What's on your mind?

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

Had a drink at a bar once with the blue one in it. Called Blue Balls, (unsure if it's a spinoff of the normal Blue Balls drink) but came with a Monster Branded Condom attached to the straw. Obviously Blue is the Best.
    Unless it’s calorie-free it isn’t for me. 😢

It was the Ultra Zero Blue! 😛 0 cals
    I'm sure the drink had calories tho
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    xnj3n6h9fm03.jpg
    The purple one is better

Had a drink at a bar once with the blue one in it. Called Blue Balls, (unsure if it's a spinoff of the normal Blue Balls drink) but came with a Monster Branded Condom attached to the straw. Obviously Blue is the Best.
    Unless it’s calorie-free it isn’t for me. 😢

It was the Ultra Zero Blue! 😛 0 cals
    I'm sure the drink had calories tho
    we good then. 😁
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Futility is my maiden name
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Futility is my maiden name

Wife added more to the to do list huh buddy?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    jylw9ma6et8n.png
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    My trip to Chicago at the end of the month. I'm excited to meet my new nephew.

Your brother is having another kid?!

I'm curious to know who you are. I didn't mention it was my brother having a kid...not only that, you asked if he was having "another" kid. You have a really good memory as I shared that long time ago and I'm not gonna lie it kinda creeped me out.

I know.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    jylw9ma6et8n.png

qualitatively identical

what she said but with less smart words
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    My trip to Chicago at the end of the month. I'm excited to meet my new nephew.

Your brother is having another kid?!

I'm curious to know who you are. I didn't mention it was my brother having a kid...not only that, you asked if he was having "another" kid. You have a really good memory as I shared that long time ago and I'm not gonna lie it kinda creeped me out.

I know.

Of course you would know! Tell me!!! Lol
  • cee134
    jylw9ma6et8n.png

If it has no original parts it is a replica. If it has all the original parts, yet is put back together, it's still more original then any replica.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    jylw9ma6et8n.png

I like!! Fun idea!
    Don't know that you're looking for an answer...but one came to me, 'cause y'know I'm literal and shiit!

The restored is not the original, even with the preserved original parts...it's been changed out with replicas and then had its intrinsic "parts" rejoined to itself...it's not of what it was born, and the change is influential...to what degree? Probably varies. Individual.

...deep thoughts will ensue now for me, but that is my first thought!

Thank-you for the interesting thought...for me to be (possibly) taking on a tangent!
    ...which I love, love to do!!
  • cee134
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    jylw9ma6et8n.png

I like!! Fun idea!
    Don't know that you're looking for an answer...but one came to me, 'cause y'know I'm literal and shiit!

The restored is not the original, even with the preserved original parts...it's been changed out with replicas and then had its intrinsic "parts" rejoined to itself...it's not of what it was born, and the change is influential...to what degree? Probably varies. Individual.

Thank-you for the interesting thought...for me to be (possibly) taking on a tangent!

I.E. it is now a replica.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    jylw9ma6et8n.png

I like!! Fun idea!

the question doesn't matter to me overly much.
    the answers other people give do.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    What's the definition of the ship? If its defined as a collection of individual parts than removing even a single screw would mean it isn't original. If it's a sum of it's parts then it's the same ship. A ship is an interesting example too, it would have a narrative, it's own history. Maybe an answer could be as it was being used as originally intended repair and maintenance are expected so therefore it would be the same ship even if every plank was replaced.
  • cee134
    This_far wrote: »
    What's the definition of the ship? If its defined as a collection of individual parts than removing even a single screw would mean it isn't original. If it's a sum of it's parts then it's the same ship. A ship is an interesting example too, it would have a narrative, it's own history. Maybe an answer could be as it was being used as originally intended repair and maintenance are expected so therefore it would be the same ship even if every plank was replaced.

If you replace every single part in your smart phone, is it still your original smart phone?

If I replaced every single part in a 1966 Ford GT40 with newer parts would it be the same car? The original car?

5l3hmjent1la.jpg
    A 1968 Ford GT40 racing car speeds down an open road. The car was used as a camera car for the 1971 Steve McQueen movie "Le Mans." It sold for $11 million.

The Ford GT40 was built as a way for Henry Ford II to beat Ferrari at Le Mans after Enzo Ferrari backed out of a deal with Ford.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member

If you replace every single part in your smart phone, is it still your original smart phone?

If I replaced every single part in a 1966 Ford GT40 with newer parts would it be the same car? The original car?

5l3hmjent1la.jpg
    A 1968 Ford GT40 racing car speeds down an open road. The car was used as a camera car for the 1971 Steve McQueen movie "Le Mans." It sold for $11 million.

The Ford GT40 was built as a way for Henry Ford II to beat Ferrari at Le Mans after Enzo Ferrari backed out of a deal with Ford.

Yep and he handed Ferrari his *kitten* with a 1-2-3 win
  • This_far

5l3hmjent1la.jpg

If you stopped making payments on your car loan and the bank came to reposses it would you argue it wasn't the same car?
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Sometimes I stay up late just to try and delay the coming of the following day, even though I know that not getting enough sleep is really bad for me
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Sometimes I stay up late just to try and delay the coming of the following day, even though I know that not getting enough sleep is really bad for me

At the end of the day, when I have "me time", I never want it to end....even tho I know I know my next day will suffer with my late nights, I'm a zombie all morning, every day.

Can't help living like this one may be my last...kinda wish I could
  • This_far

5l3hmjent1la.jpg

If I get a heart transplant am I the same person, probably.
    If I get my heart broken am I the same person, probably not