April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dog owner question.

We have two. One needs groomed religiously (half border collie /cocker spaniel) but is an outside dog so poor thing gets it once maybe twice a year. It’s that time of year. The second dog just needs his potty area trimmed. How a dog can have the hairiest backside? It’s like an alpaca back there. Dig out the clippers and they no longer cut. Anyone groom their own animals? I’m sure I put the clippers up dirty, never bothered to buy the cleaning oil they need run in. So, ya know... dh tried to help. Bought new clippers (-200$) and the oil bath cleaning tub of stuffy stuff.

I can get the one trimmed where she doesn’t look like “ yo mama cuts yur hair”. Second dog? nah he looks stupid (but is a border collie, not really the grooming kinda dog. I make him look like a lion. So dumb.)

Any tips? Clipper care or dog care?
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    2/4 30 min gym, 1mile walk, 1 mile run (my son has a PT session at the gym and I have to be there as he has autism and learning difficulties so I get a bit of exercise while he trains. Daughter is in a dance class next door, so we drive there, son and walked back home after his session, then I jogged back to the danc studio to collect her and we drove home.
    4/4 2 mile walk
    5/2 5 mile jog
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    and my first 26.2 tomorrow.
    if i at least start, then i can see how far i can go. i wasn't trying to make any records other than to finish. minimal pace is 15mph before the sag bus grabs you. i think there is 1 at 10k and one at 13.1
    15 mph minimum??? While you said you wasn't trying to make any records, at that speed you'll crack the marathon in 01:44:53 and pretty much have no choice in the matter. :wink:

😪
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    04/01........00M.......1.0M
    04/02........07M.......0.0M
    04/03........11M.......3.5M
    04/04........00M.......3.5M
    04/05........10M.......1.5M

---MTD: 9.5 miles walking, 28 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    well poop
    i just came down with the cold everyone in the office had
    headache, runny nose, fever in waves

and my first 26.2 tomorrow.
    if i at least start, then i can see how far i can go. i wasn't trying to make any records other than to finish. minimal pace is 15mph before the sag bus grabs you. i think there is 1 at 10k and one at 13.1

Dang horrible timing. :( As others have said you might still be able to run it. Listen to your body and make your best call. Personally, I run with a head cold and the run helps me feel better. But everyone is different. Do what works for you.