New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    i7wl6xov52e7.jpg
    ytimn3fwdhiq.jpg
    4dkl7fns2bqi.jpg
    I tried the chocolate PB last night and WOW these were awesome!!! I wasn't expecting them to be as good. I tried Trader Jo bamba peanut butter puffs and wasn't crazy about them. Those had too much of a corn taste.

These were awesome! They had such a light and airy crunch with no corn taste at all. I thought the chocolate would be just a dusting, but it was a lot thicker. It was very sticky and almost "gooey" coating. It was perfect coating because one of the things I disliked about the Trader jo puffs was how dry they were, and these were not at all. I am excited to try the other flavors and see how they compare.

I wonder how they would compare to the pop chips nutter puffs. I haven't had the chocolate ones of those, only the regular.
  • stormtheworld
    stormtheworld Posts: 18 Member
    Options

That is great! Thank you:) Also, we do have a Marshall's (didn't even know we had one lol!) here and will check it out!

zckzc4q9do4n.png
    ^These look really yummy too....any reviews out there for these??[/quote]

@papyrus3 I am in the GTA and I find the skinny syrups at Winners all the time. The selection is hit or miss on flavours but I usually find the large bottles for around 5 or so. Much cheaper than Amazon!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Found the new flavor at Burlington. Was hoping for the others because this was the one I least wanted to try. 6/10 it was good but NO where near as good as the others.

Maybe because I am not a big banana split fan. I put it in plain yogurt and it was really good although the banana was a bit too artificial for my liking. I can’t stand artificial banana flavor.r4809lh2l5we.jpeg

I've never tried any of those, recommend any flavors?

Salted Carmel
    Pumpkin cheesecake
    Pumpkin caramel
    Blueberry
    White chocolate
    Butter pecan
    Pecan caramel

Yes this, I think we have raved about these 100x in this thread so I feel badly posting about them yet again, haha! But they are soooo good. My top favorite is the salted caramel, I go through a bottle a week!

I second every single one she listed and in that order (except I haven't tried the blueberry).

I also like the brown sugar cinnamon and butter toffee. I also LOVE the chocolate salted caramel and chocolate truffle. But none of them are as awesome as the salted caramel in my opinion. That one is just amazing!

I'm curious...I can get most of these via Amazon ca for $30/bottle. What do you pay - I'm assuming most of you commenting on these are American?

OMG, that is insane! Does it cost that much to ship from the states to you? Id send you for cheaper, ha! The price is 3.99 per bottle at tjmax/burlington/etc around me. Online I buy 6 pack from amazon for 31 bucks so a little over 5. They had a black friday sale and I stocked up on 60 of them for 3 bucks each. :D

OMG! What a racket! Now I'm depressed :(

@PAPYRUS3 It looks like you can get them from their website in Canada for about $9 a bottle which is still expensive considering what they are here, but better than $30 a bottle. But I have no idea what they're charging for shipping to Canada.

https://www.skinnymixes.ca/

That is great! Thank you:) Also, we do have a Marshall's (didn't even know we had one lol!) here and will check it out!

zckzc4q9do4n.png
    ^These look really yummy too....any reviews out there for these??

For the skinny syrops.... Check Winners, Marshalls, Homesense. In GTA any time I can find them at $4.99 regular price there and loads of flavours.

Thanks...I'll be going there sometime this week for sure:)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Found the new flavor at Burlington. Was hoping for the others because this was the one I least wanted to try. 6/10 it was good but NO where near as good as the others.

Maybe because I am not a big banana split fan. I put it in plain yogurt and it was really good although the banana was a bit too artificial for my liking. I can’t stand artificial banana flavor.r4809lh2l5we.jpeg

I've never tried any of those, recommend any flavors?

Salted Carmel
    Pumpkin cheesecake
    Pumpkin caramel
    Blueberry
    White chocolate
    Butter pecan
    Pecan caramel

Yes this, I think we have raved about these 100x in this thread so I feel badly posting about them yet again, haha! But they are soooo good. My top favorite is the salted caramel, I go through a bottle a week!

I second every single one she listed and in that order (except I haven't tried the blueberry).

I also like the brown sugar cinnamon and butter toffee. I also LOVE the chocolate salted caramel and chocolate truffle. But none of them are as awesome as the salted caramel in my opinion. That one is just amazing!

I'm curious...I can get most of these via Amazon ca for $30/bottle. What do you pay - I'm assuming most of you commenting on these are American?

OMG, that is insane! Does it cost that much to ship from the states to you? Id send you for cheaper, ha! The price is 3.99 per bottle at tjmax/burlington/etc around me. Online I buy 6 pack from amazon for 31 bucks so a little over 5. They had a black friday sale and I stocked up on 60 of them for 3 bucks each. :D

OMG! What a racket! Now I'm depressed :(

@PAPYRUS3 It looks like you can get them from their website in Canada for about $9 a bottle which is still expensive considering what they are here, but better than $30 a bottle. But I have no idea what they're charging for shipping to Canada.

https://www.skinnymixes.ca/

zckzc4q9do4n.png
    ^These look really yummy too....any reviews out there for these??

For the skinny syrops.... Check Winners, Marshalls, Homesense. In GTA any time I can find them at $4.99 regular price there and loads of flavours.

Thanks...I'll be going there sometime this week for sure:)

I second checking Marshall's, TJ Maxx or Ross's. I found a Skinny Strawberry Watermelon Syrup last summer for only $4. It was great on top of sno-cones.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple of the new things out this weekend.

First, the new and improved Butterfingers bar. Yeeeeeeeeah, there's something off about the peanut butter in that bar but can't put my finger on it. I'm going through the mini butterfingers they sell at Halloween and the new bar is sooooo not improved. I wish I didn't waste the calories on the whole bar but I'm a completeist...

Also, I broke open a box of the Fudged Covered Nutter Butter cookies. I actually didn't expect to like these because in some review (on here or maybe theimpulsivebuy) it was equated with the nutter butter cereal and I swear that cereal came close to giving me indigestion. But...OMG...since it's girl scout cookie season, they're like thicker tagalongs and soooooo good cold. I did NOT complete the box of Fudge Covered Nutter Butter cookies tho. :)

There are only 12 cookies in the whole package...probably a good thing. :)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    adgqvhatuwev.jpeg

RX Bar is launching a line of savory chickpea snack bars.

I would love to find these! Do you happen to know when?

Direct to consumer later this month, store shelves by May :)

is40igwdo3cn.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    Options
    adgqvhatuwev.jpeg

RX Bar is launching a line of savory chickpea snack bars.

I would love to find these! Do you happen to know when?

Direct to consumer later this month, store shelves by May :)

is40igwdo3cn.png

The buffalo and pizza look awesome! I like this idea, I don't think there are any savoury chick pea bars, should be interesting! I also want to try.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    v4vm8otz3f8c.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    Options
    i7wl6xov52e7.jpg
    ytimn3fwdhiq.jpg
    4dkl7fns2bqi.jpg
    I tried the chocolate PB last night and WOW these were awesome!!! I wasn't expecting them to be as good. I tried Trader Jo bamba peanut butter puffs and wasn't crazy about them. Those had too much of a corn taste.

These were awesome! They had such a light and airy crunch with no corn taste at all. I thought the chocolate would be just a dusting, but it was a lot thicker. It was very sticky and almost "gooey" coating. It was perfect coating because one of the things I disliked about the Trader jo puffs was how dry they were, and these were not at all. I am excited to try the other flavors and see how they compare.

I wonder how they would compare to the pop chips nutter puffs. I haven't had the chocolate ones of those, only the regular.

The honey peanut were soooo good! Loved the sweetness. I liked the regular peanut butter too but the sweet honey was better. I really like the sticky coating on these. Not dry like all the other puffs I’ve had. The best is the chocolate pb, then honey, then regular. awvye2uc4cmd.jpg
    1lkmpnglu2yr.jpg
    fv8avn4cekck.jpg
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I tried a couple of the new things out this weekend.

First, the new and improved Butterfingers bar. Yeeeeeeeeah, there's something off about the peanut butter in that bar but can't put my finger on it. I'm going through the mini butterfingers they sell at Halloween and the new bar is sooooo not improved. I wish I didn't waste the calories on the whole bar but I'm a completeist...

I absolutely agree about the butterfinger. Still good, but not half as good as it used to be.

Kind of like Kraft mac & cheese when they switched away from the "artificial" ingredients a few years back.

My "office buddy" told me about these protein bites: https://store.sirensnacks.com/

I got the brownie ones and the flavor was good but they were pretty dry. They would have been better as topping for ice cream, I think.

She says the cookie dough ones were good so I'll try a pack sometime and see if they're better.

~Lyssa
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I bought all of the Archer farms dairy free ice creams for a vegan ice cream party so I got to try them all. (The chocolate strawberry was the only one I kept for myself so I could take photos of the inside, haha) I was going to take photos of the insides at the party but felt weird, so decided not to.

WAY better than the ben and jerry's dairy free pints!! These were very creamy despite being made of almond milk.

I LOVED the strawberry fudge. It was awesome. The strawberry was a bit tart, yet sweet with a very natural strawberry flavor. The fudge was a perfect compliment and there was a perfect amount. I will definitely buy this one again.

None of my friends have had any of these, but everyone raved about the vanilla cake cooke dough and the caramel brownie. I wish I would have saved the strawberry fudge for them to try too because it was so good. (And the lowest calorie per pint)

The vanilla cake with chocolate icing was fantastic as well. Lots of chocolate swirls with huge chunks of cake in it. The base had a real "cake" flavor to it. There were a LOT of chocolate frosting swirls throughout. I only had a small scoop and I had at least 4 big chunks of cake/cookie dough.

The chocolate peanut butter truffle was good. It has nice little truffles throughout. A little boring though and not peanut buttery enough or chocolatey enough for my liking. It was more of a vanilla with chocolate and tiny tiny bit of peanut butter flavor.

The cashew caramel was delicious! I loved the swirls of caramel and there were a good number of cashews. It tasted like cashew milk ice cream, not almond, lol.

The caramel brownie was also one of my top favorites. I loved the chunks of brownie and swirls of caramel. It would of been even better with a chocolate base though, but the vanilla was still good.

Since target has them on sale $3 each I may have to go and stock up to have for myself now. I want a whole pint of the vanilla cake to myself :D

....Dare I ask how many calories are in a pint???
    v4vm8otz3f8c.jpeg

Cashew inside of cashew butter? Almonds inside of almond butter? It's like inception for nuts... I'm intrigued.

So I let my Slim Twins cookies & cream pint thaw for 30 minutes to hopefully not feel AS freezer burnt and that definitely helped. I like it, but it’s not better than Halo Top or Enlightened. It’s not as sweet and has a more artificial aftertaste in comparison. Definitely not getting Slim Twin again unless I see a really good sale for it.
    qxvezc7p7rbp.jpeg
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I got an email that The Cereal School will be back in stock on Wednesday:

tejqjmj4vlfb.jpg

They said they changed their formula, which may not be a good thing (I didn't get to try any the first time around), and for 12 bags it's $2.50/each. BUT, each bag is 100 calories with 16 g protein, so I may take one for the team and place an order. Did anyone try this product from before?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    r8u2bavcj5fm.jpeg
    agzzreuhyyl6.jpeg

These look pretty amazing...yet to try; I'm hoping they have that nice simple clean taste with good texture & a bit of moistness (not ridiculously decedent or sweet) like one birthday cake flavor

Got to try out some of these frozen yogurts during Summer from this thread...been overlooking freezer stuff to change things up a bit
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    0rk5nqfp5ra8.png
    alnkutp9b5d2.png

I'm liking this trend of being able to find shell-less pistachios @ various places
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I got an email that The Cereal School will be back in stock on Wednesday:

tejqjmj4vlfb.jpg

They said they changed their formula, which may not be a good thing (I didn't get to try any the first time around), and for 12 bags it's $2.50/each. BUT, each bag is 100 calories with 16 g protein, so I may take one for the team and place an order. Did anyone try this product from before?

I tried it before and it was nothing great. It just tasted like your average protein cereal. But maybe the new formula is better, let us know if you try it!

@hgycta I wish they were low in calories. :( 640-810 per pint, so harder to fit in your day.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Went to the vitamin shoppe for those Quest chile lime tortilla chips and got distracted by this! I love Icon Meals popcorn and all their new flavors, I just wish a bag of it wasn’t $10! Has anyone tried their Orange Creamsicle yet??
    589ce2bdl3fp.jpeg

Also, this popped up as a sponsored post on Instagram and I went to their website to see more about it. 170 calories for the hash brown, doesn’t seem terrible. They also look like they redesigned their entire website, it looks really nice! I don’t know why I don’t go to Einstein Bros Bagels more often, it’s such a cute place! The cookies & cream shmearful is really calling my name though, I remember trying the other flavors when they first released a while back and the shmearfuls were way more enjoyable than the Bantam Bagels in my opinion!
    2ifotxhtwm93.jpeg
    q9diwsj11oas.png

The Quest Lime chips are good! The cheese ones are my fav though, almost exactly like Doritos even with cheese fingers lol!

The price is still $10 they were released a year ago at 10 i cant belive people buy them at 10 i legit bought and returned them the same day soo good but not worth $10

$10 for one bag? Or a box? And I am not why you can't believe people still buy them as they have sold other chips at the same price for years.

$10 a bag! And its ridiculous priced I'm surpsied people would pay that much good but not worth $10 imo

I’m guilty of it, but to rationalize it during times I’m craving the popcorn I consider that a serving size is 1/4th of the bag, so $10 divided into four servings is $2.50, which I have spent on protein bars numerous times! Just makes it seem less expensive but either way it’s a nice alternative to all those bars :p I haven’t had any luck finding them cheaper anywhere though, I can’t ever find them on eBay, either! I always check!!!
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    The closest Whole Foods is an hour away from me so I hardly ever go, but I went today (only the second time I’ve been in my life) and checked the ice cream aisle (hoping for more of the Toffee Crunch Arctic Zero Light ice cream which I didn’t see). But I FINALLY found that Slim Twin!!! Has anyone here tried them yet??? They were $5.49 each so I didn’t go nuts, but I picked up the Vanilla and the Cookies & Cream flavor. I’ll be in the area again next week so if it’s amazing I’m hoping to try the others!
    qj7zrluoflbe.jpeg

Also noticed these bad boys! The one I picked up was over 700 calories per cup so I quickly walked away xD
    hliu7yae5n95.jpeg

I love the Cardamom and the Coffee flavors of Slim Twin the best. The lemon cookie is very good too. I’ve been very lucky finding them at Grocery Outlet for $2.50 a pint!

Go figure you recommend the three I didn’t buy haha, guess I’ll have to go back now! What is cardamom? Is that similar to chai? I personally can’t stand chai teas, but I’m a coffee addict... and the lemon halo top was the very first flavor I fell in love with so that’s always another appealing flavor to me! $2.50 is AWESOME I wish I could find that price!!!!

It’s hard to explain what the cardamom flavor tastes like. It’s really different from other flavors. I don’t think it’s anything like a chai or tea type of flavor. Slim Twin has a different texture, in my opinion, from the other brands that’s a nice change sometimes too.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    0rk5nqfp5ra8.png
    alnkutp9b5d2.png

I'm liking this trend of being able to find shell-less pistachios @ various places

Back before nuts triggered my IBS, I bought a bag of those. It was a bad idea. Turns out I had difficulty moderating them. They were sooooooo good. I see them every time I go to Wegmans and drool.

I'm also waiting for reviews of that Chocolate Donut flavor Quest bar and hoping. I'm not a fan of the overly sweet and it would greatly disappoint me if it ends up being a chocolate version of Birthday Cake flavor.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So today is Shrove Tuesday (aka Pancake Day) and I decided to be festive with those OREO pancakes at IHOP in spite of a full stack setting me back 1,090 calories xD
    Unfortunately, it’s not something I would recommend nor go out of my way for again. It tasted like their regular buttermilk pancakes (which aren’t that great, especially compared to Denny’s buttermilk pancakes) with a few OREO pieces baked in, maybe one or two Oreos crumbled on top, and very little icing.
    Maybe I just got a bad stack, so hopefully it was even less calories because it was definitely not worth the 1,090. But then again, a full stack is normally four pancakes and they gave me five, so there’s that....
    Give me five of any other flavor and all the pancakes would’ve been gone and I’d count it as a loss. But these? I left that fifth one on my plate. That’s how unimpressive they were :( these would’ve been so much better if they used a chocolate batter base rather than plain buttermilk!
    a7mg6aoqmnaa.jpeg