Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Raining again since noon yesterday, all day today and tomorrow, some severe predicted. Flood-watch with the 2 rivers and more rain on this saturated ground. May need a boat! They say we will see sun on Sunday!! Going to the house to help the kids paint tonight. ...and IT's FRIDAY!!!!!

Check in -
    ATHW - 216
    CHW - 192.2
    TW - 181.2
    GW 150
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So I've been kinda down, post travel depression I guess. You ride on a high surrounded by friends and constant activity to suddenly sedentary and lonely, it's rough. Of course all those issues I ran into once I got home didn't help.

ANYWAYS, feeling down of course leads to craving comfort food and for me that's anything covered in cheese. I made the prettiest, glossiest, sauciest pasta and cheese sauce on a whim. I will never reached this pinnacle of sad cooking again. It was so good...

Good news is that I used up the last of the pasta in the house so hopefully it'll force me to bake my chicken and have the salads and wraps I've planned for the week instead of wrapping myself in carby cheesy goodness.

Who's ready for the weekend?!

ATHW: 200
    CHW: 188
    First Goal: 180
    GW: 160

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I AM READY FOR THE WEEKEND! :smiley:
    Birdie - I forgot sorry what part of WI you are from. Some are predicted up to 16 inches and very windy - stay safe! We are looking at 3, but possible ice.
    Marsel- take care of yourself. I hope you feel better. Do something kind for yourself.
    Runa - how are you?! Been thinking of you and hoping you find answers!
    Sara - you made me laugh - sorry not at you but with you. Headset hair is a REAL thing! People have to have each other's backs with that issue!
    Suzu - good luck with the rain! Have fun painting - I bet by Sunday you will look at the house in awe!
    Waves to all others - lurking!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    on phone hold,

seems the scarves and hats I had been sending to the cancer center were not necessary, so I am looking into other items to make crochet/knit that can be used. Good thing I was tired of making scarves/hats anyway, so good timing.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    qsk6a5y4txgb.png

e4gctwvl0psy.png
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

I am one tired Lana, dragging my sorry *kitten* to the Cabana Club very late.

Helping out at my in-laws has me completely worn out. They get up in the morning and don't stop doing something until late evening. I am glad to be helping while FIL knee heals from surgery, but I'm not 100% myself. They have way more energy than I do! LOL!

I call their house The House of Bread. Everywhere you turn, there is bread, crackers, candy, sweets, pies, pasta, ice cream, rice, corn, potatoes, blah, blah.....SO, I seem to be holding my weight. Plus we've actually been eating out a lot. Tonight I lost it and ordered fried chicken and potato salad. I have lost my diet mind. One more week, sort of.

I have no time or energy to get any walking in, seriously. *Kitten*

Thank you for listening.

Lana

250.00 ATH
    240 1/2 steady
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9151 total steps.

Lana- glad you checked in. Mid west is all about bread and starch - they also make good fried chicken and potato salad so I hope you enjoyed every bite of it. Thank you for helping your inlaws.

Got my sandals are more rust than pink corral colored so they will do well. Got an extra gift with purchase- a lunch bag that one of the temps may get.

Hot chocolate and a couple more episodes of Absolutely Fabulous.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite comfy foods in the midwest... fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy (white gravy of course) corn.. lotsa butter... hate to admit, DH is incredibly great and frying chicken! :p
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Rain has moved to the week, so I have a chance to walk more today.

Printed up possible knitting/crocheting projects while on hold yesterday at work. That is what I call multi tasking!!

Tired from my week, so back to sleep with dog.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay, plan is as follows

Sweet potato hash with mini chicken sausages/spinach/white beans and maybe asparagus. Lady dropped off Girl Scout cookies and did not pay her, hoping she stops by.....

Watched video to make a chain of flowers - so that is another project - with garland of eggs and hearts (not together) so 3 garlands I can make.

Lady I know who has had a bad year when offered the teal scarf I have been knitting said she would like it if I was not donating it to charity - so that one is accounted for. The grey one is toast but will make a good garland color for the hearts/eggs.

Wondering if nap is in the cards. As well as a good walk.

bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    In speaking with my father, I found out I weigh more than him. I went and put 2500 steps on my pedometer had a bag full of Korean peanut snacks and decided to cook food tomorrow.

• suzu_2
    Options
    Evening all - I have been on call today, so not on-line much today. We were incredibly fortunate. Bad storms, flooding, tornado warnings all around us. Columbus Miss. was hit. Many friends and one of our hospitals there, but I heard from them and all are safe, thank God! Praying for stabilizing weather around us.
    Hope everyone is having a safe, dry night. I'm heading in to watch my Tigers play - Talk to you tomorrow. Night all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9215 total steps will see if I can do similar tomorrow.

Hot shower then cuddle up with Miss T

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog. Oatmeal on. Cooking today for some meals this week.

Jumping back into bed with dog for more sleep. bbl
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning all! There is this big blazing light in the sky - nahhh that can't be the SUN!!! Wow that looks good.
    Lana - Good to hear from you. Hope everyone has a great day.
    On call and can't stray that far from my lap-top today, but I'm hoping to get a couple of miles on the line a little later. Baxter was going stir crazy with 4 days in a row in the house, and we got a brief break in the rain about 8 last night. I took him out and threw the neon tennis ball with him. He was one muuuudy pup! Had to scrub him down after, but he was so glad to get out and run.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi to all,
    Snowy n rainy day. Jack got his walk early as the winds were quiet and now very gusty. I am very thankful for my “small 3” snow fall as north has 18” & counting.
    My brother said he shoveled snow off roof yesterday and had 4’ on roof. After doing, can’t see out of house windows any longer. This is in UP MI. Just 2 hrs north of me.
    It seems weather is crazy every where.

Laundry room not quite done as back order for some lumber. To be in this week.

I’ve been eating right and excercising but no movement on scale this week. “Shoulder shrug”.

Take care
    Birdie
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Oh Birdie! I cannot even imagine dealing with that much snow! Maybe in my younger days, but the Reynaud's has gotten so much worse over the past two years I'm afraid that my fingers would just drop off!
    The sun warmed us up this afternoon. Still needed a coat and gloves, but the sun was beautiful and I decided to take my phone and chance on-call. Bax and I got 5.3 miles in and it felt so good! I wanted to get a shot of the Wolf River to share - Whoa!! is it ever up! This is normally a pretty little quiet river bend.

ifrqw9pilqyg.jpg
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    I wanted to get a shot of the Wolf River to share - Whoa!! is it ever up! This is normally a pretty little quiet river bend.

Thursday night, my mom and her older sister were talking about how they used to swim in the Wolf River in the 50s and 60s. Can you imagine?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6494 total steps,

Stepped in a big mess of dog/cat poo :s:p and just got done cleaning the bottom of my boots (think waffle stompers). I kept blaming Miss T for smelling so bad, but it was me (shoes). Good way to stop food intake for the night. - Dont try this at home, please.

Lemonade Girl Scout cookies (8) in freezer with small amount of Hagen Dazs vanilla ice cream to save for a special occasion. Made before dog walk.....

• suzu_2
    Options
    @Twiley510 - Nope! I would be afraid a 2 headed catfish would get me! Lol