JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    No Crisis Today... No Drama... But still had moments of uneasiness... And as usual, I fought
    through the feeling. I don't even know why I am not at ease when there is nothing going on.
    Then the phone rings... Uh, there it is. The answer to my intuitive nature. BUT GOD ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
    JFT THURSDAY
    I'M GOING TO TRY, I'M GOING TO WIN. THE GLASS IS FILLING UP AND POSITIVITY IS
    GOING TO CARRY ME THROUGH MY TRYS... POSITIVITY IS GOING TO IGNITE MY STEPS
    AND I WILL WALK AND NOT FAINT, I WILL PUT IN THE WORK AND I WILL GET RESULTS!
    I WILL REGAIN STAMINA, I WILL LET GO OF THE DEAD WEIGHT, I WILL REFUSE THE LIFE
    STEALERS!! I WILL ALLOW JOY AND LAUGHTER INTO MY DAYS AND I WILL REACH MY
    GOALS!!
    I'M A WINNER๐Ÿ’ช
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Struggling:
    I gave up wine it's been almost2 months but I still want to even though I don't. I gave up junk food, fast food & going out to eat.
    It's been a struggle not to go back to old habits
    I still crave sweets& still hunting for something to
    Eat when I'm upset or depressed ๐Ÿ˜ž I do have 1 frnd I chim in from time to time, she's supportive
    & That's good ๐Ÿ˜Š. But at times ik I'm having a hard time & cry myself to sleep. Because weight process is very difficult at this point & I feel I'm on my own at times. I'm trying to give up breads or at least cut it down but that is another week spot for me. Giving up so much at once is alot & big step
    Try to keep a journal but not every day like I should
    Try to post exercise when I can or do them, I always remind myself ( more I eat, harder I have to exercise more) idk just going through it all is a struggle & difficult on my own& keeping everything in or to myself not ez.

Hi, I hope joining this group makes you feel less isolated. Lots of us have similar struggles and can offer a listening ear and share what's working.

It' sounds as if you are making significant changes to your diet hence the struggle to form new habits. You will need to find a diet and way of life that's sustainable long term. Can you include positive food choices that are substitutes for what you're cut out so that you can give yourself praise for doing something rather than only noting what you can't have anymore e.g. Drinking a certain amount of water, eating 5 or more fruit and veg, getting a daily walk.

You've shown a lot of determination over the last 2 months; you can build on you achievements and celebrate you wins with us.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 28 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    March challenge

I think I am benefiting from the January and February challenges as they are helping to improve my habits (not there yet hence listing them every day otherwise I'd slip back into poor old ways) :D

Any ideas for a March challenge please?
  • mafrofro
    mafrofro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My commitment for today is to do the following:
    - Drink 2l water
    - Log everything good or bad
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Tuesday didn't really turn out any better, I ended up having a bit of a binge last night and then didn't weigh in this morning because of it.
    Need to have a bit of a re-focus.
    I normally come on here first thing as soon as I get in work and update all of the challenges and accountability threads Iโ€™m on but I just couldnโ€™t this morning because I was a bit ashamed of admitting it. I even thought about lying about a maintain. Iโ€™ve just logged on now and had a read of some posts and Iโ€™m feeling a bit better and glad I didnโ€™t make up a result.
    Iโ€™ve not had bad day so far. Foods havenโ€™t been โ€˜healthy healthyโ€™ but should be under my calorie allowance for the day.
    My JFT for Wednesday was to log on to MFP and the forums.

Went to my PT session last night and felt so much better after. Stayed under my calorie goal yesterday too.
    Calming down again now and feeling much better about everything.

JFT - Thursday
    Log all foods and stay under calorie goal
    Drink 2 bottles of water
    Rememer why you are doing this :)

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    My commitment for today is to do the following:
    - Drink 2l water
    - Log everything good or bad

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    YOU CAN DO THIS! WE'RE WITH YOU!!
    YOU'VE GOT THIS! WE'VE GOT THIS!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    ar6u4cm5gg4m.jpg
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food ๐Ÿ‘
    2. Drink 150oz water๐Ÿ‘
    3. Workout at home๐Ÿ‘
    4. Meditate ๐Ÿ‘
    5. At meeting yoi know is going to be frustrating, donโ€™t let know it all men boss you around. Keep your cool.๐Ÿ‘ still no acknowledgement that I am in the higher position, but an ok meeting

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Barre class
    4. Meditate
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    WHERE MY LADIES AT?
    @toaljasa
    @cory17
    @MimiH84
    Hello, Good Morning! I Need you on here๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello all, happy Thursday!

@maryrobinson40 you can do this! You are strong and you will persevere through it all!!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’ฎ

Yesterday 2/27:

1. Stay within calorie goal๐Ÿ˜
    2. Go for a walk at lunch - weather permitting (might be raining today)๐Ÿ˜
    3. Leave work by 5:15๐Ÿ˜Š it was like 5:20, close enough
    4. Cook dinner๐Ÿ˜
    5. Put away laundry๐Ÿ˜žnooooope.....

JFT 2/28:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Workout after work
    5. Make mechanic appointment
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted or logged my food all week. I've been feeling very under the weather and have spent a couple of days on the sofa. Much better now, just very tired. Also, I ate more junk food than I'm used to nowadays at the weekend and I'm going to blame that for my gut being upset. I don't know if that really is the reason but I reckon it will be good for me to think it was, will stop me eating it again!

I don't plan on logging today, may start again next week. Friday tomorrow and I'm going out with family for a meal. We only manage to all get together about 6 times a year, so I'm not going to worry about diet. If I'm feeling full I may skip dessert.

I feel I need to take a slightly different approach to losing weight. Cutting the calories works to some extent, but I've never mastered keeping it off afterwards. Been reading a diet book which I'm tempted to try for a change. Basically, it's eat "real" foods, not anything processed, and low carbs. I've dieted better in the past when I've cut out some carbs, so it might be worth a go.

JFT Thursday 28th February

Walk with a friend, get out into the countryside
    Eat sensibly
    Pay bills
    Plant seeds
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Struggling:
    I gave up wine it's been almost2 months but I still want to even though I don't. I gave up junk food, fast food & going out to eat.
    It's been a struggle not to go back to old habits
    I still crave sweets& still hunting for something to
    Eat when I'm upset or depressed ๐Ÿ˜ž I do have 1 frnd I chim in from time to time, she's supportive
    & That's good ๐Ÿ˜Š. But at times ik I'm having a hard time & cry myself to sleep. Because weight process is very difficult at this point & I feel I'm on my own at times. I'm trying to give up breads or at least cut it down but that is another week spot for me. Giving up so much at once is alot & big step
    Try to keep a journal but not every day like I should
    Try to post exercise when I can or do them, I always remind myself ( more I eat, harder I have to exercise more) idk just going through it all is a struggle & difficult on my own& keeping everything in or to myself not ez.

I hope you figure things out a bit. I think you are doing great with 2 months in, but I want to caution you about removing everything you enjoy from your life (unless there is a medical reason for the changes.). The beauty of MFP is that its about an overall energy balance. Calories in versus calories out. Making better food choices is important because the healthier foods allow you to eat more and feel more satisfied and improve your overall health. Where as the tempting high calorie often high carb stuff are often a quick fix. That being said, carbs aren't evil and having a treat or even a roll every now and then if it fits into your calorie budget can be a good thing. You feel less restricted. I've done carb free when I used to train to race, for me it was very effective, but not sustainable because quite frankly I love fruit, and bread and pasta. Now I do a lower carb diet because I feel better this way. I still eat pizza, but 2 slices maybe every 2 weeks instead of 4 slices every week. I still eat spaghetti, but a smaller portion with a larger salad. If I go out to dinner I have 1 roll (man I love rolls) instead of 3. On these days, I try to plan for it by keeping my earlier meals light or making sure I workout that day. If it is a last minute thing, and I haven't prep'd for it, I try not to go more than 300 over then I make it up the next day at the gym or with a long walk/run.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't have to be miserable to lose weight. You don't have to be hard on yourself or torture yourself to lose weight. You really just have to watch your calories and plan for your treats and you can lose weight. You don't even have to exercise to lose weight, I just like to because I feel better and it gives me a little more freedom in my diet.

Take care and give me a shout if you need a pal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OMG --- its March!!!!

TIme for another challenge???

Reminder:

January Challenge --- keep a cup or something to remind you to drink 8+ glasses of water. (For me, its a red cup, hence called Red Cup Challenge)

Feb Challenge: Nitetime snacking ... limit snack to just one, and then stop

March Challenge:: Spring will be here soon ... I hope!! I am one that needs the sunshine, and the fresh air. WHile I try to go to the gym, there is nothing like breathing in fresh air.

So the challenge for March is to get out and go for a walk ... everyday (of course, unless it is icy -- like it is for us today) . Even if for only 15 minutes ... go outside, walk, look at mother nature, soak in the sunshine, and think all those positive thoughts. But I know for me, this just helps my mood so much
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 2-27-19

1. Log all food :(Had a snack attack late last night. Got into a bag of trail mix and have no idea how much of it I ate.
    2. Gym :)I was only there for a half an hour but I worked up one hell of a sweat and got my h/r over 145.
    3. Prep lunch for Matt :)He actually didn't get a break last night so he ate most of it when he got home. Lol
    4. Clean out car :)It still smells pretty bad but it's clean. I think I might go take it to a gas station and vacuum it out.
    5. Fold clothes :)Done! Matt and I listened to a hysterical podcast while he played video games and I folded. It was great! A nice relaxing half hour.
    6. D's house to visit/declutter :)I had a blast! I hadn't seen her since before Christmas. Probably not since Matt went on disability in September. She bought me this really cool fold up desk as "payment". I always tell her she doesn't have to do that but gifts are her love language and she loves giving them to me. Lol.
    7. Sensible dinner(Don't go crazy!) :)Sausage hamburger patties on buns and air fried french steak fries. I ate reasonable potions and boy did I enjoy them!
    8. Read more of KC :DI usually do this at the gym but I got so caught up talking to a bunch of people on my phone that I did get a chance. Lol. I'm going to read a few chapters tonight!
    9. Home by 830 :)I think it was closer to 730. But we got a lot done since I got there are 4. Lol
    10. Bed by 11 :DFunny story! I spent from about 9pm until around130am doing vocabulary exercises in a vocab book from 1978...D got it for me from the school that she works at. They were going to throw them away. I am a strange duck...Lol.

Because I went to bed so late I had a really hard time waking up. I didn't get up until 10am. It's now 11:15 and I am only on my second cup of coffee! Lol.

To weigh in on the carb discussion...

I LOVE carbs but I stick to complex ones. I always have. My parents switched to brown rice/whole wheat pasta/whole wheat bread when I was very small. Probably 10 or 11. So I don't even remember eating the white kind. Probably one of the best decisions foodwise that they made. Any bread I get is usually some sort of 12 grain. We only eat whole wheat pasta and we don't even like white rice. Potatoes we do limit but we still eat them anyway. Matt is a fry fanatic! I try to stay away from them but sometimes I succumb too. And there's nothing wrong with homemade mashed potatoes every once in a while. I don't beat myself up about it. A little indulgence every once in a while is not bad. In fact I think it's good. It's all about moderation right? Eating smaller portions of the things that you enjoy? That's how I try to look at it. Snack attacks do happen but not nearly as often as they used to. At least not in the last week(other than last night! Lol).

Okay...don't really have much to say at the moment I guess...wow I have become really boring the last few days. Lol!

JFT, 2-28-19

1. Log all food!
    2. Get up and get moving!
    3. Declutter entryway for desk
    4. Look up the website about paraprofessionals
    5. Take out trash
    6. Rest day
    7. Eat lunch!
    8. Figure out dinner
    9. Do the dishes
    10. Take a shower
    11. Bed at a decent hour
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,526 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Recap 2/27 W ~ Happy Hump Day!
    1) Walked treadmill before work / 3 mi 50:51 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,729 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 44 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast & snacks / not sure of lunch or supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Specific pre-planning works better for me... after supper I was snacking, mostly to keep awake, I think, since I had to head out after 11 p.m. for job fieldwork ~ way past my usual bedtime, but as someone mentioned recently, I used to come home from bars much later than that! :D Snacking not so good. Net calories -563 (oops) :s , sodium -700, sugar -8, fiber & protein good, 14c water (yay)
    4) Update weekly JFT w-i post :smiley:
    5) In office: complete Title 31 write-ups from Tues site visits & prep paperwork for 3rd shift site visit :smiley:
    6) Evening: prep clothes for workplace snowshoe hike :smile: / prep lunch for Th :smile: / set alarm (no workout) :smile: / meal plan & grocery list :smiley: / declutter 15 min. :p nope ~ took nap instead so I would be rested / site visit after 11 p.m. (remember mileage log) :smiley: left 11:20 returned just after midnight... happy location was close to home / maybe stay up w/ hubby when we both get home from work = wide awake (for a bit) when hubby got home <3
    7) Skip floss & retainers ~ just this once ;)

JFT 2/28 R
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / brought leftovers to work for lunch / leftovers for supper / no snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Work: download seminar survey responses & email contacts / resolve tech issues w/ EMT website / complete write-ups from last night / last site visit 2nd shift (remember mileage log)
    4) Lunchtime: change clothes & leave on time / workplace mindful snowshoe hike / remember phone (walking app)
    5) Evening: get glasses adjusted? / pick up Beer & Biscuits (fundraiser) ticket / choir 6:30 / grocery shop, unload car & put everything away / prep veggies & crockpot for Fri. a.m.
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill before work F)

Heard on radio today that we have 2nd snowiest Feb. on record, and more snow tomorrow into Sat. Figures, I was complaining early Jan. about the brown ground. I don't mind the snow, but hate the slushy snow underneath that is now frozen into slippery ice. No dog walks for the foreseeable future = sad dog & sad me.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi, sweet ladies,

Sometimes a small step can lead to a more joyful, more peaceful state of being.

What is one thing today that you can do to add to a more positive you, spiritually, physically, or mentally? Just one thing? Nothing earth shattering, goal setting.

Applying lotion to your feet and hands (or to someone else's)? making your bed? organizing your underwear drawer? Writing (and mailing!) a short thinking-of-you note? Taking a walk? Cleaning off your desk? Writing down a prayer or scripture or quote? Dancing in the kitchen? Yoga? Going to bed early? Taking a candle lit bubble bath? Going through a pile of paperwork?

Yesterday, I tackled a pile of paper that needed shredding. It took less than twenty minutes but now the table top is clutter free and dust free (yes, they had been there a while!). And it did give me peace and joy to have that little part of my world right again.

Today, I am going to take a few minutes and vacuum the drawers and cabinets in my kitchen where crumbs have set up residence.
    00dwhma759ll.png
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Last call for the Financial Peace University course for anyone who was with us prior to Jan 1 of this year. I have a taker here locally but they can wait if you want Hannah to send it your way.

JFT 2/28
    Still shifting from 146-150. Not as tenacious or self-disciplined as I was this time last year.

Drink 6 cups water/herbal tea
    Strength training (working on back and underarm fat)
    Prayer journal
    Vacuum kitchen drawers and cabinets
    Start new baby quilt (finally finished the labor of love one, ugh!)

My daughter-in-law let me know this morning that she thinks she miscarried again. This is their fourth miscarriage. She was at four weeks this time which is easier on the body than when the baby is farther along.

Blessings and Peace.