Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • monaraehill2
    monaraehill2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So far, so good, on the April wagon train. Stayed in range of all my goals, this first week of the month, but alas, the weight is hanging on like there's no tomorrow! I suspect the same problem I had the last time, with MFP, will be soon to follow. Some people just cannot lose weight. I know that's not a popular stance, but it seems to be a reality with me. Metabolism of a snail, god help me. lol.
  • lacwest6605
    lacwest6605 Posts: 6,922 Member
    Options
    Laura in Los Angeles here.
    Hope everyone had a good day.
    Weighed in at TOPS last night. After attending TOPS meetings for a year I have lost 14 pounds. Over the next year I am setting my goal to lose at least 50 pounds. I have to get serious about this. My health is at stake. And I want to travel. I don’t want to be the biggest person on the plane.
    Enjoyed Janet and Heather’s pictures of family! And what a lovely view Machka has going to the grocery store!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Pppppppppppppppp
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :) Another wonderful line dance class this morning. We all had so much fun even with the extra difficult dance that I'm teaching. After class, Jake and I went to a bbq at the clubhouse in our neighborhood and I limited myself to chicken thighs with no sauce and a small serving of cole slaw. I am determined to get rid of those few extra pounds that have crept up on me.

:) When I walked the dogs this afternoon, I listened to a podcast that was all about seeking every opportunity to be active including doing squats each time you use the toilet and running to the mailbox and back even if it's only a short way. Every calorie counts.

<3 Barbie from drizzly NW WA where my plants are happy
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... beautiful photo of your grandson and his family!

Groceries ... I have a budget for groceries that includes food, eating out/take out, household products and things like vitamins (but not prescriptions). We often are over budget, especially when our son is home or my husband decides not to pack a lunch too many times in a month. I hate to waste food and have mentioned that I have a freezer of bits and pieces that can be used when cooking. I love to cook and try new recipes which means we sometimes have to throw out food (not every recipe is a success)... but unless it's completely unpalatable, I alone will eat it repeatedly until it's gone. I am fortunate in that I live in an area with multiple food outlets. Today I shopped at three stores and will go to two others over the weekend. I used to buy "cheap" food when money was tighter, but as I've gotten older, I only purchase quality products. And I know I am blessed to be able to do so.

Karen VA ... I mailed our taxes yesterday ... we don't qualify for electronic filing. A big check went to Uncle Sam. The new tax laws were not kind to us even with a dependent in college. I'm convinced there's a bullseye on our backs.

Beth
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Lovely photo, Janetr! <3:) What blessings we have!!!

Well done to those who are upping their exercise. I wish I had discovered how good it makes you feel years ago. I used to think people who ran around were nuts. :laugh: And you can eat more!

Both of us are having a sleepless night. I am now upstairs. I was thinking that DH was anxious about driving to the cricket for four days, but I have just realised it is because I am going away. :/ He has irritable bowel and can't sleep. I am always anxious and sleepless when I'm going away. :(
    We are both reading for a bit. Nice to know you are here. :)
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX whose vacuum cleaner arrived a few hours after I had ordered it!!!!! The modern world!!!!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your sweet comments on the picture of our grandson's family. Our daughter was telling us last night that towards the middle of May she gets to go spend two days on ship with her son. She will fly to where his ship will come into dock, then they take a two-day cruise. I've never heard of this program but she is super excited. She is a Navy veteran herself.

We have a grandson graduating college this year and a granddaughter graduating high school. Our grands range in age from 5 to 25, plus our 5 month old great-grandson. Yes, Heather, we are truly blessed <3

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.39min, 11amph, 129mhr, 1.58mi= 67c
    HELIX MACHINE- 10min, 135mhr, 59arpm,lvl1, 1.25mi= 69c
    ARM DIP/CHIN UP ASSIST MACHINE- 18.46min,10sts of 10ea w/55# assist, 10ea of squats in btwn each set, 132mhr= 126c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.14min, 129mhr, 17amph, 1.48mi= 52c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.12min, 12amph, 150mhr,3.04mi= 144c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.58min, 9.30min mi, 150mhr, .52mi= .69c
    jog wrk 2 sta, Windy! - 4.32min, 10.02min mi, 148mhr, .45mi= 65c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, 15MPH WINDS!!- - 22.37min, 6.9amph, 140mhr, 2.6mi= 214c

total cal 807
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,356 Member
    Options
    Katla – so glad to hear your yoga teacher was back

Helped Vince with the trains for tomorrow. I’ll go and stay at the show with him. Not that I know that much about trains, but at least someone will be there if he needs to go to the bathroom. I forgot that I will need to bring something with me to eat. They do have a snack bar, but I’m sure all they have is pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, that sort of junk. Vince also told me to bring something to do like a craft. The crafts that I’m working on now are quilting but I really don’t want that to touch the floor and a crochet blanket but I’m working on the edging and don’t want that to fall to the floor. So I’ll download some books and take my tablet. I’m charging it right now.

Beth – the new tax laws were not kind to us, either.

Kim – that was very wonderful of that guy. You sure can’t judge a book by its cover.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    count me as another that the new tax laws didn't help.....

Kim in N. California
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth ditto for me as well on the tax front :(:'(

Janetr your grands sound just wonderful. How exciting to have a future music educator in the family! What did your grandson play at his graduation recital? I can tell you after 30 years in the profession, it is a rewarding one, never a dull moment!!!

NYKAREN

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    April is apparently stress awareness month.

For me, I have found that strenuous exercise helps. When I could run, a fast (for me) run helped and now that I've got a rowing machine, it can help too. Climbing stairs at work in the middle of a stressful day helps a bit as well. I wish I could go for brisk walks at lunch, but I've been too busy for months now.

Getting things done and off my long, long list of things to do helps as well. I have a sense of relief when I can take an item or two off the list.

Music can be helpful, and the type of music depends on my mood.

And reading before bed is something I look forward to.

What works for you?

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Machka - a cuddle with the dog, nature! I really feel better if I can go out and work in MY yard, I think it's a combo of exercise, accomplishing something, and doing something that is just for me...