Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• blainsgainsblainsgains Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Serious for a second:
    - Realizing that it wasn't my weight that was making me unhappy. There was something broken in my head. Once I fixed that, I was able to start losing the weight. I had to learn to love myself so that I could lose weight, instead of losing weight so that I could love myself.

This, this, this. I'd also taken the habit of trying to seek 'stress blame' and not just accepting that there were changes that needed to be made inside rather than outside. Still got a long way to go here, but definitely on the way up!
    edited May 6
  • Roza42Roza42 Posts: 153Member Member Posts: 153Member Member

8) your sex drive goes through the roof. As does your anxiety level because there is literally NOTHING you can do to calm things down. I have tried everything I can think of and none of it works.... it really is frustrating.

For both I go up the stairs at work. Good days its 32 flights, bad days as high as 45. And to help sleep I lift for about an hour and a half 3x a week and walk every night. Helps that I get to eat more too.
  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 6,954Member Member Posts: 6,954Member Member
  • BattyKnitterBattyKnitter Posts: 502Member Member Posts: 502Member Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I love wrapping my hand around my wrist to check how much weight I've lost in a traditionally "bony" area. Used to be I could only just barely touch finger to thumb, but now I can easily get a grip around my wrist. I kind of obsessively do it when I don't have something else to do with my hands and I wonder if my coworkers think I'm weird during meetings haha.

OHMYGODS

...I have just experimented and discovered that I can wrap my thumb and pinky finger around my wrist. Easily.
    I had no idea that was a thing.

Along related lines, definitely nobody told me that my necklaces would become unwearable with half of my outfits. I've somehow gone from needing extension chains on some of them to having even 16" chains dangling irritatingly low on most clothes. Who knew that you could store that much fat on your neck?!

This! When I took my before measurements I was wondering why the heck I should measure my neck since there probably won't be much change there. Really happy I did anyways because I lost 1.5 inches around my neck!
  • bobshuckleberrybobshuckleberry Posts: 256Member Member Posts: 256Member Member
    Your boobs become half their previous size...just saying