Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options

JFT Goals 5/11
    Stay on plan and log
    Get workout in
    Get some yard work and gardening done
    AF
    Get the grocery shopping done and do NOT deviate from the list
    Take a few minutes to just enjoy the nice day without worrying about or doing work

Wrapping up my day!

fully on plan and logged👍🏻
    Workout done first thing and currently ticking in at 11500 steps👊🏻🏃🏻‍♀️💪🏻
    Yard work not done-bit too windy and still muddy🌷🌷🌷
    AF day 6 and feeling great 🍷🍹🍺❌❌❌
    Grocery shopping done and all of the healthy meal prep for the week is complete - stayed the course at the store🥦🥒🥑🥕
    Even managed an afternoon nap💆🏻‍♀️

I feel really happy with myself and my day. I hope everyone out there is doing fantastic as well!

Until tomorrow!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I made this for Michaela to give Lauryn for Mother’s Day. Lauryn opened it and said that she doesn’t think they make coffee strong enough. Michaela made and designed the frame herself including picking out the picture to print. That will be opened tomorrow.vsm7szdxx4rk.jpeg
    ucm3d6sobd81.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I made this for Michaela to give Lauryn for Mother’s Day. Lauryn opened it and said that she doesn’t think they make coffee strong enough. Michaela made and designed the frame herself including picking out the picture to print. That will be opened tomorrow.vsm7szdxx4rk.jpeg
    ucm3d6sobd81.jpeg

So lovely! You’re such a good grandma! Happy Mother’s Day to all celebrating today x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Having a shaky start today after a big fright last night. At around 11:30 I was still up so went downstairs to make a tea and could hear a helicopter really close by. We have a stadium not too far away so I wondered if it was a film crew but then realised it was too late. Walked into the kitchen and saw a load of people with torch lights in my back garden and the helicopter was just over my house! Then I made out that one was a woman and she was shouting that she was police. She wanted to come in. I was terrified! She had a massive Alsatian dog with her. She told me that my neighbour’s house had just been broken into. The burglars had got away but she asked if she and the dog could come through my house rather than go back over the fence. I tried to get my cat out of the way but he got scared and scratched me then ran away. The dog was going nuts and all I could think about was the kids asleep upstairs.

All fine in the end but it just made me feel really vulnerable. Not nice.

I’m ok this morning. The sun is shining and the kids slept through the whole debacle. Just done a workout and determined to have a positive day. But i do sometimes wish I weren’t the only adult in the house! Little things like failing electrics or broken appliances, and then big things like this can make me feel a bit overwhelmed by it all being on my shoulders...

Sorry to vent, on to goals!

Saturday goals recap:
    - get kids up and ready to go to my parents ✅
    - Warrior class 10:45 ✅
    - groceries ✅
    - head to parents place ✅
    - laundry ✅ and start cleaning ✅
    - kids homework ✅
    - movie night with kids ❎ we couldn’t find one we all liked and they wanted to do different things 🤷🏻‍♀️
    - bed by 10 ❎ gone midnight after all the excitement/terror 😕

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout
    - walk or jog to cafe for brunch with the kids
    - finish and put away laundry
    - finish cleaning
    - tidy garden and front steps
    - mow lawn
    - read invigilator guidance
    - bed by 9
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Saturday
    - Sleep in a little :smiley:
    - Laundry :smiley: started
    - Downstairs floors :smiley: you see every dog hair on the new floors
    - Iron Vs outfit :smiley:
    - Clean bathrooms :smiley:
    - Take V to her audition :smiley:
    - Try to clean dog hair out of hubby’s car :smiley: Took forever
    - Check in on S race today :smiley: She qualified for finals
    - Go to my mom’s and do a few things for her :smiley: She wanted me to take pictures of her dogs. That did not go well, but the other stuff was ok
    - Pick up V :neutral: sort of. I had her catch a ride with a friend to the birthday party, but I did get her after the party
    - Continue Laundry :smiley: All done and folded.
    - Dinner to stay green :smiley: Just barely, but the bacon was worth it.

JFT Mother’s Day

- Up early to get to crew meet before kiddo rows. :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley: 131.6 sigh...
    - Text my mom and wish her a Happy Mother’s Day :smiley:
    - Leave house by 6:15 :smiley:
    - Cheer for my girl who got moved up to the varsity quad
    - Lunch <300
    - hang cures n the kitchen
    - Separate laundry so everyone can put stuff away
    - Dinner, stay in the green.
    - Set clothes out for gym tomorrow morning
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive Thought: As tumultuous as my relationship with my mother has been, I glad I still have her to talk to.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @Faebert That sounds terrifying! I imagine that anyone would feel vulnerable after that, especially if you're there on your own. Big hugs.

Happy Mothers day to all of you who are Moms! And to those of you struggling with this day bc you've lost a child or a Mom, or you're struggling to become a Mom, big hugs to you. I know this day can be bittersweet for many. I had many years of struggling to become a Mom and this was a tough day for me. Been many years since that but I remember. Anyway, hope those of you who enjoy this day have a lovely day (or had one if it's evening/tomorrow where you are!).

Yesterday was a lot of fun but now I'm hungover! B) Had a night at home with hubby while kids were at grandparents and we basically ate delicious food and drank too much wine. It was lovely. Only a few days until my vacation so yesterday was fun but I have three days left to work hard and then fun and some relaxation. I'm nervous that I'll gain weight so truly my goal is only to not gain, don't expect to lose but definitely don't want to gain.

Anyhoo yesterday-JFT 5/11
    Eat for fuel breakfast/lunch- :)
    Eat for joy/dinner but stay within calories :) / >:)
    Mindful eating :)
    Exercise- 45 minutes running :| Did 30 minutes but was so sore I had to stop.

JFT 5/12
    Yoga-30 minutes
    Swimming 30 minutes
    Stay within calories
    Eat Mindfully
    Be present with family, no rushing/working during brunch
    Laundry/finish packing

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Update JFT by 8:00. Leave for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Eval research. Zumba.
    3. Dishes? Finish essay. Read to D. SUBMIT. Choose a recipe. Update grocery list. Send D to butcher.
    4. Library - return book and pick up holds. Birthday dinner! Lang8 post?
    5. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:40.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Finish essay and submit.
    3. Long run: 9 miles. UGH.
    4. Juice bar. Parents.
    5. Write a blog post. Read 10 pages each of new books. Add to Goodreads. Lang8 post.
    6. Review plans. Update first directions. Update class websites. Take chicken out for Monday with roasted potatoes and carrots.
    7. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia??? House Mgr Friday.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Trying not to be too discouraged, but my weight is hovering at the same spot and it's just ... well, it's not encouraging, that's for sure. There's just so much going on and I don't want to give up and I know logging is the issue but I'm tired ALL THE TIME and I don't know how to fit everything in.
    Positive thought: I can do it. It's not impossible. *sigh*
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys yes! We discovered a super quaint epimedium nursery in the center of our new home town!

JFT Sat
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. 1 water per hour at work ✔
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. No candy at work! ✔
    5. Cook dinner at home ✔
    6. QT with DH ✔
    7. Take opk ✔
    8. Fill/run dishwasher ✔
    9. One chore - maybe pick up the back deck ✔ ✔ ✔
    10. Put away clothes ✔
    11. One load of laundry ✔

JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Empty dishwasher
    4. Make coffee
    5. Dog vet clinic at 4
    6. Call mom
    7. Be nice
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Happy mother's day to all you super mom's!!! Love you all!
  • Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. Whether this is a happy day or a sad day for you know someone out there in the world is sending you all of the positive vibes and wishing you the greatest of days.

JFT for me for 5/12
    Active recovery yoga (done already)

Stay on plan and do not overeat when visiting my folks for Mother’s Day lunch. It’s just casual - the place we are going specializes in giant sandwiches. But like one sandwich is pretty much made on an entire loaf of bread. For me this means whole wheat, half sandwich (and only eat half of it - I’m telling you these things are huge), water or unsweetened tea and no fries. The one I get is hummus sprouts spinach tomato avocado and bacon so I’m not sweating the actual sandwich fixing - just the size and bread and temptation of the fries.

Get all of our breakfasts and lunches prepped in containers for the week

AF day 7
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday May 11 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - -🙂
    Plank Challenge - 20 squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Something on commercials - 👿
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - Sunday May 12- DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I feel so much better today. I have been running on fumes since Friday. I went to bed at 11 last night and woke up at 915. I don’t remember waking up through the night at all.

I was so tired after the kids left last night but I wanted to get a walk on so I forced myself to go. My pace was about 2 minutes slower than normal, my legs hurt and I was tired so I changed my route and only did 4 Kms. I’m pretty proud that I did it at all. If I hadn’t have decided to have a chocolate bar as a second evening snack I would have been in the green.

Today Kaitlyn and Brodey are coming out to make supper for me. Steak, potatoes and salad. I think I’ll wash some laundry and go to the laundromat to dry it this afternoon, and I need to hide all of the bachelorette crafts before Kaitlyn arrives.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 - good for your DH to apologize and for your Mother understanding.
    That lesson of reaction vs control is a really important lesson to learn. I am doing it much later in life than you. My downfall is for household things hubby won’t take control and expects me to do it, so my reaction is not always the best.

HeGoddard0928 - I hope Matt gets some answers and fixes soon.

Zizzybumble - that’s a good attitude to have, I may have been inclined to zoom right on by anything without posting goals. Although, I have them in my mind everyday.

Bex953172 - getting the house in order always helps me. Don’t overdo it and take it all on at once though.

Faebert- that would have been quite a scare. I remember when Rodger drive truck, all of that responsibility was overwhelming at times. I don’t know how single moms do it and so many do it well. Hugs to you, you’re doing it!

Nlmackey98- Happy Mother’s Day.

Korina75- well said about Mother’s Day so bittersweet for so many. Happy Mother’s Day to you too.
    It sounds like you had a perfect evening.

Clicketykeys - Hugs to you. What about trying to log just one meal a day to start with? It might help ease the struggle. I guesstimate a lot of my logging and weigh occasionally to see if I’m over/under and I’m usually pretty close.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

Well, apparently, I was wrong. I managed five miles, not nine. Three of them were walking. But if that's all I can do, it's all I can do. There will be other opportunities to run :P

So, yes. Impossible.

For now. ;)

@Snowflake1968 - Logging is only part of the issue. The more significant part is that, in the moment, I want to eat The Thing more than I want to lose more weight. And it's not like I'm tanking up on junk food. But it's enough that I'm not losing.
    @AJB1014 - I hope we get to see pictures :)
    @Faebert - YIKES! I'm glad things worked out for you. Is your neighbor okay?! :(
    @korina75 - Sounds like a lovely evening :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in here! I have to be quick and keep it short but I hope you all have a lovely day!

Yesterday 5/11:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Buy mother's day gift😁
    5. Do workout😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Buy groceries😁

JFT 5/12:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within 1600 calories
    3. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
  • Faebert
    Options

Well, apparently, I was wrong. I managed five miles, not nine. Three of them were walking. But if that's all I can do, it's all I can do. There will be other opportunities to run :P

So, yes. Impossible.

For now. ;)

@Snowflake1968 - Logging is only part of the issue. The more significant part is that, in the moment, I want to eat The Thing more than I want to lose more weight. And it's not like I'm tanking up on junk food. But it's enough that I'm not losing.
    @AJB1014 - I hope we get to see pictures :)
    @Faebert - YIKES! I'm glad things worked out for you. Is your neighbor okay?! :(
    @korina75 - Sounds like a lovely evening :)

@clicketykeys @snowflake1968 @korina75 thank you. Am over the scare now! Luckily the neighbours were away so nobody hurt, but their back doors were smashed in apparently. Kind of hoping it was a professional job and the culprits had been watching and knew the house was empty as mine rarely is at night! It’s also a much nicer house than mine so selfishly I guess I can be grateful for my inferior property 😬
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @clicketykeys - That makes so much sense to me, I was that way all Winter. I think you are just exhausted emotionally and physically, you have had such a stressful school year. I don’t know if it’s always been there s way, but it seems to me like last year wasn’t as tough for you. Maybe you need to just get through the school year and reset this summer. Don’t beat yourself up for the next month.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/12
    Yoga-30 minutes :(
    Swimming 30 minutes :)
    Stay within calories :)
    Eat Mindfully :)
    Be present with family, no rushing/working during brunch :)
    Laundry/finish packing 😭

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 13 May

Time to get serious again. Ou visitors leave today and I am 3 kg above the middle of my maintenance target. Some of that is a result of yesterday's birthday celebrations but there has also been a gradual gain over the last fortnight.

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    Aim for 5 fruit and veg (may need to go shopping)
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge
    February evening challenge
    March walking challenge
    April positivity challenge
    May activity challenge
  • Faebert
    Options
    Morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend. Lovely sunshine here today - shame I have to sit in a classroom invigilating exams today!

Heading off shortly so quickly posting goals..

So goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - walk or jog to cafe for brunch with the kids ✅
    - finish ✅ and put away laundry ✅
    - finish cleaning ✅
    - tidy garden and front steps ✅
    - mow lawn ✅
    - read invigilator guidance ✅
    - bed by 9❎

Monday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snacks, milk, bags for school ✅