Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new to MyFitnessPal and all, but I’ve done the serial staring thing forever now. I’m only 20years old but I started trying to lose weight when I was just 15 years old. I started out at aged 15 at 5’5 145lbs and now I am 20 5’6 170lbs. I just recently lost 11.8 lbs and then gained it all back... I’m in desperate need for help keeping up with a workout routine! Feel free to friend me!!

Alyssa

Welcome! This is a wonderful place to be!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    slbbw wrote: »
    Greetings all. Just saw this post pop up in the recent chats and the name intrigued me. I will drop 20lbs and maintain for a year and then something will happen, either medical or stress and it comes back. However my youngest child was born 4 and a half years ago and I have gone between 160 and 180 maybe 3 times within that time frame. I am tired of the swings and ready to maintain a healthy weight for me for good. This group looks like just the place for this type of support. I am not to maintenance mode yet. I think I have 15-20lbs to go and I want to do it slowly and work on strength whilst losing the weight.

Susan

Welcome! Glad to have you!
  • arniedog74
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Lynn I have the pesticide sprays and am looking into other methods for bug repellent such as essential oils. My knitting group is all in East Canada or New England area and still have snow....... has yours melted?

Sara- I don't know if you know, or if they are same thing, but Scentsy sells oils for their Diffusers... just a thought..

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10547631
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    6577 steps

Shower and dishes then snuggle up with dog.

Wishing all a good night
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Abandoned and slbbw - Welcome to the group and what names would you like to be called?

Well, the scale was kinder to me than I deserved after the week of wanton debauchery at the eateries (and drinking holes) on Beale. LOL!
    It was totally worth it, and I do not begrudge a 1.5 pound gain. Now back at work and back to the straight and narrow.

Looking for a good hot breakfast ideas under 250 calories. I've been doing Better Oats 100 calorie Maple and Brown sugar (1.5 pks) or 100 cal instant butter grits. I'm about to get really burned out and am in the mood for something cheesy and warm... Anyone have a good recipe?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    suzu can you add fresh berries to your breakfast to give it a little 'newness'?

How about https://www.skinnytaste.com/meal-prep-breakfast-taco-scramble/ over 250 calories

https://www.skinnytaste.com/tomato-and-zucchini-frittata/ under 250

or
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/huevos-rancheros/ under 250
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Rain tomorrow so good day to walk today.

Suzu - I got the above recipes from one website, but there are a number of good ones out there.

Lurking at work, wave to all who follow.
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

All day travel again - really looking forward to my own bed and my own fitness equipment. I need to get some yoga and a massage in.

I ate something healthy at each meal and even though I took smaller portions of things, I still went over my goal multiple times. Ugh - goodness knows what the scale will show.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Sara - Thanks for that site! I don't think I've been on that one. The zucchini and tomato fritatta looks wonderful. Will let you know how it turns out. I think my morning problem is pure laziness. I'm really good at planning out my work meals (I always have low cal/ high nutrition frozen meals, 80 cal yogurt, apples, oranges, V8) stocked in the work pantry. When I get up it is just so easy to nuke a bowl of oats rather than cooking and I never really looked at breakfast type recipes. Looks like a nice change.

Birdie - I read the post about both sets of keys in the purse and had to laugh (and groan). Seems like days like that run in cycles when your brain is trying to track too many directions at once. Hope yesterday was better!

Gearing up for a wild work day. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day wherever you are!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lynn I have the pesticide sprays and am looking into other methods for bug repellent such as essential oils. My knitting group is all in East Canada or New England area and still have snow....... has yours melted?

Our snow is mostly gone. I use Off sparingly - hate all the warnings on the can. Found that essential oils work ok, have to apply often. I mix a number of them depending on what i have at the time and what internet says might work. Good luck with the bugs!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn I purchased two products online- amazon- from Murphy's a pump spray and a waxed based balm. One for work and home (in case I forget to apply before work). Like you I didnt like all the warnings. I grew up with Off as it was with Cutter the only game in town. I dont like the canned spray as I would probably spray my face, so I will give those away.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    7780 steps Tuesday
    7333 steps Wednesday
    I have a short term goal of 8k steps per day. Once I can reach & sustain that, then I will go for 10k per day. Have been trying to get back in habit of going to office gym after work and, at very least, walking on treadmill.

Sara - we use Off clip-ons. it clips on you, nothing touches your skin, nothing is sprayed on. the clip-on more or less circulates a repellent "shield" around you to keep bugs away. its not perfect but better than constantly drenching in DEET. we live in the woods with a pond and HEAVY biting insect populations. we have not found anything "natural" works worth a darn. I suppose in a city or someplace that was sprayed for mosquitoes, those might work but not out here. we prefer the clip-ons because nothing is applied to the skin. just clip it on your clothing and go! we keep a stack of them by each door for family and guests.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    we have so many new people popping in! Hi all! Welcome!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn, thank you for the clip on suggestion - I have yet to find them in the store. Have a feeling I will do another Amazon "adventure" in the future - how is your head/hair doing?
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Abandoned and slbbw - Welcome to the group and what names would you like to be called?

either Susan or BBW works for me.

I just finished an 8 week "fitness" challenge at my gym. Required going at least 3 days a week and there is prixze money for top 3 weight loss for women and men. It was the kick in the pants I needed, and I am hoping to place. I lost 22.8 lbs officially, a bit over 12% total body weight. Pretty sure at least one to two pounds was water weight as I am technically up a half pound this week. I am super proud of my progress, but I also know it was an aggressive weight loss pace and I need to slow down and work towards sustained long term loss and maintenance.

This week my goal is to eat my calories, including eating back exercise calories if possible. baby steps.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

Dashing by the Cabana Club~~

Tossing stuff onto favorite lounge chair for later.

Lana

246.0 today
    250.0 highest
    218.0 insanely lofty June 22nd goal
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

PS Tracey The dress is beautiful - you look great!!!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    0qgj6n264ofu.png

jqrd9u0bf181.png

suzu found your squirrel.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8740 total steps

first garland done with Easter eggs - will continue to make them as it looks good enough and is really colorful.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »

Well, the scale was kinder to me than I deserved after the week of wanton debauchery at the eateries (and drinking holes) on Beale. LOL!
    It was totally worth it, and I do not begrudge a 1.5 pound gain. Now back at work and back to the straight and narrow.

Looking for a good hot breakfast ideas under 250 calories. I've been doing Better Oats 100 calorie Maple and Brown sugar (1.5 pks) or 100 cal instant butter grits. I'm about to get really burned out and am in the mood for something cheesy and warm... Anyone have a good recipe?

Mine is very simple, I make one scrambled egg, cheese slice in a small whole wheat tortilla shell for 250. I have seen people do it with salsa on it and egg whites only to save some calories and cholesterol.