• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Machka ~ The lady I talked to about the heating bill said he paid by check but didn't know which bank the check came from. I know that he uses two or three different banks so we need to try to get into his computer again to see if we can figure it out. I am sure that he paid by check through his bank online and not by a written check.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • beadowl
    beadowl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Margaret. I think your letter is excellent. Good luck!🌸
    Beach ladies. Your pics look so lovely, keep posting they make me smile.😀
    Carol Everyone I’ve met with knee replacements (I’ve met a lot of them have been avoiding surgery for years) tell me the stretches and exercises are the key to recovery. Hard, but think of long term goal. 🏆
    Grandmaille. Sorry, misunderstood. Got it now. My heart goes out to you.💓

Busy beaver with paperwork. Then I start the big declutter; I noticed several of you have done or are doing. I’ve got to deal with 60 yrs of parents stuff. Then my own stuff. Your posts are motivating because I do not relish this task. I get distracted: tv, computer, mailman, visiting & chatting with friends, running errands, anything but reorganizing and decluttering.🤪

My weight loss strategy: avoid the numbers. I will obsess over - up a couple of pounds today, down a couple tomorrow. Only weigh in at my fam dr, once every 3 months. Scales have gone to Goodwill. Preserves my sanity.🦉
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)beadowl, my mother died in 1991 and we moved into her house. It took us ten years to finally finish dealing with all the stuff we put in storage. Now, this many years later, I am at the last box of papers and photos. One of the technique I use is something I learned from Gretchen Rubin's book "Happier at Home". She calls it "suffer for fifteen minutes". With difficult and emotional projects I work for only fifteen minutes and then go on to other things. Fifteen minutes a day can add up to a lot paper clearing if practiced daily.

:)Allie, thanks for sharing about watching Joyce in the morning. I have a spiritual practice in the morning that includes writing in a gratitude journal and reading something that fits my beliefs and I never miss it because it makes my day go so much better. It doesn't take long but the rewards are huge in how I conduct myself and how I react to life.

:)Heather, I am in awe of your great run today.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Yvonne--Happy to see you post. Sorry about your fall and I understand how you feel. Lately I really feel old and tired.
    Carol--Hugs and prayers for you and DH and DBIL.
    Beautiful day again and I am planning a walk with the two fur puppies when I get off work. I do hope this means Spring is here to stay.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies I had a post and poof there it went...
    anyway went for bloodwork came back and got ice cream in DFIL and that was that.. then walked the dogs and came back and picked Alfie up and took him to my friends house, we were planning on taking them for a walk but left to get my hair done and Patty had her neighbor dog over so Alfie had a blast.. as soon as my girlfriend put color in my hair the hospice nurse called, and I had to meet her at 1.. so after my hair had to pick up Alfie and get home.. and of course I got to nursing home and she was running late.. but anyway.. its all done and dusted..very hard signing the DNR but it needed to be done...
    came home and tried sitting outside for a few minutes Alfie would have none of it, so I made some taco meat for tomorrows lunch..will go down for dinner and got him some chef boyardee mini spaghetti and meatballs and will hopefully get that in him...
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is International Guide Dog Day!

For all the good doggies out there: "Today is International Guide Dog Day! This day celebrates the importance of guide dogs and how they help the blind and visually impaired live their daily lives. Guide dogs are carefully trained to avoid obstacles, access public transportation, cross roads safely, and other daily tasks to help their handlers’ specific needs. Did you know that Guide Dogs of America trains 70% Labrador retrievers, 15% Golden Retrievers, and 15% German Shepherds for their guide dogs? Once the dogs complete their formal 2-year training, they are matched with a blind or visually impaired student based on size, lifestyle, energy level, and personalities of both the student and dog to form a happy relationship."

Terri - Thank you for the motivational couplets!

Rori - By helicopter sounds like a marvelous way to see Hoover Dam. Be sure to get pictures of yourselves standing in four states at the same time!

Karen - I make pupsicles for our kids in the summer and they love them! I usually mix peanut butter and/banana with plain yogurt.

Allie - I agree with you... hospice was a time of peace to say goodbye. Hard as that was, I think it was good for all of us, including Mom and Dad.

Margaret - What a mess with your son... I'm so sorry it went like that. I understand that officers need to be ready for situations that place them in danger, but all too often it seems like the procedures meant to protect them just exacerbate the problem and make it more likely that someone will get hurt.

Yikes, we have a big thunderstorm moving in fast so I'd better shut down the computer now. Hope it doesn't hail.

Boop your dogs!

-Yvonne in TX
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Allie, I signed a DNR order when my dad was in the hospital. Yes, it was hard, but he just had nothing left, so it really was the kinder thing to do. He had already buried so much family, and he lost his last sibling, his baby sister, just seven weeks prior to his passing. I was actually kind of surprised that he lasted that long. Losing his sister was the final straw for him. You are doing the best you can for him. I'm surprised Tom left town, he must have known or at least suspected, that his dad was on the decline. But, we can't put off our own lives either, so he made his choice. He's so lucky to have you still involved in his dad's life, lucky that his dad is a great guy too, if he was a miserable cuss all the time, chances are you would have washed your hands of him long ago!
    Terri, that poem was brilliant!
    Tracy (snowflake), I love the jackets! especially the one you made for your grandson! Need that in bigger sizes for hubby and adult boys....
    Machka and Heather and others recovering from ailments and falls, hope you are turning the corner and feeling better soon!
    Once again, many things that I wanted to comment on, but at work so can't really have MFP open in two screens...
    The scale has not been kind, I know why, way too much chocolate over Easter, but it's all gone now, and the sugar high is also gone. The cravings on the other hand.... I also got lazy about the gym, but have started back, today is day 4 in a row, so feeling better about that.
    Went out last weekend and bought a couple of whole beef tenderloins as they were on sale. Also bought a "club" size pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and one of ground beef. Cut the tenderloins into roasts, stewing beef and stir fry beef, the chickens into stir fry sized pieces and made chili with the ground beef. Had to get as much of the fat off the beef and the chicken thighs too. Kind of messy, but kind of cathartic in some ways, don't know how to explain it, just felt good. Binge watched Perry Mason episodes while doing it all! Also made stew and borscht. Did most of the cooking on Monday and was just knackered (love that word!!) at the end of the day. But, now there is a good assortment of food in the freezer that I know is friendlier for me and is just heat and eat, or easily turned into something. I also have done up a bunch of containers for our son, daughter in law and grandson. She is quite pregnant and on next to bed rest, so I thought if I could do up some meals for them it would take some pressure off my son. And I enjoy doing it, so it's all good. Borscht for dinner tonight, working til 6, so usually it would be at least 7 before we would be eating, might make it by 6:30 or so tonight! lol
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Hugs to those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Bless his heart he at the spaghetti and meatballs ,mashed and gravy and 2 glasses of root beer... we will keep on truckin
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.13min, 13.2amph, 136mhr, 1.58mi= 74c
    TREADMILL jog- 11.36min, 9.16min mi, 6.4-6.8sp, 136ahr, 175mhr, 1.25mi= 130c
    ARM DIP/CHIN UP ASSIST MACHINE- 18.55,1st of 10ea w/55# assist, thenr 1st 10ea of 2 diff standing floor exercises, then 1st of 10ea, 2 diff floor exercises, on ground. repeat 4 times, 145mhr= 143c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.27min, 148mhr, PERSONAL RECORD-19.7amph, 1.46mi= 72c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.33min, 12.5amph, 146mhr,3.03mi= 146c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.54min, 9.30min mi, 153mhr, .51mi= 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.18min, 9.29min mi, 151mhr, .51mi= 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.39min, 8.9amph, 149mhr, 2.61mi= 184c

total cal 861
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Sorry ....seems I didn’t get them right,so you could choose. Pat in Ohio
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Home from Vegas. Exhausted.
    More walking than I am used to. Back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Karen in BC
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Can’t wait for May’s posts! I just rejoined MFP 3 days ago!