Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    0213-6k total-40.7k, goal-80k

Wimped out of running yesterday because it was snowing. (It snows maybe twice a year here. Us weakly Beijingers have neither the gear nor gumption to deal with that.) Ran the shorter work-out of the week because I overslept. Ah well. More snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

@MegaMooseEsq All the talk about hand warmers and pockets struck me as really weird, until I finally put my finger on it - do y'all not have the kind of warming pads that stick to your clothes?

Oh those are neat - I had not heard of clothing warmers with adhesive before, but that's might just be me. I've never had call to use hand warmers before so I never really looked into what was out there. Searching Amazon it does look like there are similar products available here, though, so that may be the answer!

ETA: If I have time this afternoon I'm hoping to stop into REI so I'll see if they have anything I can try.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    0213-6k total-40.7k, goal-80k

Wimped out of running yesterday because it was snowing. (It snows maybe twice a year here. Us weakly Beijingers have neither the gear nor gumption to deal with that.) Ran the shorter work-out of the week because I overslept. Ah well. More snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

@MegaMooseEsq All the talk about hand warmers and pockets struck me as really weird, until I finally put my finger on it - do y'all not have the kind of warming pads that stick to your clothes?

Oh those are neat - I had not heard of clothing warmers with adhesive before, but that's might just be me. I've never had call to use hand warmers before so I never really looked into what was out there. Searching Amazon it does look like there are similar products available here, though, so that may be the answer!

ETA: If I have time this afternoon I'm hoping to stop into REI so I'll see if they have anything I can try.

I am telling ya, Duct Tape will make ANY warmer stick to clothes. :lol:

Sure, but it's the unsticking part that concerns me!

Just doing a little searching on Amazon, I can already tell these are going to be one of those products that drive me batty trying to figure out what the best deal is. Stupid decision paralysis.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Another hot and sticky run this morning. Another 10km down. I'll be glad when my achilles tendonopathy (apparently they don't call it tendonitis anymore) eases as it's taking the pleasure out of running. It should have been a joy today, pace was good, weather was outstanding, everyone I met was happy and friendly, but that dull ache in the tendons just took the shine off. I guess I should be grateful I can actually run. I should also make more effort (find the five minutes) to do my calf raises which make a hell of a lot of difference to my comfort levels.

Running challenge
    1 Feb: 6.9km
    2 Feb: Yoga
    3 Feb: 10.2km
    4 Feb: 7.54 km + yoga
    5 Feb: Rest
    6 Feb: 6.8km trail, plus 1km on-road warm up
    7 Feb: 15.5km
    8 Feb: 1500m swim
    9 Feb: 7km
    10 Feb: Rest
    11 Feb: 10.8km
    12 Feb: Rest
    13 Feb: Yoga
    14 Feb: 10.8km

76.54 of 120km for February

I remember someone talking about doing calf raises while brushing their teeth - I appreciate the conservation of effort! Or maybe it was standing on one leg for balance. Either one would work I guess!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    14miles / 50 miles

Hmmmm....I need to pick it up a bit if I'm going to make my goal this month.

Nah, just run like 25 miles today and you will be well on your way :lol:

Lol!! Sure! Wait...No. Just No.

I should say, not yet. It is my goal to be able to run a full marathon by next year. I have a plan. Hopefully my old body will follow it!

lol this is kinda my strategy, I have done next to no running the last week (see shoe drama earlier in thread) but now I have new shoes, I'm picking up my old plan (5k per day, 5 days a week) and doing a 20k run/walk this weekend - its for charity though. No idea how much I'm going to run, hopefully half of it. But will see, its been a month since I've done anything greater than about 6k for various reasons.

So further to that, took the new shoes for a 5k this morning. No knee pains (yay!). They felt great. I "noticed" my posterior tibial tendon, not enough to say it hurt, but enough to say I noticed it. So Ill be keeping an eye on that, but by the end of Saturday I'll know for sure. I'm quietly confident because in the past when Ive had issues with that, it wasn't hurting when running, only when walking after. so will see. I just so sensitive about it because that issue stopped me running for almost a month.

Glad your'e doing better!! Which shoes did you get?

Thanks @BettyM1017 I got the Asics Gel Kayano 25 (my old shoes were the 24).
    Went for another run this morning and didnt notice anything. no pains, so yay, new shoes for the win. I'm having a rest day tomorrow (friday) because Saturday I'm doing a 22km charity run/walk, that I have not trained for at all. But it will be a good excuse to test out my new shoes - that will be a definitive answer lol - and my new hydration pack.

Speaking of, does anyone know how to get that plastic taste out of a new bladder (or do I only have this experience because I got a cheap $15 hydration pack from wish.com?)? Ive flushed it but maybe I need to do it more? And does anyone put liquid other than water in theirs? thinking Gatorade (not alcohol but rum would be nice!)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I have been tired for days and yesterday was my husband's birthday so no running. I will make it up tonight in the gym where the locker room smells like farts. They should probably just put some water down the various drains in the floor, I bet the traps have gone dry.

So 3-4km today and 3-4km tomorrow and I will attempt 10km on Saturday. I haven't run that far since well before I injured the tib-post tendon, which does still bark at me occasionally. So I'm a bit intimidated, especially since it looks like that will equal 43 laps at the indoor track...

Mine still complains from time to time. Are you stretching it after every run? I find thats the best way (and shoes) to keep it from complaining. Hopefully another 6 months or so and I wont even notice it anymore.