Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I burnt my forearm today. Got a big three inch long red blister. Well done me, winning at life.

Ouch! I hope it heals quickly!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I think my laptop is fried 😢
    I hate typing on my tablet....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Also, this could be a long week. Plate in the Bathroom Girl is on kitchen duty.

I admit. This made me :laugh:.

Sorry, Mel.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I would say, it's good to plan but don't get too bogged down in the details. I kept reminding myself, most people do this, and most people manage one way or another!

This is true. Most people do manage. The biggest Hong (and maybe the hardest) is not falling victim to keeping up with the Joneses. Your kid does not have to have everything/ play every sport/go to every camp. That's what makes a lot of people lose it.

QFT.

Even though I limit my son to one sport/thing per season, I still run my butt off to get him places. I can't wait until he can drive!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

I can't wait to hear this!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Sorry, Mel.

Update: they moved her whole department out of my building today. I don't know where to, but I will gladly pick up kitchen duty in her place. 😉
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Sorry, Mel.

Update: they moved her whole department out of my building today. I don't know where to, but I will gladly pick up kitchen duty in her place. 😉

WIN!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Sorry, Mel.

Nice......
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    And we're out again. Bit groggy but enjoying his toast!

Good to hear!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Glad to hear it! Did the surgery go smoothly? :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Great news!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    The boy is in surgery. The anaesthetist asked me if I was in the medical field because apparently I was super calm as they were putting him to sleep. I just figured talking to him would be the best thing to keep him happy. Waiting now, hopefully not for long.

You did the best thing by remaining calm with him. If he sees you freaking out, he is going to not feel safe. We trust our physicians so best thing is to be calm for them.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Me, lately.
    qxbnpbpqohrz.png

That was me Monday. I was mildly irritable, and a coworker of mine was in crisis mode. (When it wasn't a crisis). I can keep my mouth shut easy. But hiding my facial expressions is not my strong suit. I did try to not roll my eyes everytime she came running into my file pile looking for an invoice she needed. As soon as I go to help look for it, thinking I may have misfiled something, she finds it in her office. Every. Time. Hopefully I don't get "SRLSLY?!?" Face everytime she comes in, lol.

@spamarie Glad your boy came out of surgery well! Wishing him a speedy recovery!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out a version of IF where I eat "brunch" at 10:30-11ish, and then dinner later. This is kind of how I naturally eat on the weekends, and it works well for me. Waiting til 12 to eat though (when lunch time is) is killer.

The beakfast burrito lady just came by. I wasn't really in the mood for one. Not even all that hungry, and able to patiently wait until it's time to eat. So I declined. Plus last time they were no better then what I can make at home. And they went straight through me.. (TMI I know.) Well now the whole office smells like breakfast burrito, and my brain is going "hey. hungry now. feed me." I would have been fine if the whole office didnt smell delicious! :lol:
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out a version of IF where I eat "brunch" at 10:30-11ish, and then dinner later. This is kind of how I naturally eat on the weekends, and it works well for me. Waiting til 12 to eat though (when lunch time is) is killer.

The beakfast burrito lady just came by. I wasn't really in the mood for one. Not even all that hungry, and able to patiently wait until it's time to eat. So I declined. Plus last time they were no better then what I can make at home. And they went straight through me.. (TMI I know.) Well now the whole office smells like breakfast burrito, and my brain is going "hey. hungry now. feed me." I would have been fine if the whole office didnt smell delicious! :lol:

You have a breakfast burrito lady? That's a cool office! I have to go to the cafeteria in the basement of the hospital or the canteen on the second floor of my building (next door to the hospital) to get real food.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    First thunderstorm of spring 2019 is in the books. The weather guys didn't predict it and my dog is a nervous wreck now. She hates thunder.

Eww! I bet you guys don't need much more rain. How much damage did all the flooding do by the previous rains?

Fortunately, not too much. There are some gnarly potholes that need fixing, and some water damage to the homes close to creeks, but by now, everyone who lives in them knows not to use the basement. Unfortunately, my neighbors had water in their basement because their foundation wasn't sealed properly. We are a mile from the river and up on the hill, they think they have their drainage issues fixed and the basement sealed. I think they have a tree they need removed or it will happen again, but it's not my house.
    It's supposed to be sunny the rest of this week, so maybe we won't be in too much trouble.

Glad to hear that you didn't have much damage. I remember last year it seemed that it rained almost everyday in Summer.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

giphy.gif