March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Oh and I'm an outlyer, I'm not that but a fan of body glide.

I'm also not a fan of Body Glide. I find it doesn't lube very well, is hard to use between my toes, and I sure don't like using it on certain areas and then putting the cap back on.

My preference for lube is Vaniply.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

I'm also not a fan of Body Glide. I find it doesn't lube very well, is hard to use between my toes, and I sure don't like using it on certain areas and then putting the cap back on.

for the toes and indiscreet places, i use a paper towel-no double usage

i slather myself in the rocket pure. not just my underthings would get vaseline stains :astonished:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Not heard of that, will have to check it out.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Question of the month...
    Things I love:
    • Nike rain/wind jacket, bought on sale but still expensive. Had it for years and have been able to rain proof it again so I think it will last forever.
    • TigerTail portable roller! Used it all the time when I was traveling so much and now use it home too
    • Lucy compression capris and shorts - best pockets ever! Unfortunately they were bought by Northface and they have not kept the styles.
    • Skora Running shoes - my absolute favorites but they haven't had stock for over a year now :(
    • Smartwool PhD Run Ultra Light cushion socks. Never had a blister and they have an awesome return policy
    • Smith Optics running sunglasses (on sale at REI). I wear them every run, they have never scratched and they fit me perfectly unlike Oakley or Nike that are way too big even in women's.
    • Hobbes' Kurgo handsfree leash (less than $20). Been using it pretty much on every run for the last 5 years. Pretty sure it will last another 5 or more.
    Things I don't love, maybe regret:
    Not much I can think of here.
    • All the running shoes I have purchased then discovered after a few runs they were not good for me and not able to return (most bought on sale/clearance but still)

Like others I tend to do my research (apparently not well enough on my shoes but I am always hopeful this 'one' will work for me!) and buy on sale. I also tend to keep the things I buy for a long time and get more than enough use out of them so that offsets the cost if they aren't on sale.

ETA - I have never used Body Glide so have no opinion. Never needed it, never had much if any chafing issues.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I don't think it's too widely known in the running crowd. They are one of the sponsors of a local trail race series and I know the RD uses and highly recommends it. He's a beast runner who has won the Arrowhead 135 five times.

I got small sample tube at the race, tried it, and loved it. When looking online to buy a bigger tube I found out it's a local company and I used to work with the two guys who invented the stuff and started the company! 30+ years ago I used to be a pharmacy technician and worked for the a hospital under the Mayo Clinic umbrella. These two guys were pharmacists and developed many topical products for the dermatology department and started this company as a result.

So is it available online?
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    hoshaugh73 wrote: »
    Gear I regret: 1. Years ago I spent $40 on knuckle lights, they were awful and the the lights shining in motion with my hands swinging gave me vertigo!

I love my knuckle lights! They are easy to turn on and off as needed. This is a great asset when running on the mean suburban streets. ;).

Plus, I can aim and shine them in the eyes of inattentive drivers acting like *kitten*holes to get their attention. You can’t do that with a head lamp (not easily anyway).

• 7lenny7
    Options

I don't think it's too widely known in the running crowd. They are one of the sponsors of a local trail race series and I know the RD uses and highly recommends it. He's a beast runner who has won the Arrowhead 135 five times.

I got small sample tube at the race, tried it, and loved it. When looking online to buy a bigger tube I found out it's a local company and I used to work with the two guys who invented the stuff and started the company! 30+ years ago I used to be a pharmacy technician and worked for the a hospital under the Mayo Clinic umbrella. These two guys were pharmacists and developed many topical products for the dermatology department and started this company as a result.

Sure, at the usual places... Ebay, Walmart and Amazon, among others. After this discussion I went to ebay and found two 13 oz jars for $20 shipped. They expired in January but I'm sure they'll be just fine for my purposes for years to come (and two jars will last years!). You can also find a 2.5 oz tube. I'll be putting what's left of my tube in my drop bag.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Sure, at the usual places... Ebay, Walmart and Amazon, among others. After this discussion I went to ebay and found two 13 oz jars for $20 shipped. They expired in January but I'm sure they'll be just fine for my purposes for years to come (and two jars will last years!). You can also find a 2.5 oz tube. I'll be putting what's left of my tube in my drop bag.

Cool will try to remember to search for it. Body Glide was the best I found locally and compared to nipple chaffing... well happy to use most things. :smiley: But if there is better, I am up to try it.
  • hoshaugh73
    hoshaugh73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Gear I regret: 1. Years ago I spent $40 on knuckle lights, they were awful and the the lights shining in motion with my hands swinging gave me vertigo!

I love my knuckle lights! They are easy to turn on and off as needed. This is a great asset when running on the mean suburban streets. ;).

Plus, I can aim and shine them in the eyes of inattentive drivers acting like *kitten*holes to get their attention. You can’t do that with a head lamp (not easily anyway).

@amymoreorless Dang, I didn't even know they still sold knuckle lights... I think I got mine back in 2012!? :smile:

@Avidkeo Awesome mixer! I want one too, but my kitchen is just too small to store anything but the basics.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

@amymoreorless Dang, I didn't even know they still sold knuckle lights... I think I got mine back in 2012!? :smile:

@Avidkeo Awesome mixer! I want one too, but my kitchen is just too small to store anything but the basics.

@hoshaugh73 oh thats frustrating. I am very grateful to have a good sized kitchen
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    Cool will try to remember to search for it. Body Glide was the best I found locally and compared to nipple chaffing... well happy to use most things. :smiley: But if there is better, I am up to try it.

I've never used it to prevent nipple chafing. For that I just use little bandaids like this

51ooCGLzoAL.SX332_SY500_CR,0,0,332,500_PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_SX332_SY500_CR,0,0,332,500_SH20_.jpg