WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    morning,afternoon evening ladies~
    Bwctce~ in 2 months haven't had a woosh yet lol... although today might be the day.. went to Stop and Shop for a small grocery shop and stopped by the local coffee house.. she made me what is called a Keto London fog. which is a tea with sugar free vanilla syrup and foamed froth on top.. then i got an apple cinnamon french toast tea latte to go and drank that on my way to Bed Bath and Beyond.. well needless to say on the way home I had to find a bathroom quick.. SF anything is good but in moderation.. think I over did it. Live and learn..
    im getting very good at buying from the outside aisles of the store... but a load of celery because I love it with cream cheese , and 1 english cucmber.. some more salad mix and some chicken thighs..
    I wasn't going to go to Bed Bath and Beyond , but I really wanted some towels that Elena bought at Toms house.. matches perfectly with my bathroom, and I had a boatload of 20% off coupons... I also bought a tiered mug holder for my bedroom, for my little tea area..
    got rubbermaid food savers that keep vegetables fresher longer, i figured i should invest in something that is helping my overall well being, that and glass instead of plastic containers to bring lunches in..
    Dan only lives down the street but wants to stay overnight here so he can do his laundry and if he has to walk to work, I live right next door to the grocery store..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Who was talking about the phenomenon of "whoosh".. when weight plateaus and then takes a 3-5 pound drop? I can't remember. But this morning I had my "whoosh!" Down 3 pounds. I've been doing my "plan" right and have been watching the scale bounce for over 2-1/2 weeks now. We'll see if this holds, but, for today, it makes me quite happy! Allie ... I didn't think it was going to happen and like you was questioning my "diet" decisions ... you hang in there!

Congratulations on your “whoosh” on the scale!!! Happy dancing 💃🏻

• skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi skf1201!

I travel to Kearney NE about once a week to visit my Dad from Northwest Missouri! You are not kidding this winter has been nuts!

Great job getting out and moving today before the next round hits! Hopefully a better week for all battling winter next week!

It’s truly a small world. We live about 3 hours East of Kearney. I have friends who live in Grand Island which is near Kearney. May each of your travels be safe ones. Go Big Red!!! 😊

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    0n7ljml4mzw9.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Heather))): I love to sit under an umbrella with a seafood meal—unless someone is smoking nearby. I prefer almost anything other than the smell of cigarettes. I’ll always feel that way because of my chain-smoking parents. Riding in the backseat of the car and cracking my window to get air caused lectures about me being selfish. Perhaps your DH lived with something like that in his childhood. If so, I feel sorry for the child he was having to endure it back then. :cry: I haven’t had to face that issue in a very long time. I live in a state that doesn’t allow smoking in restaurants and bars. Yay Oregon!

Barbara: I am pleased about your gentle victory. I sympathize about Joe’s GERD, a condition I share. I’ve learned to use pillows to elevate my head and shoulders on nights when I have acid reflux. It doesn’t make things perfect, but it helps. :ohwell:

NYKaren: Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Most of the time when I take my bone density meds I sit upright at my computer and visit with this group. I take a once a week version of alondrate. You swallow the pill with plenty of water and sit upright for 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything else. Between the medicine, yoga, walking and horseback riding, my bone density has improved. I’ve had a follow up bone density test that showed significantly improved bone density. I don’t know anything about prolia. I hope it works well for you. :star:

Karen in VA: I hope you get some rest. :star:

Ksullivanpdx: Welcome! I hope you’ll stop by often & tell us a bit about yourself. :star:

My riding lesson was cancelled today because my teacher had to work. I’m a bit disappointed but I could have gone out to ride anyway. I’m having a low energy day today and chose not to ride. I’ll go another day when I’m more energetic.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    🤪
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~ I just watched a Prime movie from amazon~ the ladies in lavender .. Dame Judy Dench was in it.. what a stunning movie... if you ever get a chance to see it.. please do.. well off to bed..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Azcat!

Dana so sorry! Family can be great and on the other hand hurt greatly. So very sorry!

Praying for you to have peace!