Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited February 2019
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    OMG --- its March!!!!

TIme for another challenge???

Reminder:

January Challenge --- keep a cup or something to remind you to drink 8+ glasses of water. (For me, its a red cup, hence called Red Cup Challenge)

Feb Challenge: Nitetime snacking ... limit snack to just one, and then stop

March Challenge:: Spring will be here soon ... I hope!! I am one that needs the sunshine, and the fresh air. WHile I try to go to the gym, there is nothing like breathing in fresh air.

So the challenge for March is to get out and go for a walk ... everyday (of course, unless it is icy -- like it is for us today) . Even if for only 15 minutes ... go outside, walk, look at mother nature, soak in the sunshine, and think all those positive thoughts. But I know for me, this just helps my mood so much

Thank you, I really like this challenge as it fits with my positive experiences of walking and trying to be mindful of the nice things I see, hear and smell. Good job it was not today's challenge though as I scuttled along unthinkingly to meet Fitbit excercise goals in a limited amount of time!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Why is it today ... I just want to eat and eat!! :/ But I'm not ... had my oatmeal, and lunch. So gotta stop!

Well done you for being strong and resisting temptation.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @mytime6630 RED CUP!! You're probably thirsty! Also, I am definitely up for the March challenge. I am so ready for this winter to be over. It's been gloomy and wet and the temperatures have been all over the place. Of course it's sunny today and I completely reorganized our bedroom and I feel great! Lol.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,252 Member
    @mytime6630 RED CUP!! You're probably thirsty! Also, I am definitely up for the March challenge. I am so ready for this winter to be over. It's been gloomy and wet and the temperatures have been all over the place. Of course it's sunny today and I completely reorganized our bedroom and I feel great! Lol.

You are right ... maybe I just need water!!! I think I need sunshine!!!!!!! We got ice last nite, now snow. I have no motivation to do anything ... just want to curl up with junk food. So thanks guys .... have to do this for me. And yes, I'll gulp that water!!
  • mytime6630
    Why is it today ... I just want to eat and eat!! :/ But I'm not ... had my oatmeal, and lunch. So gotta stop!

Well done you for being strong and resisting temptation.

Why is it somedays I can do so well all day ... today... I am just hungry!! Going to drink my water, and get busy!
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2019
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hello all,

I know it has been a long while since I’ve posted but I am in need of a reboot. I went to our old message board and was panicked to see no one had posted since December! So happy to see this group is still going strong. Hope you can all forgive me for stepping away. I have been slipping with habits lately pretty badly and had a breakup just last week so I’m feeling a bit lonely and lost and probably depressed if I’m being honest. So I’d like to get some healthier routines on board first, and then look at eating and exercise, so that’s what I’ll be checking in about. I have really missed you all and your support and I hope everyone is doing well. I’m excited and hopeful to get things back on track and I know I can do it!! Love you all!

Just for today:
    One house chore
    Start dishes and tidying
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal
    Journal
    Bed at 9:30

So happy to see you back! We missed you! I am so sorry about your breakup.... we are here for you if you ever want to vent and talk. It is frustrating how easy old habits can come back.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    @mytime6630 Do not eat and eat!
    Take it from me, i felt the same way today, that i could eat and est and guess what i did, i ate and ate.

And guess what again! It didnt make me feel better. It made me feel a hell of a lot worse.
    Please, persevere and dont do it
  • mytime6630
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Last call for the Financial Peace University course for anyone who was with us prior to Jan 1 of this year. I have a taker here locally but they can wait if you want Hannah to send it your way.

JFT 2/28
    Still shifting from 146-150. Not as tenacious or self-disciplined as I was this time last year.

Drink 6 cups water/herbal tea
    Strength training (working on back and underarm fat)
    Prayer journal
    Vacuum kitchen drawers and cabinets
    Start new baby quilt (finally finished the labor of love one, ugh!)

My daughter-in-law let me know this morning that she thinks she miscarried again. This is their fourth miscarriage. She was at four weeks this time which is easier on the body than when the baby is farther along.

Blessings and Peace.

I am so sorry to hear of your DIL miscarriage. I also miscarriaged a lot ... so very hard. Hugs to you and your DIL.
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 Do not eat and eat!
    Take it from me, i felt the same way today, that i could eat and est and guess what i did, i ate and ate.

And guess what again! It didnt make me feel better. It made me feel a hell of a lot worse.
    Please, persevere and dont do it

You guys are the best <3
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @Snowflake1968 If you joined before the end of March last year I was unemployed (like I am now). That was the happiest I had been in a very long time. I am now just as happy as I was then. I LOVE being home. My ultimate goal is to make my living as a writer. To be able to stay home with my children and bring money in doing something I enjoy. I was absolutely miserable at my previous job. When I got fired last Friday I left the job with the a huge smile on my face. I was laughing as I called Matt to tell him what happened. We have some money saved up so I'm going to just stay home and focus on me and my writing for a while. I have a few ideas about what I want to do. I don't think the clinic is going to happen. To be honest I didn't think it would. My partner is notoriously unreliable. But yes, I am unbelievably, joyously, uproariously happy.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    @Snowflake1968 If you joined before the end of March last year I was unemployed (like I am now). That was the happiest I had been in a very long time. I am now just as happy as I was then. I LOVE being home. My ultimate goal is to make my living as a writer. To be able to stay home with my children and bring money in doing something I enjoy. I was absolutely miserable at my previous job. When I got fired last Friday I left the job with the a huge smile on my face. I was laughing as I called Matt to tell him what happened. We have some money saved up so I'm going to just stay home and focus on me and my writing for a while. I have a few ideas about what I want to do. I don't think the clinic is going to happen. To be honest I didn't think it would. My partner is notoriously unreliable. But yes, I am unbelievably, joyously, uproariously happy.

I started reading this board in March last year and started commenting towards the end of Narch. I had gone back and read to the beginning of January. One of the things that kept me coming back was finding out if you got the job, you were waiting and kept thinking you would hear and it seemed to go on for weeks!
    I have found being home that I need the routine of a job, I am not feeling like I’m contributing to life at all right now and really want to work and use my brain.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    I GOT MY ESSAY DONE AND IT'S ONLY THURSDAY WOOO! I GET TO GO ON VACATION AND NOT STRESS ABOUT WORK!

Woohoo!!!! Have a wonderful trip!
  • ZizzyBumble
    I GOT MY ESSAY DONE AND IT'S ONLY THURSDAY WOOO! I GET TO GO ON VACATION AND NOT STRESS ABOUT WORK!

Have a lovely trip and enjoy it without work stresses B)B)
  • ZizzyBumble
    Thursday 28 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    @Snowflake1968 I modified the February challenge to evening facial routine and teeth as I'm not a nighttime snacker. I think I saw the benefits from doing that as opposed to following the original challenge that would not have resulted in improvements for me. My thoughts are go ahead and modify the March walking challenge to something that that will benefit you. If, by the end of the year, I have 12 new, good habits, that will be something to celebrate!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    OMG --- its March!!!!

TIme for another challenge???

Reminder:

January Challenge --- keep a cup or something to remind you to drink 8+ glasses of water. (For me, its a red cup, hence called Red Cup Challenge)

Feb Challenge: Nitetime snacking ... limit snack to just one, and then stop

March Challenge:: Spring will be here soon ... I hope!! I am one that needs the sunshine, and the fresh air. WHile I try to go to the gym, there is nothing like breathing in fresh air.

So the challenge for March is to get out and go for a walk ... everyday (of course, unless it is icy -- like it is for us today) . Even if for only 15 minutes ... go outside, walk, look at mother nature, soak in the sunshine, and think all those positive thoughts. But I know for me, this just helps my mood so much

YIPPIEEEEE!!!! COUNT ME IN ON THIS ONE... AND I expect my sisters to make me accountable! Ask me if I walked! Scold
    me if I don't. The only excuse I will allow myself is sickness, or injury, but I'm praying that neither happens.