Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
    70i035ul15z5.jpg
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your mom is having pain from hip @lacwest6605. How long ago was her replacement? I am still getting muscles stretched out right and felling fully healed in my first hip leg (August of 2016). Other hip was replaced in March 2018. It is a process and not unusual for tendons and muscles to take a bit of time. It sounds like she has been mobile (you have taken her shopping, right?). Try not to stress out too much until you meet with surgeon.
  • lacwest6605
    lacwest6605 Posts: 6,922 Member
    Options
    Ginnytez, Thanks for the kind and informative words. I really appreciate it! My mom, Sarah, had surgery mid December. She is 92 and was using a walker even before she broke her hip. A physical therapist comes twice a week. Just this week she asked me to take her out shopping.
    Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. So many doctors and so many meds to keep track of. Pills, eye drops, inhalants, patches, creams and salves! Mom has COPD and uses oxygen, too.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,898 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,377 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I know you feel her pain. <3 Sudden death is such a devastating loss. Good call on the dog walking.
    Sending love and hugs. <3
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara Your poor friend! What a shock. (((Hug))).

Karen in Virginia
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    📙Accountability post for
    Sunday, April 7th

✔️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (52g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 25g. (26g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✔4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (29 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm. To prevent late night snacking & get a good 12 hour overnight fast.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: Feeling good. Really slow day for me today. I did my usual Morning Routine and my usual Sunday tasks: Change bed linens, CPAP maintenance, review of my progress toward the past week's plan and create my plan for this week.
    • Exercise: Got 29 minutes. I'm giving myself a checkmark. I did a little more - but must have paused just long enough for Fitbit to not count it all.
    • Eating curfew and bedtime. It's going to take some time. This week I'll work on getting to sleep earlier.
    • Bright Spots today: Stayed within my macros for the day. Husband cooked a good meal and even though he made a big pot of pinto beans, side of white rice and a cast iron skillet of cornbread (a favorite meal for him and Mama) - he also grilled ribeye steak and steamed some green beans so i would have another low carb option. I had 1/2c pinto beans with steak and green beans. This meal didn’t put me too far above my carb count and it boosted my fiber count.

-- Ginger in Texas

dh3uxb5zsb2h.png
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Barbara - So sorry for your friend. Such a devastating loss. I know she'll appreciate your help with the dogs. One less thing to worry about.
    Yes - get your will, physicians directives and medical power of attorney in order. We did after my mother-in-law's sudden death in 2000. It gave us both such peace of mind to know it was done.

Sending hugs and love your way.
    --Ginger-in-Texas
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    Options
    Barbara: (((hugs))) and prayers for your friend and her family.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,231 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    I am in shock. My dearest friend just called to tell me her husband died Friday. He was expected home at 6pm and when he hadn't arrived or responded to calls or texts she became quite concerned. Hospitals, police, highway patrol nothing. At 10 pm the county coroner arrived at her house with the sad news that he'd collapsed in a store, was rushed to local hospital but died of a heart attack. A friend stayed with her the first night and another friend has come to stay as long as needed. She is understandably devastated, doesn't know how she's going to manage without him. She's most concerned about their dogs, too big and energetic for her to walk and exercise as he did. Went on Rover.com to order a dog walk for her.

Time to make will, medical power of attorney and BBOD. Even if I can't get Joe on board, I can do them for me.

Feel that cry coming on...
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 5/30, 60 g protein 7/30, rx/vits 6/30, meditate 2/30, knee exercises 2/30, SWSY 0/30, play with Tumble 5/30, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 4/30.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    04/07 LT: SWSY-N MT: make Joe peach cobbler-Y ST: listen to Pat-Y

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

But I think you did good by ordering the dog walking service. Also yes, get things organised for you.

M in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I'm so sorry about your friend's husband. You're a good friend to resolve what you can for her, with the dog walking service.

Lisa in AR
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbara This is devastating news, the shock of it adds to the grief I think. So good you came up with the dog walking service, knowing you, you'll be there for plenty more. Does she lives close by? Strength and <3 to all. And yes, get your will/POA done, sometimes that independent action will pull allow a reluctant partner.

Karen VA I loved the story about meeting the author Patricia Cornwell, very cool.

NYKAREN

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Sorry for friends loss @auntiebk. Loss of spouse is very tough, especially when it comes so unexpectedly. She will need her friends.