New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    Is there more information on the N!cks ice cream? I've tried googling it, but no luck! Ice cream and protein are so my favorites :)

https://instagram.com/nicks.se?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=177vmpuo6rduv

They’re Swedish but expanding to the US this spring (west coast to start)
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    Is there more information on the N!cks ice cream? I've tried googling it, but no luck! Ice cream and protein are so my favorites :)

https://instagram.com/nicks.se?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=177vmpuo6rduv

They’re Swedish but expanding to the US this spring (west coast to start)

Thank you!!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    LMAO..."Unicorn flavor"...
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    These are really delicious. Super crunchy, great flavor and texture.

Am i reading this right...20 calories for 3 mushrooms?
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member

So far I found Giffords (not a new brand but haven't ever tried) & Steve's (I've read this brand can be hit or miss).

I've tried some of the Steve's brand and agree that it's hit or miss. I wasn't a fan of their non-dairy ice creams, which were a bit overbearing with the coconut flavor - though that could work with some of the new non-dairy flavors they came out with. Their regular ice creams have a dense, premium quality texture like Haagen-Dazs, which is nice. In terms of flavor, I liked their Sicilian chocolate cannoli - unique flavor which was sort of reminiscent of chocolate cannoli. Their cold brew cinnamon coffee was also decent, though I still prefer Haagen-Dazs for coffee ice cream. I didn't like their Southern banana pudding flavor or the Brooklyn blackout cake (tasted a bit bland and a bit off at the same time).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

So far I found Giffords (not a new brand but haven't ever tried) & Steve's (I've read this brand can be hit or miss).

I've tried some of the Steve's brand and agree that it's hit or miss. I wasn't a fan of their non-dairy ice creams, which were a bit overbearing with the coconut flavor - though that could work with some of the new non-dairy flavors they came out with. Their regular ice creams have a dense, premium quality texture like Haagen-Dazs, which is nice. In terms of flavor, I liked their Sicilian chocolate cannoli - unique flavor which was sort of reminiscent of chocolate cannoli. Their cold brew cinnamon coffee was also decent, though I still prefer Haagen-Dazs for coffee ice cream. I didn't like their Southern banana pudding flavor or the Brooklyn blackout cake (tasted a bit bland and a bit off at the same time).

They had a few flavors, but none that screamed buy me now. I might eventually try their Banana Pudding ice cream.

I'm still hoping to find this ice cream eventually

shopify-nutterfluffer_grande.jpg?v=1551383216
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member

They had a few flavors, but none that screamed buy me now. I might eventually try their Banana Pudding ice cream.

I'm still hoping to find this ice cream eventually

shopify-nutterfluffer_grande.jpg?v=1551383216

I saw that flavor at a Harris Teeter earlier this week! I was on lunch break from work though and couldn't get it. It looks amazing though.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »

Am i reading this right...20 calories for 3 mushrooms?

The whole bag is 160 calories. They are very crispy and unique. I picked up a mixed pack with one bag each of 3 different flavors (spicy, original, and wasabi). I’ve only tried the spicy so far. The level of spice was very nice, not too overwhelming.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »

What do they taste like? I am not a fan of mushrooms but mostly because they taste like nothing to me lol. Curious if these would be that way but in a good way as they are supposed to be chips. Lol if that makes sense.

I love cooked mushrooms (not a fan of raw ones) and found these to have a very nice mushroom flavor, that was well balanced with the spiciness. I eat crimini and portobello mushrooms usually, and they have more flavor to me than the white button type mushrooms. They definitely aren’t chip-like to me, more like super crunchy mushrooms, which I thought was pretty unique.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just tried Enlightened's new White Chocolate Raspberry flavor. It's ok. I like the swirls of raspberry jam inside (it's not as sickeningly sweet as the strawberry was in the Strawberry Cheesecake), and I liked the crunch from the chocolate flakes. Maybe it was the actual white chocolate ice cream part that was a little off. It's not bad, but something about it is a little odd. I don't regret it but probably won't seek it out again.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited March 2019
    Went to Weis today & picked up some Chilly Cow since they're discontinuing it for around $2.64. Also picked up Enlightened Red Velvet bars around the same price & one more Halo Top Caramel Macchiato.

It will be interesting to see which brands they get in.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Chilly Cow is my favorite protein ice cream!!!!!! ;-;
    Gunna have to go to ALL the stores tomorrow and get them before they're gone!!! :(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Free premier protein drink sample hurry! https://www.premierprotein.com/flavor-form/ba3hl6o98vw9.png
    Might have to sign up for their emails at the bottom in order to make sure it comes. We can just unsubscribe after we get our samples :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Free premier protein drink sample hurry! https://www.premierprotein.com/flavor-form/ba3hl6o98vw9.png
    Might have to sign up for their emails at the bottom in order to make sure it comes. We can just unsubscribe after we get our samples :)

Thank you!!! I just requested a sample of their cookies & cream flavor :) I've tried the regular chocolate from BJ's, but I'm excited to try something new!

Also, has anyone here tired buttermilk pie before??? I LOVE pancakes, and I just found out Cracker Barrel has this as a seasonal item (apparently it's more popular in the south)! Does it actually taste like buttermilk pancakes, or is it something else entirely? Someone please enlighten me haha
    jy4o6xezt6e5.png
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Trader Joe's Chipotle Vegetable Quesadillas - tasty by my taste buds.

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/chipotle-vegetable-quesadillas
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    hgycta wrote: »

Thank you!!! I just requested a sample of their cookies & cream flavor :) I've tried the regular chocolate from BJ's, but I'm excited to try something new!

Also, has anyone here tired buttermilk pie before??? I LOVE pancakes, and I just found out Cracker Barrel has this as a seasonal item (apparently it's more popular in the south)! Does it actually taste like buttermilk pancakes, or is it something else entirely? Someone please enlighten me haha
    jy4o6xezt6e5.png

Buttermilk pie is just a custard pie. It is not as sweet nor as fatty as a regular custard pie. Sometimes it is flavored with cinnamon.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,393 Member
    I tried Trader Joe’s seaweed snack and threw it out after the first bite. But Lidl has some Korean BBQ seaweed snack, low cal and dirt cheap, so I had a reluctant wth moment and bought a pack. Surprise! It’s good!!!! Spicy hot, sweet and salty, and the whole package is 60 calories. I’m pretty satiated at half, though. Hope the other half stays as crispy!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    ..... It's good that there aren't any Krispy Kremes near me.
    Or I'd be in big trouble.
    vga1i6asohqc.png

OMG *drools*... I wish I had a krispy kreme near me! I've heard there is nothing like a freshly baked one. I've only ever had the packaged ones.

Also tomorrow is free pancake day at IHOP just in case anyone is planning to go to eat or would want to take someone. :smile:
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member

They wouldnt let me try them they said I was not on their orginal email list