WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Barbie for getting us going on the new month. You are a Blessings to me, this group is. I did not do the best in April as I ended up 1 pound. New month and going to do better.

Heather-Sorry to hear about your friend, Sending hugs and prayers for both of you.

Katiebug-I like your inner voice and the writing you do to turn things around. I will work on that. Thanks.

Michele-Ithing the Halloween webbs colored black would look good.

KJ-Friends like that are hard to fine, but bring such joy. My friend Sam that had the bad stroke last year is my BF. That is part of what I am having to learn because she does remember who I am just not a lot about the past. Yet the next time I see her she does remember and we laugh. Makes it hard, but I go see her as often as I can and grateful for her.

New month, New start. We can do this.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,710 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well been running around on my day off, but its a good running around, DFIL having none of it this morning except for 2 ice creams. this afternoon he did eat some penne ala vodka, that I chopped up for him, not a ton but did well 3 root beers 2 that he drank on his own..the Dr took him off the trazodone that was having him in a stuper for morning and afternoon and cutting the nighttime dose down and will reassess next week.. without it, he is more alert looking around will say one or 2 words but got a phrase or 2 out at lunch... so that is a bit of progress.. also met the hospice nurse and the aide.. who will come in 3 times a week.. all of them just lovely...
    off to take some clothes to consignment and then to pick up a chair... and then out to a yummy dinner ..
    will catch up later...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    ippcs50zyo4y.jpeg
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Shari - Nicely done! You sound both motivated AND disciplined.

Just thought I'd stop in and share this for those like me, who indulge in work when we ought to be exercising. It's less than two minutes long, and reminds me of what someone, can't remember which of our "K's" it was, had to say about "flipping" the situation. Might help! Couldn't hurt, for sure. Plus, he's one of my favorite authors. :smiley:

https://pinkadmin.wistia.com/medias/3k9ajkkxqz?wtime=0

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this Barbie! My plan for May is very simple: keep up the tracking and eating healthier! I’m hoping to get heavier ankle weights since mine are getting too light. I’m good with working out, it’s the food part has been a problem 🧐
    I’m very busy taking care of my family with my husband and daughter being disabled. Exercise is my stress reliever - I am glad to be back to tracking my calories again.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Refreshing my goals and log into the over 50 page to find excellent encouragement. Thank-you everyone!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    9683jw0cjn1w.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.10min, 13.3amph, 139mhr, 1.59mi= 54c
    apple watch- 67c
    TREADMILL walk- 30min, 3-7.5incl, 3.5-4.0sp, 108mhr, 2.01mi= 77c
    apple watch- 187c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.47min, 136mhr, 18.5amph, 1.47mi= 42c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.35min, 12.5amph, 144mhr,3.03mi= 145c
    apple watch- 120c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.49min, 145mhr, 9.25min mi.51mi= 55c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta, Windy! - 4.30min, 9.45min mi, 143mhr, .45mi= 48c
    apple watch- 73c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, WINDY!!!- 20.59min, 7.5mph, 156mhr, 2.61mi= 138c-
    apple watch- 216c

total cal 785
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    X-rays showed two bi-lateral fractures (each ankle) and a broken 5th metatarsal (left foot). The person who called with the news told me I'd need to have both ankles in splints for 6-8 weeks, and shouldn't drive myself. I got an appointment today and used Uber to get there and back. The PA did some tests pressing on the sites of the fractures, and NOTHING hurt. She thinks that the right ankle injury is a sprain, and I can get away with a boot just on the left foot. The broken toe seems to be the injury of most concern. I am elated. Six to 8 weeks in a boot won't be a picnic, but at least I can get around and drive. Won't go crazy, but did get the green light to use recumbent bike on a light resistance. Woot!

Take care friends. Choose joy.

Rori
    SMILING and breathing a sigh of relief in the
    Colorado Foothills

Glad to hear it isn't as bad as it might have been and good news about the recumbent bike!

M in Oz