WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Beautiful day today even though it was chilly. Lots of sunshine. Took DH to doc appointment after going to Les Schwab to get flat tire fixed. My kids had changed it but sensor light was on and flashing after the spare was on so I was a little leary of driving it to Everett. Turns out the spare has no sensor so that was the problem. Anyway all is safe now and warning light is out. Yay! Ate salmon at Ivar's for lunch, no fries.

Rita - Happy birthday!

I remember DH and I paid $50 per month for rent when we were first married.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Machka - If your husband is not well enough to be answering her questions how is he considered well enough to be returning to work? I understand the WCB’s role in getting people back quickly but sometimes I think they try too hard and push too much.

Tracey in Edmonton

He is well enough to work a little bit ... physically, he's quite strong. He's got great procedural memory. He's good at things like mathematics. He's got a large vocabulary. He plans things well and is logical.

However, because of the location of the brain injury, his language centre has been damaged. So he misunderstands things, "loses" words, and processes communication slowly. He also struggles with fatigue.

What seems to work best is when I write down information for him, then tell him about it, and then have a bit of a discussion over the next few days.

I've tried to communicate that to his BTW (back to work) coordinator, but she doesn't seem to understand. She tried to spring an interview on him last week without telling him the name of the person he was to meet, specifically where he was supposed to go, or any other background information. That interview didn't work out because it was way too short notice for us (and he had the flu last week anyway), so I've been asking for that information since ... and for some reason, she won't give it to me.

If you had an interview, wouldn't you want to know who you were going to meet and the specific location you were supposed to go and a little bit about their expectations?

Instead, she's insisting on arranging regular meetings with my husband to ... from the sounds of what I've read in her emails ... cure him of these little issues (language, processing and fatigue) so that he can do what she wants him to do. And she absolutely does not want me there. :confused: I think I will set something up, but I've got to think about what it will be.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

summer bike is out.
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.25min, 11.2amph, 139mhr, 1.5mi= 103c
    0 RUNNER- 20min, 106ahr, 131mhr, 9.34min mi, lvl8, 10h, 118c, 42l, 2.11mi= 202c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.22min, 135mhr, 13.8amph, 1.4mi= 72c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.48min, 11.5amph, 149mhr, 3mi= 180c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.05min, 9.47min mi, 153mhr, .5mi= 69c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.46min, 10.12min mi, 149mhr, .4mi= 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.49min, 8amph, 146mhr, 2.6mi= 193c

total cal 874
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Machka I would want to go with my husband under the circumstances. I would have a talk with her for sure.

Wila and Bella Welcome! Just a tip: We do have a chatty group so pop in everyday to keep up!

I want to thank you all who gave me hugs or commented about my rant yesterday. Thank you!

Lisa In AR We are about 200 miles south of you (maybe less) and we may get ice or snow once in a while, but I agree with you, Arkansas drivers freak me out and some of the state rules are odd too.
    Like in Texas and California, the person turning right had the right of way and you can drive into either lane it there are double lanes. But here, the person turning right had to stay in the far right lane and the person across the intersection that are turning left have to stay in the left lane and both can go simultaneously.
    The first week we had moved here my DH was in an accident. A lady turned into his car! I’ve had some close calls too!

Dana In Arkansas
    💚🌲💚🌲💚🌲💚
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Dana in Arkansas- Ohio is turn onto the closest lane by law, ut few people abide by that law. I learned to drive in VA which is the same. Needless to say, I have had my share of horns blown at me because I turned into my closest lane at the same time another car turned and wanted the not closest lane.

Machka- I dont like his btw person. She needs more training on case to case differences! I am happy you are there for your husband's support! I love your name!

Name game- Kylia is Gaelic and is a symbol of victory and beauty. My mom named me after my father- kyle- but didn't like 4 letter names so added the "i" as silent. At 56, I have only met a handful of Kylas and only one spelled like mine. My middle name is Marai. Pronounced Ma-ray. Gets mistaken for Maria often(including my child support paperwork years ago!)

Had a rough time getting started today. Even work was not my best. I kept getting "squirreled" . Massage was awesome. Kitchen cleaned. Laundry going. Won't hit my steps today, but getting some extras in waiting to fold then switch laundry.

Welcome to the new ladies! Press the star at the top of page to turn yellow. Adds to favorites so easier to find. Let us know what you want to be called and a general location so we can place you in our minds. Check in often! Dont feel the urge to comment on every post, but feel free to chime in as can! This is a close knit group with open arms and lots of support!

I hope everyone made the best choices they could today. Hugs to all cause they make me smile!

<3
    Kylia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did about 20 minutes of pilates then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Prevention’s Get Moving DVD.

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army, then to Aldi, then stopped at AC Moore, then home to get dinner ready, then bowling, ate dinner then ceramics and mahjongg. Now here.

I can’t get over how cold it has gotten. No fair! I want to go back to FL!!!! Waaaa.

Janetr – I have a bit of a cavity so they need to take the crown off, clean the tooth, then put a temporary crown on.

Tracey – down here people with 4 wheel drive think they can go in ANYTHING.

Suebdew – I’m so sorry about your friend

Welcome everyone new!

Rita – happy birthday

Yvonne – good luck with the dog. Be sure to post pics!

Going to plan another CPR for the Newcomers, mainly because mine is about to expire and I need to get it done. We need at least 3 people to have a class. I’m not going to do as much work this time as I did last time.

Michele in NC where it is REALLY cold for NC
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rita!
  • Machka9
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Morning—the 7” of snow was quickly dealt with between DH and I—love the calorie burn! I felt a bit overwhelmed with some sibling drama and a frustrating online reservation computer snafu so I dropped all of it and took out my postcard journal—kind of my instant bullet journal—in one column I listed everything that was bothering me, on the right column I wrote a tiny action that I could do to improve it—took care of low hanging fruit—like clean up your messy ironing pile, go to the gym, face the DDS.... well it worked! Yes, there are still things bothering me (sibling drama is there but I’m not being sucked into that vortex). but guess what—I didn’t binge eat, I handled a few things and felt better. Now off to start the day!

NYKAREN

Well done!!

Similar to you ... when I'm feeling really overwhelmed, I switch into "one thing" mode.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka Keep us, and your husband's neurologist, in your pocket at all interactions with that BTW coordinator. She's obviously on task, but her job (getting folk back to work) is not your priority (restoring your husbands health). Sheesh! And the heck with what SHE wants, you be there for your husband! Can she forbid you? Would his neurologist provide supporting info? Does the agency have an ombudsman or appeals process? Aaauggghh!!! Love your name's story!

:heart:

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Irish Terry- Today is a new day! I have had a couple of blown up days, yes I logged, no I am not proud, but it is in the past. Moving forward!

Rita- Happy Birthday!

Michele in NC- we are back to single digits again- crying.....Looking forward to next week and temps back in the 40s! I am with you!

Lisa- My husband use to negotiate with PT on how long he had to ice. He hates it! As for deadlines, missing them sucks, but sounds like you found something better! I am with you on old paperwork. I just keep minimum. Too many moves with weight limits in the past. It isn't that we aren't sentimental, just practical. ;) I love all the blasts to the past though.

Viv York- some days it is hard to keep up! Just keep reading and jumping in!

NYKaren- I love your problem solving! It took my son in law 2 hours to put an order together for a customer yesterday. It is a big order and usually takes me about 45 minutes. It was hard to sit back and just let him do it.....I need to let go of some things and let him learn though.

Barbara- I am excited for your updates! I already told my husband that my next stove will be propane. There is a line on that wall for the garage heater. I love gas stoves!

Nothing on my schedule today except work. I am feeling my massage! Too cold for hot tub for me! Wind chills in negatives!

Have a blessed day! Stay warm or cool depending on season. Make the best choices you can at the moment! Keep moving forward!

Hugs and <3
    Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options