What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Just received my birthday card from my Dad, wishing me a happy 33rd birthday with $800.00 in it. Telling me he topped up my card because he had forgot to send it. My birthday was in January. At this point your best to just be the a-hole who forgot, but leave it to my Dad to think he can fix things with money. I think I’m going to mail it back to him for his birthday.

The same thing happened to me except my dad left me, never sent a card, never called again, never sent money. Just be glad he thought of you and tried to make it right instead of acting like you don’t exist at all.

Truthfully I’d rather that. He’s never been a good Dad, I have always been not enough and left excluded. He brags of my accomplishments as if he loves me and is proud of me, but in all honesty I think it’s just another bragging right for him. How I turned out has nothing at all to do with him. He’s had one step out the door since my Mother left him and he should have took the other step too. I’m sorry you don’t feel the same way. But I have tried. I’ve tried everything to make this right and I’m at a point where I am numb and I don’t care anymore.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options
    Just received my birthday card from my Dad, wishing me a happy 33rd birthday with $800.00 in it. Telling me he topped up my card because he had forgot to send it. My birthday was in January. At this point your best to just be the a-hole who forgot, but leave it to my Dad to think he can fix things with money. I think I’m going to mail it back to him for his birthday.

If you really want to prove a point, send me the money.

Sure! I just need you address, and it will be on its way. Accompanied by a stalker.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options

The same thing happened to me except my dad left me, never sent a card, never called again, never sent money. Just be glad he thought of you and tried to make it right instead of acting like you don’t exist at all.

Truthfully I’d rather that. He’s never been a good Dad, I have always been not enough and left excluded. He brags of my accomplishments as if he loves me and is proud of me, but in all honesty I think it’s just another bragging right for him. How I turned out has nothing at all to do with him. He’s had one step out the door since my Mother left him and he should have took the other step too. I’m sorry you don’t feel the same way. But I have tried. I’ve tried everything to make this right and I’m at a point where I am numb and I don’t care anymore.

Numb and uncaring..... Feels good doesn't it?

It’s like a breath of fresh air in comparison. My life is quite lovely without him.
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I want to start a jousting play land where you can take someone you are having a beef with in real life and joust with them. Only one walks out alive!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better
  • iMago
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

i inspired this because i like you but no you're wrong purple is trash
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited April 2019
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

❤️
    And
    If you’re not ready to move up to purple, orange is also excellent.
  • iMago
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

❤️
    And

JvXaFy7.gif
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

❤️
    And

JvXaFy7.gif

demonstrating outright disdain for the orange Monster means you really like it a lot.

Check
  • iMago
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

❤️
    And

JvXaFy7.gif

demonstrating outright disdain for the orange Monster means you really like it a lot.

Check

pls no psychoanalyzing me dear
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL I'm drinking too much Monster.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

What color and did you pull its pigtails?
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

What color and did you pull its pigtails?

I don't even care what flavor(flavour) it is anymore.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options

Numb and uncaring..... Feels good doesn't it?

It’s like a breath of fresh air in comparison. My life is quite lovely without him.

I bet.... Why not just cut ties completely?

When my brother died he asked me to try and so I have been trying. In addition I have an excellent relationship with the rest of my family on that side and have been trying to keep the peace. But I’m starting to see I can’t honour my brothers wishes at the cost of my happiness and my sons too, and if my family can’t respect my decisions then it will have to be a cost to pay. :)
  • _impressive_
    _impressive_ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think some tomahtohs and pohtahtos will do nicely for dinner.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

Had a drink at a bar once with the blue one in it. Called Blue Balls, (unsure if it's a spinoff of the normal Blue Balls drink) but came with a Monster Branded Condom attached to the straw. Obviously Blue is the Best.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

Had a drink at a bar once with the blue one in it. Called Blue Balls, (unsure if it's a spinoff of the normal Blue Balls drink) but came with a Monster Branded Condom attached to the straw. Obviously Blue is the Best.
    Unless it’s calorie-free it isn’t for me. 😢
  • cee134
    Options
    Unless it’s calorie-free it isn’t for me. 😢

You're a poet and didn't even realize it.