Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Why do you think you are single?

Replies

• taco_inspectortaco_inspector Posts: 7,591Member Member Posts: 7,591Member Member
    I think I'm mostly odd ... like #1, #3, #5, & #7. Well those, and I'm just creepy
  • nooshi713nooshi713 Posts: 3,545Member Member Posts: 3,545Member Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    kodiakke wrote: »
    I'm with The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones. Online, people either want to chat/trade texts endlessly, and never actually meet, or they want to meet immediately for guaranteed sex, and don't want to put in either the conversation or the work. (I've been told it's just easier to determine sexual compatibility and THEN decide if you like someone.)

All of this! Especially the parts in bold.

I agree with this too. It is frustrating because I like the phone.
  • urloved33urloved33 Posts: 3,361Member Member Posts: 3,361Member Member
  • CutemesoonCutemesoon Posts: 2,451Member Member Posts: 2,451Member Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    kodiakke wrote: »
    I'm with The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones. Online, people either want to chat/trade texts endlessly, and never actually meet, or they want to meet immediately for guaranteed sex, and don't want to put in either the conversation or the work. (I've been told it's just easier to determine sexual compatibility and THEN decide if you like someone.)

All of this! Especially the parts in bold.

I agree with this too. It is frustrating because I like the phone.

I like the phone as well. You can't always predict tone or emotion via text. Talking on the phone draws me closet to the person.
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 9,907Member Member Posts: 9,907Member Member
    maybe 2 maybe 8
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,426Member Member Posts: 2,426Member Member
    maybe none of us have an excuse to be none of those points
    edited February 11
  • LiftingSpiritsLiftingSpirits Posts: 2,031Member Member Posts: 2,031Member Member
    All but #4 probably

Doesn't number 4 cause number 2?

I am not still hurting from anything, but smarter because of past events and not as willing to blindly trust
    edited February 11
  • zCatLadyzzCatLadyz Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    6 & 8. I enjoy my time to myself and at this point in life, I don't feel like changing my was for someone who enters my life. I am always busy and wouldn't have time for someone in my life anyway.
    All but #4 probably

Doesn't number 4 cause number 2?

I am not still hurting from anything, but smarter because of past events and not as willing to blindly trust

Same here. I have a VERY hard time trusting people.
    kam26001 wrote: »
    6, 7, 8

to go along with...

9. Toenail fungus
    10. Financially insecure
    11. An intimidating baby momma
    12. Low Uber rating
    13. A butterfly neck tattoo that won't wash off
    14. Poorly executed chicken and egg jokes

LMBO :D
  • iMagoiMago Posts: 4,889Member Member Posts: 4,889Member Member
  • mandagayle82mandagayle82 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    1, 2, 5, 6, 7.... and of course being super-super plus with the ability to move (although a little slow sometimes) puts me in a weird category all by myself. Lol
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 9,346Member, Premium Member Posts: 9,346Member, Premium Member
    I’d say 1,2,4
    But mostly I’m single because my ex and I still have a very close relationship and neither one of us are dating other people.
  • VersicolourVersicolour Posts: 5,861Member Member Posts: 5,861Member Member
    4, 5, 6 & 7

I said this in another thread, but it fits here better:
    I think I set my standards too high. I am doomed to be alone forever barring an act of divine intervention. But if that's what it takes, at least I know the next time will be the right one. I will not lower my standards again. I deserve more, and so do my children

• GymRatSFGymRatSF Posts: 8,536Member Member Posts: 8,536Member Member
    2, 4, 7 and 8. mostly 8 because I spent too many years sacrificing my own wants/dreams for someone else and now enjoying being able to do what I want/when I want. Not sure I can ever give that up again.
  • RhiAnLewis17RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299Member Member Posts: 2,299Member Member
    Because of that WhatsApp function where you can delete sent messages.