March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    3 miles this morning. Not sure if that's 27 or 29, or possibly something else entirely!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Congrats @ContraryMaryMary on your 10K PR! I too can't wait to see you run a 10K on fresh legs!

@PastorVincent well done on your 26 mi run!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Congrats @ContraryMaryMary on your 10K PR! I too can't wait to see you run a 10K on fresh legs!

Second!!!!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »

Second!!!!!

Third!!!
    Also, it only just sunk in that that mi means miles not minutes. D'oh! My brain has trouble getting round that kind of number...
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    @Elise4247 I used to run in Mizuno’s but they got too expensive. The soles wear out WAY too fast and the last time I tried to order shoes from their website I had a nightmare customer service experience. I tried to go back to New Balence but I think I kind-of hate their new Fresh Foam line... These were all road running shoes.

I bought a pair of $30 Saucony trail shoes at Academy a few months ago but they feel too wide. That’s what I wore today. They are now trashed. Sigh.... My feet are so persnickety!

@PastorVincent Thanks for the hydration bladder discount code! The ones I have been looking at are so expensive. I bought a $26 one on Amazon and used it today. The hydration thingy AND shoes are terrible now... 🙄

Yeah, I was shocked at how well price the Wunjo's were. My wife and I both use the X5 Ultra. I think @MobyCarp uses the X1 or something. I forget now.

For trail shoes, I like my Altra Lone Peak 3.5 but they are NOT cheap.

@PastorVincent Is there room in the side zipper pocket of your Wunjo for a smartphone? Mine measures 6.2" x 3.2" and need to make sure that will fit.

I just bought a hydration backpack from REI yesterday but that was $100. The Wunjo's cheaper - and they're having a Spring Sale for 25% off! If it fits my phone, I think it'll be great for hiking and longer runs. I just hope it's not uncomfortable around my chest.

For fit, I got a Kalenji pack for a great price at Decathlon that was designed for the female figure. The side pockets are probably too small for your phone, though. I highly recommend it, wear it for my long runs all the time.
    coash7zhbowa.jpg
    I don't have many pictures of me wearing it though... this hill was a lot worse than it looks. bdtkycz795ks.jpg
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 - love the cheeses (yes please!) and the trail by the lake is beautiful! Was that part of the trail race course?
    The course stays mostly in the forest, but right next to the lake for half of it, so you can see the water a good bit of the time. I would go to kid1's 300m start line to see her off (Daddy stays at the finish line), then I stay there because kid2's 600m race turns around at the same spot. While I was waiting, I would take pictures in the same spot each month, so I could have an idea of the conditions when comparing my results. Yesterday was beautiful!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq That's a very nice time and a great report.
    @PastorVincent Hope both you and Mrs. Pastorvincent are both OK.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Brilliant race, congratulations on the PR!

@ContraryMaryMary on your 10K PR too!

@PastorVincent glad nothing bad happened! I remember a fire starting in my room one night when I was a kid, scary stuff! Really made me a believer in smoke detectors.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Surprising really how much smoke came from it. The room was 3/4th full from ceiling to floor.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent yikes that's terrifying, sorry for the lack of sleep but SO glad you were not sleeping well!