WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    I had the interview and I think it went well, it was long, an hour and 20 minutes but it was more conversation than questions and answers. She asked for my references and said she wanted to contact them today. She has 2 more interviews and she will let me know. The next step will be meeting the owners and office manager to ensure a personality fit.

For those of you in the know, should I send a thank you email today or wait until tomorrow morning?

Tracey

I would do it now , good luck 🍀👍🏽!!!!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Allie ... it really does sound like you need a new job! Hoping you find something soon!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I love your dress and you look stunning. So happy for you. Thinking about you and the interview. It is a good experienced for you no matter the result.
    My eye is all blurry from so w meds I put in it so dan’t see enough to respond.’
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.41min, 12.3amph, 132mhr, 1.5mi= 89c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 15min, 117ahr, 125mhr, 890steps, 56floors, lvl6= 122c
    Other- 16.37min, legs to knee and straight out, 5sts of 10ea, in btwn 10ea squats and single leg arm cross, 134mhr, 112ahr= 121c
    Floor exer- 2.58min, 2sts of 20ea, 2 diff exer, 95mhr= 17c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.08min, 139mhr, 17.3amph, 1.4mi= 65c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.05min, 13amph, 152mhr,3mi= 166c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.51min, 9.33min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 74c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 152mhr, 9.38min mi, .4mi= 65c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 1some wind, 8.16min, 8.6amph, 161mhr, 2.6mi= 204c

total cal 924
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,139 Member
    Options
    <3<3Katla thanks! Things have been a bit hectic lately. We will be heading back to Minnesota next week for my son’s 40th birthday party. Hopefully we will miss the flooding in Nebraska and Iowa. We may take a different route if necessary. Glad you are still riding horse!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Kim, you don’t have to live in the same house to join Costco together. You need to be part of the same household as far as Costco matters go. Did you know that you don’t have to be a Costco member to use the pharmacy? Fact. Tell them at the door that you’re going to the pharmacy.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Tracy, the dress is stunning! I think you did just fine with the thank you doing double duty with the updated contact info for the reference. The fact that the interview lasted for over an hour is, I think, a good thing. Clearly the interviewer was interested in what you had to say. And I have to add, just because you were "just chatting" as opposed to answering questions, you would be amazed at how many questions can be answered just by chatting!
    Michele, love the baby shower favors! Also really liked your gnome, very cute!
    Allie, hmmmm, lots of drama at your work, that sucks. Somebody out there is looking for the exact qualities that you have to offer as an employer and you will both be happier when that happens!
    Sharon, congrats on almost onederland!
    Machka, that back to work gal really needs to give her head a shake, or maybe you'd like to shake it for her? Might relieve a LOT of stress!! lol I get that they want to get him off of benefits and working again, but this seizure thing just puts a whole new wrinkle into the mix! I think I'd be asking to speak to a manager or supervisor, this gal clearly does not get it.
    Hubby and I are going to Home Depot tomorrow to get some landscape ties and dirt and stuff and I'm going to start playing in the yard. The weather today was gorgeous and it's supposed to stay like that all week, so I will have a few days to get in some "dirt therapy"! Really looking forward to it!
    Hope everyone has a great day/evening/night!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    7y6f3dodhudo.jpeg
    pip I just want to cuddle up with your dogs. Happy 6.986301369863014th anniversary!

KJ sending good thoughts for successful surgery, swift and complete recovery and resolution to issues.
    Sharon "so close to onederland" Hooray!
    Machka "stopped breathing and turned blue" How terrifying! Thankful you were there. Trusting the Dr. will explain the facts to the BTW chickie in no uncertain terms. And if she still does not get it, give his recommendation and feedback to her supervisor.
    Lisa Kinetic tape minimizes surgery scars? Wish I'd known that long ago. Your hard work is really paying off with speedy recovery.
    Tracey "going in with confidence" Brava! "...wanted to contact (references) today" sounds like it worked!
    Katla sending good thoughts that April will ease DH's miseries and he'll feel well enough to RV.
    Janetr Oh those pictures of the flooding in Waterloo. Devastating! So glad your niece and her family were able to evacuate safely.
    Rori "Machka: Your DH and you remain in my prayers and meditations. I'm in awe of how you handle it ALL." Likewise dear Rori, you and your DH are in my daily prayers and meditations.
    Michele Brava on the email. Well done. LOL at the Diaper Duty Kit. :)
    JanetO in E. MO, hugs to your dad. It takes a long time to recover from pneumonia but better to take that time than to have a relapse.
    Allie good thing you've got that resume updated, easier to tailor it to the jobs you find. You've got this!
    Connie know you're thankful for the 3 good days in a row, one day at a time.
    Rebecca good luck on the house search.
    Evelyn love your "dirt therapy."

Ran the self cleaner in prep for new stove. Smoked up the house and woke Joe up. Fumes are giving him a headache, making it hard to breathe. Don't want to abort it as it needs to be done. Vent running, slider open, hope that will be enough. Otherwise he'll go out and sleep in the van.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 18/31, 60 g protein 17/31, rx/vits 17/31, meditate 11/31, knee exercises 11/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 13/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 11/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • Leighah169
    Leighah169 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Word for the day = Consistancy
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3 NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,743 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    thank you all for the vote of confidence.. Yesterday was so bad but I have to give props to our boss for keeping cool under such situations, he has an open door policy and he has been very good to all of us..He is in a sticky situation.. both Mary and I have been there for a good long time, this guy has a finance degree and knows how to get money from people, and thats what the Dr needs. but he also doesn't want to lose staff that keep the patients coming in, Mary is ready to walk and has been offered a job, I got a voicemail from family practice after putting in a resume.. so will need to call them back today.. I think it is part time but I can handle that..maybe benefits included.. If Dr Pandey lost both of us.. it will hurt the practice,but we need to do what we need to do.. I will not work under stressful situations.. and that is what is happening now.
    Maybe this guy will quit, and maybe he wont.I want to see the practice succeed for all our sake,but not to the point where we have a hostile work enviroment.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! Surgery went fine. I am always amazed at the whole, going under/waking up process! lol I arrived home about 12:30, not feeling tired at all (surgery was at 11:00). So I had some lunch and then organized the new storage in the living room for the daycare kids, unpacked and stored a few more things from my MIL's house. Cleaned out the fireplace (getting it ready to be turned into a children's book nook), vacuumed and then warmed up and ate some dinner. Finally sat down and watched my first movie of my time off! lol

I woke up this morning to find my husband taking the baseboards off the wall. I had them taped on, as they were a planned project for this vacation and I removed them a couple of weeks ago and just taped them on to keep the kids from picking at the drywall, paint, etc. HE told me he planned to paint them tonight or tomorrow, because he felt bad that I wasn't able to get anything done due to his mother's passing. I was torn in deciding to let him keep helping me, and having him put them back on because the littler kids WILL pick and eat the drywall and paint chips. He saw my indecision and put them back on. lol I told him we could do it Friday night and have the evenings over the weekend to get them painted, dried and reattached.

Tracey- Your dress is beautiful and you look fantastic in it! I think the thank you to your perspective employers is fine with the additional contact information provided. They will probably appreciate the fact that you included it; it shows your attention to detail.
    Michele- Yea! It is time to say goodbye to Newcomers. And they will be fine without you; don't give it another thought. You have to kind of look at things like this: "If I were to die tomorrow, the world would not stop. When it comes to the business of life, people do get replaced. Maybe not forgotten and maybe not replaced with some one better (just different)." It keeps me humble; realizing that my place and imprint in the world is only significant to a very few people.
    Heather- The photos of the kids and the whole family are fantastic! You look wonderful, and that little Bea! <3 Such a rosy cheeked little sweetie! So glad that you and DH are finding time for some one on one time with Max. Growing up can be so hard!
    Lisa- So happy to hear how everything is going at home/work for you! And that your recovery is coming along nicely! How wonderful that you have daffodils in your yard, already! So beautiful!

The flooding that I have seen in Nebraska, and other areas is just devastating! My throat tightens as I see/hear the first hand accounts of people who have lost everything. But at the same time, I am very thankful to live in a country that has many services available to aid/assist those families. I know, I know; those services aren't always great or timely/efficient; but it is something.

More of you I want to respond to, but running out of time! Sending love and hugs to all of you! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    megamom wrote: »
    hw9kchn85n8f.jpg Morning everyone. I started off this morning with a pound loss which is good, I really have been working out lately and eating good, finally got to take the dogs for a long walk by the river, which is down several feet thanks goodness. I had a ton of clothes packed up to resell since they don't fit anymore but now I am donating them to flood victims.

The floods are terrible around here, we have had entire towns in Iowa and Neb completely destroyed by the flooding. Holstein Iowa had every building flooded. I don't know it the town will survive, those small farming towns don't have much income. Farmers are also losing so many cattle and calves, with the flooding getting food and especially clean water to them is almost impossible. Just heard a news conference saying the flooding will resume again they think Friday when the snow melt from South Dakota hits the dams. So it isn't over yet. I just feel so sorry for everything. I sat with a patient and held his hand as the news showed his business completely under water, he lost everything and isn't insured.

Other news, everyone is doing great, love to hear about the biking, I can't wait to get on my bike, I have to start training for my ride. My NSV, my hairdresser told me she didn't think I needed to lose anymore weight and can't believe I want to lose another 28 pounds. She must she something I can't see, mentally I still see ole fat lady. But I am well above what the government says I should weigh and still am not out of the obese range by .6, so close to just being overweight. It's the small things.

My dog is all worn out from the walk and Xena, my cat, just loves to cuddle with him.

I afraid you are right. Flooding will be an issue through April. We lost most of our snow now. Fortunately it was in mid 30's to 40 during the day and then froze at night to slow the melt. Unfortunately that has meant icy sidewalks every morning until it warms up during the day. So far no falling for me. Coming Thursday this will change it will climb into 40's, then 50's Friday with a 60 possible on Saturday. Only shady and huge snow piles will be left. The ground under the snow is still frozen.

When this warm up happens more water is going to fill the already full water ways. We fortunately did not have any more rain or snow this week. This too will change this weekend with some rain. What is causing the flooding here are ice dams in the streams and river. I still have a chunk of solid ice at the bottom of our driveway.

Prayers for those who are going through these floods. Devastating!

:heart: Margaret