WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up watched Joyce ,had my tea.. trying to watch the news but i usually to turn off the t.v. because Mr Barky boy starts up..and don't want him waking up my neighbor Barbara upstairs... I hear here walking around now...
    Valentine's day~ and my Valentine is my pup Alfie .. couldn't ask for a better one..
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Happy Valentines Day Ladies! <3

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Happy Valentines to you all.. love each and everyone of you...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a spinning downloadable workout. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class

Barbie – I sure don’t envy you with the mess. But it’ll look fantastic when it’s done

Tracey – my husband is the same as yours. Down here I’m the social butterfly (to an extent). I’m the one who goes to canasta, go to the crochet group, make something for the pot luck, makes all the plans to see people while we’re down here, plan the ceramics trips, he’d sit home all day and watch TV. Guess that’s his way of decompressing. I need people. As far as spending more when shopping all the time – I really don’t, I do find that I buy things that are needed. It used to be that I’d buy all the food, but then we had some left before we left. Now I can plan out the meals to take as little home with us as possible

Allison – get better fast. Will they want you at work being sick, especially since you are in such close contact with the patients?

Klanders – don’t worry, when you retire, you’ll wonder how you ever found time to work

Pip – how do you know when the gym is closed? Do they mention it on the TV? I remember once I went to the Y, things didn’t look all THAT bad, but when I got there they had closed (boo). Had I known, I would have done something at home

It’s rainy here today. I understand it’s sunny in NC. No fair!!! I’m determined NOT to come home with white legs. We’ll probably go to the ceramics place here when the rain lets up and then go to the ceramics place tonight in Orlando. We were going to go to the one in St. Augustine but the lady told me that she won’t have the mold of the thing I was particularly interested in, so that’ll be for the next trip. We’ll meet my cousin in Daytona for lunch and go to Orlando tonight. They’re open tonight and then tomorrow from 9-12. I knew Vince didn’t want to go then. Update: we haven't gone to the place here. We really should in case they need to pour something for us.

Exercised, then went to Aldi. Vince likes their mini wheats and he needed milk. I had to take a good shower (usually I just take a “wash off the sweat” shower) I get so very sweaty when I do spinning. Actually, that is the only time I need to wear my heart rate monitor. My heart rate can go up so much that I really need to be careful. The good thing is that it comes down quite fast, too.

About TV – I don’t watch much at all, usually shows that I’ve recorded. I’ve also found that I like to crochet while I’m watching TV. I do like to do other crafts, but I usually can’t do them while watching TV. Like right now I’m working on a few diamond dotz pictures, and I just can’t do that while watching TV. Maybe I can have the radio on

Got a bigger mug for my tea at the SPCA thrift shop yesterday, but I really was hoping for one bigger. Maybe I’ll make one at ceramics.

Nicole – I can do things at home, but I absolutely need to go to the gym at least for a few classes. I like the motivation and the comraderie. At one time I couldn’t drive and I thought I’d go crazy not being able to go out with friends. Vince is someone who will stay at home for days on end. Not me. So I understand how you feel about needing a class. Ever since meno kicked in I could see more and more in my middle. I don’t see the saddlebags as much, but that might be because the bigger middle doesn’t highlight the saddlebags as much.

Rori – you are an angel from above

Suebdew – wonderful news from the MD

Went to the place in Orlando. Found out that they haven’t been there for 3 years (thank you internet). I really should have given them a call, but they had such limited hours.

We had these Tyson beef strips for dinner. Too spicy for Vince, so guess who'll get to finish them?

Michele in FL where it is raining…no fair!!!

1st day I didn’t know, I just saw no cars and doors locked. Next day I called 2 c, no answer, just saying it was open but it wasn’t, same next day
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I know I'm going to love my new cabinet when it's finished but with the handyman coming back again for day three, I'm beginning to be concerned about what we're going to owe him for the job. I'm doing a lot of planning about how I'm going to rearrange things in the kitchen to make the best use of all the shelves and cupboards.

:) The snow is melted and cleared on the street in front of my house but the temp is below freezing so now it's too icy for walking. The dogs couldn't understand why we had to stay in the snowy yard instead of going for a real walk. It will get warmer during the day so we should be able to walk later in the morning and early in the afternoon.

:)Heather, your yard and shed are wonderful.

:)Rori, your patience with your husband is inspiring

:)Machka, Your challenges sound like more than a person should have to deal with. I admire the way you keep showing and also stay active to look after yourself.

:)Barbara, my husband is like yours and would like me to be home with him all the time. I'm gone two mornings a week for line dance and two hours every morning walking the dogs. I am not very social so that's enough for me.

<3 Barbie from gradually warming NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3<3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    edited February 2019
    <3 Happy Valentine's Day! <3

To all of you ladies in the grips of snow for weeks/months at a time, a big hats off for staying on your exercise and eating plans. Heck, for even THINKING about staying on an exercise and eating plan!! Looks like our road is finally clear of snow and slush. I plan to bundle up shortly and get a walk in. Haven't done my SWSY in 2 weeks now and also haven't done my shoulder exercises. :'(

Lisa - thank you for mentioning about PT and breaking up scar tissue. I really need to get after the rope and pulley today to do just that. Nausea included. When the therapist released me a few weeks ago, she said if I'm not progressing, let the doc know and come back to see her. Sigh. You keep on keeping on and good job on the grants!

Pip - prepare BOOT :s I need it to get back on all kinds of tracks, lol.

Rori & Machka - (((HUGS)))

Interesting story in the new Reader's Digest about how just plain old reading really does great things for our brains, perhaps more so than trendy "brain games". The article cited benefits of reading "deep" literature of the Jane Austin genre and how it increases circulation to the brain more than leisurely reading. But, it appears any reading is better than none. I think of my elderly friends and grandparents who stayed sharp in their later years. They always were in the middle of a book or magazine.

So it appears that my dead laptop battery is a blessing in disguise.

Suebdew, your book club comes to mind. Reading and discussing what you've read has to be powerful.

Tracey - hope you get that job! Dream come true!!

Heather
    - what a lovely and private back yard! Look at the solar panels on some of those roofs.

Ok ladies, I gotta get cracking and find some good books to read! Make love to my brain, lol.... <3<3B)>:)<3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    🥾🥾🥾
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited February 2019
    We love our back garden (yard). It is hard to find such a large one in the city. The two other houses we wanted to buy had much smalker gardens. On the ground floor we are very private and will be more so when the trees are in leaf. That photo was taken from our bedroom window. We have so much wild life to look at from our dining room. Birds galore, tweeting like maniacs.

On the way to the dance class I chatted on the bus with a very nice woman who lives in an apartment on the sea front and has a villa in Spain. I may have persuaded her to come to the Swing class.

The dance class was great. The guy who teaches it made the warm up exercises feel more like real dancing and he played marvellous music. I had to break into a threesome for the creative part, because I had missed three weeks, but they were very accepting and understanding. Next week is a break because of half term. :'(

We've had our blinis and a glass of champagne and now we are waiting for our skate tonight. <3

The shed man did a great job and we have a totally renewed shed. A new one would have cost us four times as much. He came from the handyman company that we used before. What a great idea for a business.

Haven't heard from Karen or Kelly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Happy Valentine's day! My DH got me a dozen purple roses. I was so surprised and happy. Hope everyone is having a safe and happy day.
    This weather is about putting me over the edge. Been so cold and yesterday it was 53 and today the high is 19 with lots of wind. Tonight we are to get up to 3 inches of snow. I work all weekend so long as I can get back and forth I will be ok. But sure looking forward to Spring.
    Went to doctor last week for my 6 month checkup and he said my labs were good and he scheduled my colonoscopy for March 7. I am do thrilled. I have to have them every 5 years because of family history.
    Blessings to everyone and Keep taking it one day at a time. Thanks for sharing you lives.
    Vicki GI NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3