Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2019
    I remember my mom telling me that my sister or I had wanted to push the cart & knocked over a display of pickle jars. My mom said she had then had us run up to the front so they wouldn't know it was us. On the bottom of the cart was a pickle jar :D.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    I let Olivia pick out her own Lunchables at the store and they were packed in so tight that when she pulled the front one off the shelf, about 6-10 of them ejected themselves out behind it. It was nuts!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I can laugh now, but sheesh that boy!
  • crosbylee
    Happy Mother's Day to all of our mums!!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Happy Mother's Day!!!
  • melissafeagins
    I was sick all weekend. My Mother's Day was blah. Hubby says I get a do-ever next week at my favorite steakhouse. :)

I got my gift from the kids yesterday, but deferred my lunch out until next weekend. Too crowded and I had a headache already.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I’m free from my coil! Huzzah! God I hope I don’t get cramps anymore, they were horrible!

YAY!
    Cramps-If you do still get them, talk to your doc. There are prescription nsaid's designed for menstrual cramps that work way better than IBuprofen. I was on one called Cataflam. It worked much more effectivley then other anti-inflammatories.
  • melissafeagins
    Yay, Lois!!! I hope it relieves your cramps.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    I’m free from my coil! Huzzah! God I hope I don’t get cramps anymore, they were horrible!

YAY!
    Cramps-If you do still get them, talk to your doc. There are prescription nsaid's designed for menstrual cramps that work way better than IBuprofen. I was on one called Cataflam. It worked much more effectivley then other anti-inflammatories.

Will do, thanks for letting me know! I never got them before the coil, so I’m half expecting them to stop, I will be a bit disappointed if this is a permanent thing now.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Rant-fession: (Rant + confession)
    2 months to go before summer vacation. And I'm having a hard time gathering my give-a-craps to try and slim down a bit more before hand. 4 months to go to train for a backpacking trip- and I'm feeling very "meh" about getting ready for it. Even though I know if I don't put in some stair master time I will have a very miserable backpacking trip. Ugh. Heck, I even have the added motivation of possibly getting off my birth control next year or so to lose that last 10 lbs. And yet- I can't be bothered with it. I've even been having some pretty strong cravings that basically wash out any deficit I create with food alone. I'm at a plateau, folks. I know what I need to do to bust it. And I will...tomorrow. :lol: This last month I've been trying to get ready for a huge garage sale I've got coming in two weeks. Last month was building scrap books for my cousin and friends babies, and getting ready for my friend's baby shower I hosted.... Maybe that's where all my motivational energy is going. But man I've gotta get it together.
  • crosbylee
    Hang in there!! You know what you need to do. Just get that training in before the backpacking trip! Worry about the weight after. Enjoy that trip!
  • melissafeagins
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Hang in there!! You know what you need to do. Just get that training in before the backpacking trip! Worry about the weight after. Enjoy that trip!

Getting in the training will help with the weight. #VoiceOfExperience
  • melissafeagins
    2 months to go before summer vacation. And I'm having a hard time gathering my give-a-craps to try and slim down a bit more before hand. 4 months to go to train for a backpacking trip- and I'm feeling very "meh" about getting ready for it. Even though I know if I don't put in some stair master time I will have a very miserable backpacking trip. Ugh. Heck, I even have the added motivation of possibly getting off my birth control next year or so to lose that last 10 lbs. And yet- I can't be bothered with it. I've even been having some pretty strong cravings that basically wash out any deficit I create with food alone. I'm at a plateau, folks. I know what I need to do to bust it. And I will...tomorrow. :lol: This last month I've been trying to get ready for a huge garage sale I've got coming in two weeks. Last month was building scrap books for my cousin and friends babies, and getting ready for my friend's baby shower I hosted.... Maybe that's where all my motivational energy is going. But man I've gotta get it together.

I know what you mean about lack of motivation, I found mine when I asked the doc about going back on the pill and got a bit of a lecture about my weight and being on the pill and the increased risk of blood clots, and my blood pressure is high. She gave me a months worth and I have to go back, if it hasn’t improved, I have to look at other options.

So I got on the bike when I got home and I’ve been good for 2 whole days now :lol:

Docs are good for that, if you get one who believes what you say and isn't afraid to tell it to you straight.
  • Crafty_camper123

I know what you mean about lack of motivation, I found mine when I asked the doc about going back on the pill and got a bit of a lecture about my weight and being on the pill and the increased risk of blood clots, and my blood pressure is high. She gave me a months worth and I have to go back, if it hasn’t improved, I have to look at other options.

So I got on the bike when I got home and I’ve been good for 2 whole days now :lol:

Lectures from the doc are a great motivator, lol! After I have this garage sale licked I will probably feel less stressed & more able to focus on fitness. Right now I feel like my evenings are a pick three event: Cook dinner, clean after dinner, gather & price garage sale, work out. Maybe I'll try to squeeze in a couple hours over the weekend just to say I did. Although, I suppose moving boxes of stuff is a workout in itself. Maybe I can just do a squat or lunge for every item I pick up. :lol: I have a better mindset today though. I actually gathered a protein rich breakfast this morning, so maybe the munchies will be kept at bay.