Options

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

HTF did you slip a disk?

Because I was being a complete moron going for a max-1 rep dead lift and tried to hold a slipping bar. Again, completely my fault.

Ouch! Hope you heal quickly, sir!

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Bumppppp.
    Where are my volumetric peeps?
    I rely on this thread for inspiration.

I’m still on an ‘experiments with gelatin’ kick- working on perfecting my monksweet/stevia sweetened marshmallows - aka ‘collagen bites.’

Also digging the filling from ‘Raver’s ‘WZ cake’ as a protein pudding whip thing.
    Whipped cottage cheese (sweetener of choice, flavors) plus gelatin, whipped to insane billow-y mousse texture, then chilled & topped with cacao nibs Or coconut shreds or.....
    Protein-volume-extravaganza!!

Cmmon ya’ll- whatchu filling your bellies with?
    Help me prevent ‘couch spread’ until I’m cleared for activity again!

I am currently layed out with a slipped disk. Sucks big time. Had to cancel my vacation because of this BS.

HTF did you slip a disk?

Because I was being a complete moron going for a max-1 rep dead lift and tried to hold a slipping bar. Again, completely my fault.

I am SO SORRY and I so get it. Despite the fact that our overzealous fitness behavior might have ‘caused’ injury (in my case, a year+ of 100-150 mile weeks) it stil sucks SO HARD.
    Blame/fault is pretty useless once the damage is done. It doesn’t speed healing to feel even crazier about a crap situation. But again- I get it on EVERY level and I’m really, really sorry to hear it.
    Heal and come back to us stronger!
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    geiznekcm wrote: »
    Good day, All!! I pray you All are fantastic.
    Can you All offer me some perspective on my way of eating....?
    ****Before I begin another long inquiry, I need to emphasize that this will be a lengthy post -- please pardon my lack of concision. And know that I do not intend to nag nor overwhelm -- Ever!! Moreover, I appreciate any genuine, sincere responses. Thank you.****
    I am hesitant to even type all of this, because I don't intend to seem anal, or inferior about things. In addition, I realize how much the following "full day of eating" is in volume --- realistically, it is an outrageous amount of food! That is one reason why I am wary about exceeding my body's caloric needs (basal, minimal activity. Goal is fat loss, or weight maintenance). Despite consuming an abundance of lower-calorie foods, all the calories add up ---- especially in these portions.
    Anyway, here is my outrageous amount of food for today:
    • 1 cup of liquid egg whites
    • 1 scoop of Vital Proteins beef gelatin
    • 6 ounces of blueberries (entire container..)
    • 10 cups cubed watermelon (yes, 9+1 whole cups..)
    • 1 large honeycrisp apple
    • grapes (I-don't-know-how-many amount. That's how many.)

Again, please forgive me for not being brief, and for pestering y'All with such a goofy concern. I admit I am embarrassed --- about absolutely every thing to do with my inquiry.

Thank you, again. God bless this community.

I have incredible respect for you if you've reached the end of this in one go.

Not clear what the exact question is.
    Are you looking to determine if this is ‘normal’?
    There’s no such thing.
    Many of us consume volumes of fresh foods.
    Are you meeting your goals?
    Are you getting adequate nutrients, on the whole, macro and micro?
    Do you have enough energy to feel the way you want to feel and do the stuff you want to do?

I go thru big fruit phases occasionally. More veggies these days. I crave colorful crunchy stuff and feel like my energy is more stable with less fruit, but that’s just me...

If you are looking for perspective in relative terms, my day (minimal activity, rehabbing an injury, my goal is healing tissue, food enjoyment, weight/health maintenance, and eating for brain health..)
    -MCT oil and collagen in coffee
    -1c egg whites whipped into keto meringue cookies (I’ll eat these thru the day)
    -4T paleo gelatin, made into monk fruit marshmallows (same)
    -aquafaba cacao nibs whip

To come:
    Huge veggie dinner (soup, plus LOTS if roasted and fresh veg as toppings)
    Pulled chicken
    Sprinkle of nuts
    Some avocado

Maybe an apple (one the size of my head.) Likely eaten in bed. With my dog.
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Good day, All!! I pray you All are fantastic.
    Can you All offer me some perspective on my way of eating....?
    ****Before I begin another long inquiry, I need to emphasize that this will be a lengthy post -- please pardon my lack of concision. And know that I do not intend to nag nor overwhelm -- Ever!! Moreover, I appreciate any genuine, sincere responses. Thank you.****
    I am hesitant to even type all of this, because I don't intend to seem anal, or inferior about things. In addition, I realize how much the following "full day of eating" is in volume --- realistically, it is an outrageous amount of food! That is one reason why I am wary about exceeding my body's caloric needs (basal, minimal activity. Goal is fat loss, or weight maintenance). Despite consuming an abundance of lower-calorie foods, all the calories add up ---- especially in these portions.
    Anyway, here is my outrageous amount of food for today:
    • 1 cup of liquid egg whites
    • 1 scoop of Vital Proteins beef gelatin
    • 6 ounces of blueberries (entire container..)
    • 10 cups cubed watermelon (yes, 9+1 whole cups..)
    • 1 large honeycrisp apple
    • grapes (I-don't-know-how-many amount. That's how many.)

Again, please forgive me for not being brief, and for pestering y'All with such a goofy concern. I admit I am embarrassed --- about absolutely every thing to do with my inquiry.

Thank you, again. God bless this community.

I have incredible respect for you if you've reached the end of this in one go.

Not clear what the exact question is.
    Are you looking to determine if this is ‘normal’?
    There’s no such thing.
    Many of us consume volumes of fresh foods.
    Are you meeting your goals?
    Are you getting adequate nutrients, on the whole, macro and micro?
    Do you have enough energy to feel the way you want to feel and do the stuff you want to do?

I go thru big fruit phases occasionally. More veggies these days. I crave colorful crunchy stuff and feel like my energy is more stable with less fruit, but that’s just me...

If you are looking for perspective in relative terms, my day (minimal activity, rehabbing an injury, my goal is healing tissue, food enjoyment, weight/health maintenance, and eating for brain health..)
    -MCT oil and collagen in coffee
    -1c egg whites whipped into keto meringue cookies (I’ll eat these thru the day)
    -4T paleo gelatin, made into monk fruit marshmallows (same)
    -aquafaba cacao nibs whip

To come:
    Huge veggie dinner (soup, plus LOTS if roasted and fresh veg as toppings)
    Pulled chicken
    Sprinkle of nuts
    Some avocado

Maybe an apple (one the size of my head.) Likely eaten in bed. With my dog.

Firstly, thank you for responding, and for withholding judgment. I realize, especially after rereading my most recent post, how incoherent my language is. I think I might not be sure what I am trying to ask -- I'm just worried. Again, I sincerely apologize for not being more helpful so I can be helped. Thank you for reaching back, despite my shortcomings. (:
    Secondly, if there is even a way to linguistically express my concerns, I think I would say that I am fretting that I am overeating "healthy" (meaning whole, unprocessed foods). Even unprocessed foods in excess lead to just that -- excess. Excess food, excess calories, and consequential fat gain.
    I fret that I emphasize the "volume" in "volume eating": for example, my typical salad (which I have almost every day) doesn't even fit into the largest mixing bowl in my cupboards. The base is roughly twenty cups (yes, I know, I am a cattle) of salad greens (lettuce, spinach),
    PLUS several cups of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower --- usually about two bags of those "Steam ready" packs...),
    PLUS a protein (egg whites, a can of tuna, or some other vegetable.)
    Then, on top of ALL of that, I'll have multiple servings of fruits throughout the day.
    I don't want to put my body into some kind of shocked state. Surely, all the calories from servings and servings of low calorie foods can sabotage my goals of fat loss.
    I feel glutinous just typing it all out.
    Again, I am so sorry to burden you not only with my long list of foods, but my personal woes.

Moreover,
    I am so sorry you are currently coping with an injury. I admire your positive outlook and your commitment to your wellbeing overall, and not just fixating on your "fitness". You seem to have grip on what a sustainable, enjoyable way of living looks like. (: I pray for your healing, and your endurance.

Thank you xx
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Bumppppp.
    Where are my volumetric peeps?
    I rely on this thread for inspiration.

I’m still on an ‘experiments with gelatin’ kick- working on perfecting my monksweet/stevia sweetened marshmallows - aka ‘collagen bites.’

Also digging the filling from ‘Raver’s ‘WZ cake’ as a protein pudding whip thing.
    Whipped cottage cheese (sweetener of choice, flavors) plus gelatin, whipped to insane billow-y mousse texture, then chilled & topped with cacao nibs Or coconut shreds or.....
    Protein-volume-extravaganza!!

Cmmon ya’ll- whatchu filling your bellies with?
    Help me prevent ‘couch spread’ until I’m cleared for activity again!

I am currently layed out with a slipped disk. Sucks big time. Had to cancel my vacation because of this BS.

HTF did you slip a disk?

Get well soon Godfather.... on a side note... strawberries are finally in season here in Florida! $1.99 US a lb right now!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    cme2tgmgnjti.jpeg
    My fellow fluffers. Quest cold brew with Walden’s syrup is pure, fluffin bliss!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    xcyfggj3k9ak.jpeg
    First fluff of the year with a wee side of Jameson.

You are speaking my language with these!
    nowine4me wrote: »
    cme2tgmgnjti.jpeg
    My fellow fluffers. Quest cold brew with Walden’s syrup is pure, fluffin bliss!

Did you use cold brew coffee as the liquid?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Unsweet vanilla almond milk, a dash of vanilla and some Kalhuah (sp?) over top.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My favorite lately has been pumpkin pie pudding.

I mix whole box of sugar free jello (I like butterscotch, cheesecake, pistachio, or white chocolate) with 2c water, add cinnamon + tons of truvia/stevia, add 1c pumpkin and mix until creamy. It is like having a whole pumpkin pie or pumpkin cheesecake to yourself. (without the crust) And <200 calories per 3 cup bowl. The texture is like a thick pudding/soft serve ice cream.

I have 3 bowls every night lately so 9 cups of goodness, LOL.

Hmmmmm might have to try this for sure. Do you know if this will refrigerate well or did you not have a chance to find out? :)

Yes, it does! I eat it right away or make it in the morning and have at night. Gets even thicker when you keep it in the fridge for awhile! :smile: Sometimes I add even more water to thin it out then.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I mix whole box of sugar free jello (I like butterscotch, cheesecake, pistachio, or white chocolate) with 2c water, add cinnamon + tons of truvia/stevia, add 1c pumpkin and mix until creamy. It is like having a whole pumpkin pie or pumpkin cheesecake to yourself. (without the crust) And <200 calories per 3 cup bowl. The texture is like a thick pudding/soft serve ice cream.

Totally going to try this! I always have the white chocolate sugar free pudding on hand because it's awesome mixed with greek yogurt and stevia.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • geiznekcm
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hmmmmm might have to try this for sure. Do you know if this will refrigerate well or did you not have a chance to find out? :)

Yes, it does! I eat it right away or make it in the morning and have at night. Gets even thicker when you keep it in the fridge for awhile! :smile: Sometimes I add even more water to thin it out then.

Thank you so much for sharing this.
    I just tried this a few minutes ago (but allow me to preface my experiment with admitting that I am an absolute goofball. But you made this concoction seem simple enough for even the most incredible culinary goof to be incapable of messing it up. Apparently, I am an out-of-this-world type of goof):
    I used 2 cups of tap water, one packet of sugar-free cheesecake Jell-O, TONS of cinnamon and stevia, and one cup of organic pumpkin puree. I used an electric hand mixer on low speed to blend it all together. However, it didn't gel nor thicken. It turned out very liquidy.
    I am so sorry to pester you with my silly questions and mistakes. If you don't mind me asking, can you think of any reason why or how I made this "flop"? What was the consistency of your creation? What did you use to blend the ingredients? Did you blend at a certain speed?
    I am still curious about the effect of the refrigeration process, so I stored my liquid in a container. I will report any findings tomorrow. Again, thank you so much. I don't mean to bother!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    Options

I just tried this a few minutes ago (but allow me to preface my experiment with admitting that I am an absolute goofball. But you made this concoction seem simple enough for even the most incredible culinary goof to be incapable of messing it up. Apparently, I am an out-of-this-world type of goof):
    I used 2 cups of tap water, one packet of sugar-free cheesecake Jell-O, TONS of cinnamon and stevia, and one cup of organic pumpkin puree. I used an electric hand mixer on low speed to blend it all together. However, it didn't gel nor thicken. It turned out very liquidy.
    I am so sorry to pester you with my silly questions and mistakes. If you don't mind me asking, can you think of any reason why or how I made this "flop"? What was the consistency of your creation? What did you use to blend the ingredients? Did you blend at a certain speed?
    I am still curious about the effect of the refrigeration process, so I stored my liquid in a container. I will report any findings tomorrow. Again, thank you so much. I don't mean to bother!!

Aw, no bother! I am more bummed it didn't turn out.

I don't like mine super thick, it if gets too thick I add more water because I like it as a yogurt/runny soft serve/applesauce texture. If you are wanting a more thick texture, I would add xanthum gum before whipping. I used to do that and it gets thick like a thicker pudding texture. It also depends on the thickness of your canned pumpkin. I have cans sometimes that are really thick and others that are more watery depending on the brand. I don't like using organic pumpkin puree because it is more watery and chunky vs libbys/wegmans/walmart brand which is a lot thicker.

For mine, I just whip the water with the mix with a hand whisk. Then stir in cinnamon, 2tbsp truvia (I like it sweet), 1c pumpkin, and then mix again with a spoon.

Here is a photo, I just made my first bowl now.

Doesn't look pretty, but sure tastes good, lol.

v0h2bwjjpmsd.jpg
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Totally going to try this! I always have the white chocolate sugar free pudding on hand because it's awesome mixed with greek yogurt and stevia.
    Thanks for sharing!

My friend makes it all the time with greek yogurt because she likes it really thick!

• geiznekcm
    edited March 2019
    Options

Aw, no bother! I am more bummed it didn't turn out.

I don't like mine super thick, it if gets too thick I add more water because I like it as a yogurt/runny soft serve/applesauce texture. If you are wanting a more thick texture, I would add xanthum gum before whipping. I used to do that and it gets thick like a thicker pudding texture. It also depends on the thickness of your canned pumpkin. I have cans sometimes that are really thick and others that are more watery depending on the brand. I don't like using organic pumpkin puree because it is more watery and chunky vs libbys/wegmans/walmart brand which is a lot thicker.

For mine, I just whip the water with the mix with a hand whisk. Then stir in cinnamon, 2tbsp truvia (I like it sweet), 1c pumpkin, and then mix again with a spoon.

Here is a photo, I just made my first bowl now.

Doesn't look pretty, but sure tastes good, lol.

v0h2bwjjpmsd.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

My friend makes it all the time with greek yogurt because she likes it really thick!

thank you for being so patient, so kind in your response. I will still let you know what a night spent in the refrigerator does (or does not) do to the experiment (just for kicks!!). Please continue to share your creations, and as much of your personal journey as you feel impressed to share. I really enjoy this community, and I draw a lot from your experiences!!
    Have a peaceful day, afternoon, and eve (:
    Keep in touch, please!!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

Curious about how you use the sugar-free pudding mixes with Greek yogurt... what is your recipe/method?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I never eat less than 450-454g of Greek yogurt..so my amounts may need to be scaled down. But I do 450-454g (depending on brand) of plain Greek yogurt, 10g of Jello sugar free instant white chocolate pudding mix, and 5g of stevia. I've tried a few other flavors and they're ok, but the white chocolate is awesome and reminds me of frosting.
    Occasionally I'll add a few extra grams of the pudding mix..it's gets pretty thick.
  • psychod787
    Options
    With strawberries being soo cheap here I have been eating them like crazy. Last night I had 600grams with 8 oz fat free yogurt with 10 grams dark cocoa powder. Added some homemade liquid splenda, dash of salt for some counter balance. Bam! Strawberries and chocolate dipping. About 320 cals!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    Options
    With strawberries being soo cheap here I have been eating them like crazy. Last night I had 600grams with 8 oz fat free yogurt with 10 grams dark cocoa powder. Added some homemade liquid splenda, dash of salt for some counter balance. Bam! Strawberries and chocolate dipping. About 320 cals!
    I eat soooo many strawberries! That sounds delicious. My favorite is to make a wrap with 10 inch tumaros sourdough or pumpernickel (80 cal), slices strawberries, 3teas truvia, 4 tbsp pb2 chocolate with 3 tbsp water made into a sauce. Drizzle on top and wrap up. HUGE and delicious wrap for <300. Pumpernickel sounds weird but it doesn’t have a strong taste.

j33daf47jwjr.jpeg
    8kjhqq3rrknq.jpeg
    Before I wrap it up. I use tin foil to keep it together and then just roll it down as I eat.
  • psychod787
    Options
    I eat soooo many strawberries! That sounds delicious. My favorite is to make a wrap with 10 inch tumaros sourdough or pumpernickel (80 cal), slices strawberries, 3teas truvia, 4 tbsp pb2 chocolate with 3 tbsp water made into a sauce. Drizzle on top and wrap up. HUGE and delicious wrap for <300. Pumpernickel sounds weird but it doesn’t have a strong taste.

j33daf47jwjr.jpeg
    8kjhqq3rrknq.jpeg
    Before I wrap it up. I use tin foil to keep it together and then just roll it down as I eat.

Looks awesome! I have never seen sour dough wraps here in Florida.