring things that upset me. Get out my sewing, go for a walk... distract myself
    8. remember long term goals. Remember how I will feel next august. don't give up.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

@ZizzyBumble what is the February nighttime challenge?

Reminder January Challenge -- red cup challenge ... get something out (for me that is a red cup) to remind us to drink 8+ glasses of water a day

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE ---- nitetime snacking! Eat just ONE PLANNED snack, then stop! Brush your teeth to remind you to stop eating.
  • toaljasa
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So, Valentine's Day is just around the corner. You choose. Will the candy rule you or will you rule the candy?

Are you going to choose to not have any candy? Then you must strategize. Tell you husband/friends/parents, etc. "Please do not bring me candy"

Have you already purchased candy and have now decided you aren't going to eat it/any more of it? GET RID OF IT. Toss it. Take it to the neighbor. Send it to work with your husband. Don't let it sit around...why would you? So that one day you can eat it????

Stay away from the candy aisle. DO NOT GO DOWN IT.

Determine that you are NOT going to gain pounds because of candy that has been slashed 80% after Valentine's Day. Save even more money by not purchasing it at all!

Envision the end. What are the results if you avoid candy? (Supreme joy? No added weight gain? No guilt? No regret? Peace? A sense of victory? Added confidence?)

What are the results if you eat candy after having purposed not to do so? (Regret, guilt, fighting the "I'm such a failure" feeling, weight gain, fatigue, having to restart the momentum, pity party, turmoil?????)

Are you going to choose to eat candy? Then you must have a plan!

Read the nutritional label before you buy it so you will have control over how much, if any, you will eat of that particular candy.
    u0iddtwnjx7b.png

Strategize. Put some thought into it. Milk Chocolate Kisses have 7 kisses per serving. This doesn't mean you have to eat all 7 in one go. Portion it out...add two more and divide them into thirds and put each group in its own bag. Do this with the entire bag of kisses. Decide how many bags you will have each day.

pre-log the candy into MFP

Portion out all candy...Avoid high-calorie candies such as peanut butter/nuts

Go for the no/low-fat candies such as conversation hearts, skittles, etc. But be sure to portion them...even if they come in a "single" serving container doesn't mean they have to be a single serving.

What are the results if you decide to just eat candy mindlessly? Or if you follow your plan?? (see above)

It helps me stay resolved if I Declare It.
    I declare that from today onward I will not eat any Valentines Candy this year nor will I eat any kind of candy during this Valentine season. Nor will I purchase any for later.

How about you? What are you going to choose to do? 1)No candy. 2)Mindfully choosing my candy. 3) Not going to worry about how much I eat, because Valentine's day only comes once a year. It's your choice, there's not one right or wrong answer...but do choose so you won't be able to say, "I didn't even think about it!"

vve3kv3vn5ph.png

Peace and joy!

• mytime6630
    Options
    I am SO far behind all all the posts. I will try and catch up later. Its b een a crazy, busy week. Business wise this has been our busiest week. Our daughter decided she is just fine. so that past 3 days she has been in her apartment. We told her next time ... it will be the hospital. Very hard, emotionally for me. I am totally lost as to what to do ... and have been emotionally eating. So time to get back to just taking care of myself. You can't help someone who refuses to be helped.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1 thank you! Also, you did great on not eating to celebrate, you should be so proud!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @mytime6630 Sorry to hear things are hectic. I hope they settle out soon.

BTW, how do you reference a person's post in your own?

• alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Why am I feeling so low atm!? 7lbs lost but not lost 1cm anywhere from my body. I have lost it slowly and safely eating plenty and healthy. Exercising and cutting out junk food but it feels to no benefit.

So today....

- no wine to 'cheer me up'
    - early night ready for park run tomorrow!
    - drink lots of water