Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    All - Has anyone heard from Tracey?? Did she get the job? Wedding posts?
  • pompelipom
    pompelipom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm in the need for a real chocolate deterrent my self. Congrats on the 60 lost! Even if you have gained again - at least you know you can do it! That sounds great. I really need something to help me stay on track. Often I'm very dedicated a couple of days/weeks, but then life gets in the way and i forget all about my plans for weight loss.
    Sorry to hear about your knee injury. But as they say - kilos are lost in the kichen, and only grams in the gym (or something like that :D )
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    slipped and slid my way to work again. All our green grass covered in snow. BUT it should be gone in a couple days. Silly Mother nature!
    Suzu- I was just wondering about Tracy and Runa. Hopefully Tracy is working and too busy to post :wink: and I hope Runa is ok. And medical IT - wowzers. That is some tough stuff. I work in Health and Human Services and we touch on the fringes of EMR. can be mind boggling. Good for you!
    Have a great Thursday!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options
    Meghan (sp) - go and get a cup of herbal tea or coffee - leave that soda alone for someone else to drink and let them put on the weight.

Good advice Sara - I like that idea of leaving something for someone else to eat and put on the weight.
    Thank you!!

Lana

247.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    pompelipom wrote: »
    Haha I'm in the need for a real chocolate deterrent my self. Congrats on the 60 lost! Even if you have gained again - at least you know you can do it! That sounds great. I really need something to help me stay on track. Often I'm very dedicated a couple of days/weeks, but then life gets in the way and i forget all about my plans for weight loss.
    Sorry to hear about your knee injury. But as they say - kilos are lost in the kichen, and only grams in the gym (or something like that :D )

I am the same. Chocolate is my downfall. I check in here, every day. But, still can't stay on track.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    zud4wozgozxu.png

was told today my humming was bothering my coworkers

f7bwj55j1x03.png

needed a good laugh
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    4230 steps Wed.
    Not sure whats up but unable to sleep well past few nights. Being sleepy makes me crave carbs & sugar. :(
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - I hope that you get some good rest tonight. I know what that's like.

Missy - Good to see you!

I think it's time to go lay down in bed and read a while.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Phew 😅 I’ve got a lot to catch up on!

Missy- good to see you! How's WW?

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    10238 total steps and yes I feel it.

Book with dog and then lights out.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF most of all.

Last night was my night not to sleep. Couldnt get past my neighbor at work who is so loud I have to hum to create a barrier only to be told my humming irritates another neighbor - so if A causes B and B causes C why is A not addressed?

Only saving grace is that my workload is new again and a smaller one with fewer variations. Yes, rolling my eyes all over the place.

My lunch this morning (pre bought at store) was not sealed properly, so luckily I have a frozen entree.

Looking forwards and finding good things.

Wave to all who follow. Oh yes I will be lurking.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Lynn! Saw posts about slipping and sliding into work and been watching the weather in your neck of the woods. I am SO sorry you got plunged back into deep winter. Was close to 80 here this week (Winter -->Summer... spring?? what is this spring you speak of??) Stormed here all last night so dog freaked and husband up with her. Clearer today and a little cooler, but 100% chance of storms again tomorrow and looks like tornado threats. Mamma nature doesn't like any of us one little bit.
    Missy - How is the WW program going? I have to get back on track soon or else request a new zip code for my A**!!

On a lighter note... IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    w3of3oreh4b6.jpg
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Hello!
    Suzu - yikes I would love the 80's but not the storms. Good luck!
    Sara- can you wear ear buds and listen to music? I had some reception staff that had issues with each other. Once chewed gum too loud and the other is hyper sensitive about noise. She found some peace when she started wearing one ear bud to listen to music. the other tried to be more careful with her loud chewing :wink:
    Nothing planned for this weekend. good and bad. Will have to ensure I do not eat due to boredom. Yesterday I weighed in at 190.4. Would really like to slide down through that 190 mark!
    Lurking...
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara and Suzu and Lynn~~

Rainy day here - and I must return the rental car to RDU airport and take the bus back home. Yick. But that will clock some walking for me.

Question for All: What do you use to monitor your steps/miles walked per day?

I know nothing of this stuff, but need to get either a ring or pin or necklace or bracelet?
    I prefer it be something NOT on my wrist. Also, not-expensive would help.

Lana

246.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2019
    Options
    amazon.com - 3DFITBUD it is $19.99 only tracks steps, nice large digits and using a coin can open slot and replace battery when needed, wear as necklace or comes with clip - in many colors. take a look.

3DFitBud Simple Step Counter Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Lanyard, A420S
    by 3DActive

was dollar less when I bought it.....maybe they got popular

I am looking for a nice sign to tell lady across from me at work to keep her voice down will ask Sup what she thinks. Seems I have to be so careful about everyone else, makes me wonder if I am invisible....... One ear bud might be the key thank you Lynn good idea.

Will wander off that way soon - upper 40's to mid 70's next week it will be 60-80 degrees and at least one day of rain.
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    QFA - step tracking. We received fitbit zips through our work incentive program. I really like it- clips on my pants - I have to have pockets so I clip it so if it falls - it will fall into my pocket hopefully. Challenge - you have to keep track of it when changing. Not let it go through laundry. And with some waist bands that are not very stiff, it is more difficult to stay on. I too do not like things on my wrist. So this works well for me. fitbit brand is more expensive. But I am guessing the one Sara talks works the same. the zip shows me time and steps. Can add miles and calories, but I do not have it show me those - I just know how important steps are.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Question for All: What do you use to monitor your steps/miles walked per day?

I know nothing of this stuff, but need to get either a ring or pin or necklace or bracelet?
    I prefer it be something NOT on my wrist. Also, not-expensive would help.

Lana

I don't really care for things on my wrist either. However, my boyfriend got me the Fitbit Charge 2 about three years ago. It only comes off my wrist for showers or charging. In addition to steps, I use it to track my sleep for my healthcare practitioner, estimate the calories burned during my other exercise, and as a relaxation tool with the breathing app. I absolutely love it! It's the older model. I bought him the Charge 3 last week and it has more features, including water resistance, that mine doesn't have. It is a little more expensive than some options, but worth it in my experience.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    QFA: I have the fitbit Alta HR. got it for free using points i get for filling out surveys. it doesnt bother me to have it on wrist. i have a ton of different bands, leather & plastic, that I can change out. i like that it tracks sleep and heartbeat so i can stay in the proper zone when exercising. previous to this, i had a Xiaomi Mi Band. it was inexpensive and could be worn on wrist, as necklace, or clipped on clothing with a variety of bands/pendants/clips. not sure how much they are now though. it was a great little gadget to count steps and exercises.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Thanks Ladies!!

Keep the ideas coming......

This is good~~

Lana