Why do you think you are single?

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    kodiakke wrote: »
    I'm with The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones. Online, people either want to chat/trade texts endlessly, and never actually meet, or they want to meet immediately for guaranteed sex, and don't want to put in either the conversation or the work. (I've been told it's just easier to determine sexual compatibility and THEN decide if you like someone.)

All of this! Especially the parts in bold.

I agree with this too. It is frustrating because I like the phone.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    2 and 8
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    kodiakke wrote: »
    I'm with The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones. Online, people either want to chat/trade texts endlessly, and never actually meet, or they want to meet immediately for guaranteed sex, and don't want to put in either the conversation or the work. (I've been told it's just easier to determine sexual compatibility and THEN decide if you like someone.)

All of this! Especially the parts in bold.

I agree with this too. It is frustrating because I like the phone.

I like the phone as well. You can't always predict tone or emotion via text. Talking on the phone draws me closet to the person.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    maybe 2 maybe 8
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited February 2019
    All but #4 probably

Doesn't number 4 cause number 2?

I am not still hurting from anything, but smarter because of past events and not as willing to blindly trust
  • zCatLadyz
    zCatLadyz Posts: 1 Member
    6 & 8. I enjoy my time to myself and at this point in life, I don't feel like changing my was for someone who enters my life. I am always busy and wouldn't have time for someone in my life anyway.
  • Cutemesoon
    All but #4 probably

Doesn't number 4 cause number 2?

I am not still hurting from anything, but smarter because of past events and not as willing to blindly trust

Same here. I have a VERY hard time trusting people.
  • Cutemesoon
    kam26001 wrote: »
    6, 7, 8

to go along with...

9. Toenail fungus
    10. Financially insecure
    11. An intimidating baby momma
    12. Low Uber rating
    13. A butterfly neck tattoo that won't wash off
    14. Poorly executed chicken and egg jokes

LMBO :D
  • mandagayle82
    mandagayle82 Posts: 1 Member
    1, 2, 5, 6, 7.... and of course being super-super plus with the ability to move (although a little slow sometimes) puts me in a weird category all by myself. Lol
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I’d say 1,2,4
    But mostly I’m single because my ex and I still have a very close relationship and neither one of us are dating other people.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    4, 5, 6 & 7

I said this in another thread, but it fits here better:
    I think I set my standards too high. I am doomed to be alone forever barring an act of divine intervention. But if that's what it takes, at least I know the next time will be the right one. I will not lower my standards again. I deserve more, and so do my children

• GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    2, 4, 7 and 8. mostly 8 because I spent too many years sacrificing my own wants/dreams for someone else and now enjoying being able to do what I want/when I want. Not sure I can ever give that up again.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Because of that WhatsApp function where you can delete sent messages.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Because of that WhatsApp function where you can delete sent messages.

stop deleting my messages!