WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I'm so sorry about your friends husband! Great job ordering a dog walker for her.

Hugs
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Barbara, never easy and so shocking that it take some time to sink in...just be there for your friend as much as you can and good job on the dog walking call...
    working 9-5 today and Friday .. so will get down to walk the dogs early and feed DFIL and then off to work..
    dont know what I will bring to eat , getting a bit nervous with the colonoscopy coming up
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

Hubs and I spent the weekend in KS for my Mom's 75th birthday party. We had a good time. We flew up Friday morning and it was quite uneventful. Spent the afternoon with Mom and her husband and then the evening with my Aunt, cousin and her family. It was a good day. Saturday we spent the morning getting ready for the party and then spent the day visiting with cousins and Mom's friends. The drive back to the hotel was fun in a thunderstorm. We got a great light show from all the lightning. Our flight was delayed for late crew arrival on Sunday morning.....finally made it out of Kansas City to be delayed in Houston for weather. We should have been home by 2, instead it was 8:30. I am so thankful hub was with me to keep me company and to watch the bags for potty stops. I really think dealing with the luggage when you have to pee is the worst part of traveling alone.

Have a great week ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... go ahead and have a cry ... tears speak when words cannot. Hugs.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Barbara prayers for your friend.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Barbara so sorry to hear about your friend's husband, she will feel lost so I'm sure you will be of great help to her. Sending hugs <3<3

Viv York UK
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options
    I worked this weekend, and as Heather would say, I'm knackered. :D

Tomorrow it's back to online school for my grandson, after a week off. I hope he is able to focus & able to get some work done. Transitions are difficult for him.

Lanette I was doing a required school rotation in the Virginia medical examiner's office in either 1986 or 1987. There was a woman there about my age (early 30s) who was a friend of the Chief Medical Examiner. She was doing some pro bono IT work for the office, & was also doing some research for a book she hoped to write. We ate lunch together a few times, and went to a couple of on-scene investigations with the medical examiner. It was an amazing 2 months. The woman was Patricia Cornwell, & the book she was researching was Postmortem, published in 1990. She wouldn't know me, I am certain, but I will never forget her. The paperback version of her biography of Ruth Bell Graham had just come out & she asked me if I had heard of it (I hadn't). It didn't bother her a bit. She was an intense listener. Piercing blue eyes. Vibrant presence.

Karen in Virginia

Karen - neat story about Patricia Cornwell :D As you described her, that's how I envision Dr. Scarpetta, her main character in the book I just finished (Point of Origin) and now I'm on to Blow Fly, lol. Juicy stuff. Can't wait to hit the thrift stores today and load up on more - hope they have Postmortem and the Ruth Graham bio. Did you read any of her books?

Barbara AHMOD - How sad for your friend, and you. Great idea on the Rover and yes - does she live close by or is she in Idaho/elsewhere? This is another reminder to us here to make sure we or our spouses and/or trusted friends are aware of bank accounts, bills to pay, where stuff is (like wills). Whether the person who handles them passes away or is incapacitated for a while. Newbies - we have this discussion here every couple months it seems. :'(

Heather - great photo of you and your girlfriends. Supermodels all, lol. Sounds like a good time but bet you and your DH will be glad you are back home.

Ginger - glad to see you back and sharing your day. Very inspirational! And you are doing very well!! Love the idea of your accountability post and Fitbit stats.

I think I mentioned our older dog had started licking, licking her lady parts. Gave her a bath and that seemed to help but I reckoned it was triggered by stress (loud thunder right over the house - she shook for hours.) I had purchased a bottle of "Comfort Calm" made by "Vets Best" - herbal calmative for dogs to give them on trips, July 4th, etc. So I gave Sophie half a tablet. The licking stopped within minutes. She started up again yesterday.... half a tablet, no licking. She goes to the groomer next week so will give her a tablet an hour before I load her in the car.

OK ladies, must get crackin here. Have a great Monday!

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,620 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    I am in shock. My dearest friend just called to tell me her husband died Friday. He was expected home at 6pm and when he hadn't arrived or responded to calls or texts she became quite concerned. Hospitals, police, highway patrol nothing. At 10 pm the county coroner arrived at her house with the sad news that he'd collapsed in a store, was rushed to local hospital but died of a heart attack. A friend stayed with her the first night and another friend has come to stay as long as needed. She is understandably devastated, doesn't know how she's going to manage without him. She's most concerned about their dogs, too big and energetic for her to walk and exercise as he did. Went on Rover.com to order a dog walk for her.

Time to make will, medical power of attorney and BBOD. Even if I can't get Joe on board, I can do them for me.

Feel that cry coming on...
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 5/30, 60 g protein 7/30, rx/vits 6/30, meditate 2/30, knee exercises 2/30, SWSY 0/30, play with Tumble 5/30, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 4/30.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    04/07 LT: SWSY-N MT: make Joe peach cobbler-Y ST: listen to Pat-Y

I’m so sorry to hear about your friends loss, that’s awful
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    <3:'(Barbara <3<3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Barbara and Dear Friend)))

Carol in GA