• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    What if Frank was on the right path, but he just put the box in the wrong configuration?

in the book the Lament configuration is a bit different. it's a box that dissassembles completely. the Schism opens. they come through. they can't leave until they take whoever called them. then it's implied they reassemble the box to close the Schism on their way out. so there's really only one way to do it.

Ugh don't ruin my brain exercise for the day with your logic, I should have known that. I started the book then THOUGHT i finished it based on seeing the movie; wasn't til I went back to re-read it that I realized I'd never actually finished it the first time

well fwiw i think Clive considers the movie version the true version anyhow. the scarlet gospels seems to support that idea as well considering the hell priest in it is much more like the doug bradley version instead of the OG book version

That makes a lotta sense

Still gonna call it the Lemarchand configuration on my head for the rest of my life, even if it's super wrong. In other news, I'm hoping to score a CD of Doug Bradley reading some old Lovecraft stories this upcoming weekend.

I guess that's what's on my mind now

oh man- there's this old audio drama (not "book" you know, like this has got fully acted parts by different actors) out there of Stephen King's Salem's Lot, and Doug Bradley voices the master vampire Barlow and he is terrifying in it. highly recommend.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    What if Frank was on the right path, but he just put the box in the wrong configuration?

in the book the Lament configuration is a bit different. it's a box that dissassembles completely. the Schism opens. they come through. they can't leave until they take whoever called them. then it's implied they reassemble the box to close the Schism on their way out. so there's really only one way to do it.

Ugh don't ruin my brain exercise for the day with your logic, I should have known that. I started the book then THOUGHT i finished it based on seeing the movie; wasn't til I went back to re-read it that I realized I'd never actually finished it the first time

well fwiw i think Clive considers the movie version the true version anyhow. the scarlet gospels seems to support that idea as well considering the hell priest in it is much more like the doug bradley version instead of the OG book version

That makes a lotta sense

Still gonna call it the Lemarchand configuration on my head for the rest of my life, even if it's super wrong. In other news, I'm hoping to score a CD of Doug Bradley reading some old Lovecraft stories this upcoming weekend.

oh man- there's this old audio drama (not "book" you know, like this has got fully acted parts by different actors) out there of Stephen King's Salem's Lot, and Doug Bradley voices the master vampire Barlow and he is terrifying in it. highly recommend.

I'll look it up. You ever listen to Boris Karloff's "The Vampire Sleeps?" It's like, 5 minutes...highly recommend it (hope I got the title right, my memory isn't worth much)
  • iMago
    Options

That makes a lotta sense

I'll look it up. You ever listen to Boris Karloff's "The Vampire Sleeps?" It's like, 5 minutes...highly recommend it (hope I got the title right, my memory isn't worth much)

never heard of it'll check it out though next chance i get
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Honestly? The gym. I am so ready to get out of work so I can go and get it done.
  • _impressive_
    _impressive_ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Chocolate popsicles and beer would make a good combo, wouldn't they?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Chocolate popsicles and beer would make a good combo, wouldn't they?

Mmhmm
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options

That makes a lotta sense

never heard of it'll check it out though next chance i get

The Salems Lot radio drama is available on YouTube. Hope it's the same one
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    I hear a cat purring, but
    there's no cat nearby

<ghost cats>
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dont know where to start.. to say..

All I can say is it's like a whole lot of paint tins tipped over .. it's a mess in the process of the clean up..

Soon theres going to be a new day , new life and clarity we can all shine together 🌝🌝🌝

(Court hearing today; Breakaway from 20 years toxic relationship)
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »

All I can say is it's like a whole lot of paint tins tipped over .. it's a mess in the process of the clean up..

Soon theres going to be a new day , new life and clarity we can all shine together 🌝🌝🌝

You're right, things may be a bit messy now but it'll get better. Keep taking those steps, keep moving forward!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »

You're right, things may be a bit messy now but it'll get better. Keep taking those steps, keep moving forward!

Thanks Reck!🤗🤗 your awesome!.. guys like u keep our chins from scraping on the ground.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Work. I have been so busy this past two weeks that all I can think of is how to catch up so I can be lazy at work again, I mean not rushed...
  • iMago
    Options