WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Well been a stressful day and I still have almost 2 hours until I can go home. Working extra to cover for co-worker who has son in ICU.
    My Uncle called me this morning to tell me my Aunt passed away. She fell last Monday evening and broke her hip and was in the hospital. She was at PT and had a seizure and passed away. I am shocked as she has been in good health. I really expected my Uncle to go first, but I know he will not last long without her.
    Katla--Keeping you and DH in prayer that all goes well today.
    Can't remember who else I wanted to comment on, mind is fuzzy.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

Vicki
    - so sorry to hear about your Aunt! And Uncle, life will be so different for him. (((HUGS))))

Thinking about you working all of those long hours lately! Take care <3

Heather
    - I just looked up the Shim Sham and watched it on YouTube. Looks like a calorie burner for sure- but lots of fun!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Vicki ~ So sorry about your aunt.

Heather ~ I am in awe of the social life you lead. I am sure it must be what is keeping you and your husband young. <3

The Joint Class lasted 3 hours today and I am overwhelmed with the information! But, I know I needed it as I had no idea what all would happen.

Carol i n GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie & Lanette: DH had his colonoscopy today and it was a breeze. The prep was the uncomfortable part. Good news all around. There was no sign of cancer or other worrisome disease. The doctor spoke to us right after the colonoscopy. DH’s innards are healthy. He still has to be gluten free and stick to a fodmap diet. We are relieved. I hope you get good news, too, Allie. :star:

Carol in GA: I’m making a guess, but I’m betting that “joint class” will be about healing from your upcoming surgery. I hope that all goes well. :flowerforyou:

Lisa in OH: Celery is a wonderful snack because it is healthy, has good fiber, AND burns more calories to digest than it contains. WIN! :bigsmile:

Tracey in Edmonton: I’m sorry about your dad & cancer. Mine didn’t ever get cancer, but he had severe heart disease and nicotine was very hard on his heart. In my opinion, he smoked himself to death. So did my mom, but her health problems were her lungs rather than her heart. I’m fairly sure she did have cancer at the end, but it was lung damage from smoking that killed her. :broken_heart: I’ve mentioned that I hate smoking more than a few times. It is the habit I hate, not the person who is addicted. :cry:

We are happily at home. Our critter sitter did a great job caring for our dog and we’ll call her again if we need to leave him home while we are gone.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Carol in Ga-hope joint class went well. Been through them twice for my hips. Most important thing is to have things set up at home ahead of time.

Laura in LA-good news on mom's hip. It was what I suspected (having had two hip replacements). Our muscles get messed up from walking with a messed up hip before surgery. During surgery, they are not very gentle with the replacement and pull that leg in all sorts of directions.

Sorry for the loss of your Aunt Vicki.

I have had a busy and productive day. Close to 30 minutes on treadmill before work. Got 30 minute walk in on my lunch hour. Currently have over 12,000 steps. Have to get trash cans to the curb and get to church council meeting.

Will try to eat most of my exercise calories. Down 5lbs since starting back so I am feeling pretty motivated. Put on a pair of pants today that were much tighter a couple of weeks ago, now getting loose. Amazing what a difference even a few pounds can make.

Ginny in Ohio
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Rori I’ll have to remember the gum trick. I keep gum in the utility drawer in the kitchen for that reason. Actually used it as a strategy for countering the after meal smoking trigger when i quit smoking in 2013. Snacking between meals doesn’t seem to be a problem for me. It’s the late night or middle of the night urge for something. I’m following a low carb way of eating. Making it a lifestyle change. Not sure why i felt the urge last night. I suspect i was frustrated with trying to sleep. I’ll make myself some low carb ice cream and cookies and freeze them in individual servings,
    Lisa Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad I inspire someone, ❤️

—Ginger-in-Texas
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette :) Glad you enjoyed the photo of Dr. Fierro. She is dandy.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Vicki: so sorry about you aunt. Your uncle will need quite a bit of support now that she's gone. 💖🙏🏻

☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    Ppp
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.21min, 13amph, 137mhr, 1.58mi= 82c
    gym workout total 28.15min, 145mhr= 205c
    ARM SKI MACHINE- 10min, 112mhr, 52aw, 1634meters
    BOSU BALL- 10min , 1set 10ea of 4 diff exer w/8# weights
    FLOOR EXERCISES- 1set of 10ea of 5 diff exercises
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.14min, 138mhr, 17amph, 1.47mi= 68c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.44min, 12.3mph, 148mhr,3.02mi= 154c
    jog sta 2 wrk, slow- 5.23min, 9.55min mi, 151mhr, .54mi= 80c
    jog wrk 2 sta- Windy!- 4.34min, 9.55min mi, 146mhr, .46mi= 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- WINDY! 15MPH winds- 18.33min, 8.4amph, 157mhr, 2.6mi= 203c

total cal 854
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD today. We’re going to go to the Newcomer general meeting tomorrow but get there just at 10:30. So I’m going to do a Firm Fat Burning Cardio DVD. This is a new one for me.

Well, went to Michael’s to see if they had a yarn threader (which they didn’t), then went to JoAnn’s fabrics since they had scraps on sale and I was hoping to find some fleece for Linus’ blanket but the only fleece they had was $12.99 and I’m not paying that much. Besides, it was such a large quantity that I’d have it for years and centuries. So I bought some fleece but only got 6” so it cost me about $1. That’ll probably last at least 3 years if I have to change it every year because of the weather (fading, etc), then went to Jewelry Exchange. Once before they somehow tightened the clasp on my watch and I needed to have it done again. Now at least my watch won’t fall off. But JoAnn did have the yarn threader so I got that.

Thank you everyone for your kind words about Donald. I wish you could come here and see the ceramics out by the pool. Only it covers such a large area that I’d have to take 5 or 6 pictures to get them all in.

Went to Petsmart then the Hallmark store only the DreamBook that Vince wanted isn’t out yet, won’t be until next week. Came home and got some leaves out of the pool. Either we didn’t get that many in this year or I did a very good job getting them out the other day even tho I couldn’t see them. Then used the Wet & Forget on the deck

Evelyn – that’s me, if I don’t eat after dinner, I lose. For Lent I’m trying having only fruit after dinner.

Vicki – I’m so sorry for your loss

Katla – I firmly believe that to this day I don’t smoke and that’s because my mother was a smoker. Even at my young age when she died before the ACA linked smoking to death, my mind did.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie, and just found this post. What good ideas! My goals in April are:
    1. No recriminations. Each day is a new start.
    2. Get my 30 min walk in daily, even when traveling (which will be quite a large portion of April)
    3. Keep logging honestly. Every BLT (bite, lick, taste)

Hello to everyone, and thanks in advance for all the ideas and support they offer.

:) Welcome. I like your goal about no recriminations. It is much more useful to encourage yourself and to keep moving forward. None of us starts out perfect. We take baby steps.

:) It's a beautiful day here if you just judge by the sunshine but it's so windy that I didn't want to do any yard work. I kept active instead by riding my exercise bike---a good calorie burn and leg muscles builder in a controlled atmosphere.

:)Katla, glad to hear that all went well with your husband's colonoscopy. You two have been doing great sticking to his new food plan.

:)<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Michele: It appears that we had smoking moms in common. My mind also linked smoking with death at a relatively early age. My heart still aches when I think of the damage smoking did to her health and to dad's health. :ohwell:

Kim: I think that most of the tummy troubles are caused by thinking we can get away with just a little of something that is off of our list. A little bit of the wrong food can cause lots of trouble. Sometimes we are slow learners. :embarrassed:

There was an emergency at the end of the road this evening. A firetruck and ambulance were both down at the marina there. I hope the person involved does well. The fire department in our little town has the best medical support I’ve heard about. They saved the life of a dear friend of ours a number of years ago. He dropped dead on his boat. They resuscitated him & got him breathing again. Because of them he is now alive, & well. I hope this evening’s emergency has a good outcome, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon