The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in on the 3 month challenge. The next 3 are hard months and the challenge would be a help. Great idea!
  • salleewins
    Options
    Veggiegirl I think I will make the garden, too. I have been eating a lot of salads with basil and want to do cilantro etc. So a garden would be fun. Do the chipmunks and squirrels bother the herbs, does anyone know? They are terrible here with the tomatoes when I did the tomatoes in buckets one year.
  • salleewins
    Options
    @Fitness327wk yes alcohol free looks good on you!

• salleewins
    Options
    Congrats to all that are achieving progress!!
  • salleewins
    edited March 2019
    Options
    LOVE THIS QUOTE!!! ❤️

Frank Outlaw expresses this principle well:

Watch your thoughts, they become words.

Watch your words, they become actions.

Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your habits, they become character.

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Yeah that swearing is back again. It seems to show up when under stress and not drinking. I will beat that one back, too. I believe what Frank has said. That is why when alcohol hits my head to want to drink, I have to not think on it, or dwell on it or it just keeps going until one day I will be drinking again.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Can there be a list of substitute drinks that people could choose from as a fall back if they get into a spot?
    My go to is diet tonic (sweetened with stevia) or kombucha which doesn't make me want alcohol and doesn't effect me in any bad way. Some have said it has a little percentage but it's not sold in the liquor shop so to me it doesn't count. Everyone to their own choice, that's fine.
    Or the other thing I have is Sanpellegrino with lemon, o r lime , or berries.
    Diet lemonade with a fruit tea bag is another scrumptious drink..
    Anymore options, ppls, U can add?

@ElC_76
    If I am in a bar situation or a cocktail party...My go to drinks, besides water with lemon, are Club soda and lime or an Arnold Palmer (half tea half lemonade) if they have good tea. BTW - Arnold Palmer's are usually pretty good at golf club-houses (i.e. the 19th hole) - you will have to experiment with other places.

I hate diet coke - so if I do not want to drink anything - I order one. It lasts a long time ha-ha.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Can there be a list of substitute drinks that people could choose from as a fall back if they get into a spot?
    I just bought a couple bottles of the Sutterhome FRE brut champagne. Has anyone tried it? I thought it would be nice to be able to really pop a bottle when there is something to celebrate. I read on another board that it was actually quite tasty.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Three-month dry challenge participants thus far (let me know if I missed you):

@errydayimmusclin
    @Ed_Zilla
    @MountainLaurel787
    @whitpauly
    @ngk2000
    @salleewins
    @lorrainequiche59
    @Yellowstone1983
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Veggiegirl I think I will make the garden, too. I have been eating a lot of salads with basil and want to do cilantro etc. So a garden would be fun. Do the chipmunks and squirrels bother the herbs, does anyone know? They are terrible here with the tomatoes when I did the tomatoes in buckets one year.

@salleewins Herb gardens are fun and mostly low maintenance. I have never had the squirrels bother my herbs except for when new plants go into the ground. They love fresh dirt and will dig next to them, so keep an eye on that. My plants are well established, so they pay no attention to them. The squirrels in my area love to try to destroy my veggie garden though and they love tomatoes the most! I have created a cage to go around my tomato plants and covered it in bird netting. This is the only thing they can't seem to get through and boy do they try! The squirrels around here can be pretty destructive, I can't even sit pumpkins on my porch in the fall because they eat on them. The only veggie I've grown so far that they don't destroy are peppers.