Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• BattyKnitterBattyKnitter Posts: 503Member Member Posts: 503Member Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I love wrapping my hand around my wrist to check how much weight I've lost in a traditionally "bony" area. Used to be I could only just barely touch finger to thumb, but now I can easily get a grip around my wrist. I kind of obsessively do it when I don't have something else to do with my hands and I wonder if my coworkers think I'm weird during meetings haha.

OHMYGODS

...I have just experimented and discovered that I can wrap my thumb and pinky finger around my wrist. Easily.
    I had no idea that was a thing.

Along related lines, definitely nobody told me that my necklaces would become unwearable with half of my outfits. I've somehow gone from needing extension chains on some of them to having even 16" chains dangling irritatingly low on most clothes. Who knew that you could store that much fat on your neck?!

This! When I took my before measurements I was wondering why the heck I should measure my neck since there probably won't be much change there. Really happy I did anyways because I lost 1.5 inches around my neck!
  • bobshuckleberrybobshuckleberry Posts: 281Member Member Posts: 281Member Member
    Your boobs become half their previous size...just saying
  • MexicangreensalsaMexicangreensalsa Posts: 287Member Member Posts: 287Member Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I love wrapping my hand around my wrist to check how much weight I've lost in a traditionally "bony" area. Used to be I could only just barely touch finger to thumb, but now I can easily get a grip around my wrist. I kind of obsessively do it when I don't have something else to do with my hands and I wonder if my coworkers think I'm weird during meetings haha.

OHMYGODS

...I have just experimented and discovered that I can wrap my thumb and pinky finger around my wrist. Easily.
    I had no idea that was a thing.

Along related lines, definitely nobody told me that my necklaces would become unwearable with half of my outfits. I've somehow gone from needing extension chains on some of them to having even 16" chains dangling irritatingly low on most clothes. Who knew that you could store that much fat on your neck?!

I never knew some people couldn't do this with ther wrists.
  • motivatedmarthamotivatedmartha Posts: 1,078Member Member Posts: 1,078Member Member
    I know that maintenance requires continued vigilance. What nobody tells you is that other people think that once you've lost weight you somehow don't need to worry about exercise and healthy eating. Your "diet" is over in their mind. It's frustrating because the same people that were understanding about diet and exercise habits while I was losing weight now think I'm "obsessive" by having the same habits during maintenance. I realize it's taking them time to adjust to the new me.

So True!!!