40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Bodyopus
    Bodyopus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I just turned 40 two days ago and I’m still not ready to accept it.
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello Cool Cats... Turning 41 next Month and loving the 40's....

Found BJJ last year and it has transformed my life.... Don't turn your back on me HA HA

Struggle a bit with nutrition at the moment, so would appreciate some guidance...

I am def not trying to lose weight, my goals are to gain lean muscle and some weight and just have optimal better health and fitness.

Oss!
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wish I could say I'm 40 or 41 ... I'm 60 in a few weeks. :sad:

I don't have huge losses to make ... for me it's more about loosing the acquired belly fat and feeling fitter and gaining some knowledgeable like minded friends.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power”=Done!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 24! 115#!
  • Integrity_life
    Integrity_life Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    42... usually 40 mins cycling per day, 100 push ups min. everyday and 6000 steps....plus resistence bands instead of weights 3 days a week for a change up.
    Gotta stay on top of my game!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight Round 1”=Done!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Found BJJ last year and it has transformed my life.... Don't turn your back on me HA HA

Struggle a bit with nutrition at the moment, so would appreciate some guidance...

I am def not trying to lose weight, my goals are to gain lean muscle and some weight and just have optimal better health and fitness.

Oss!

Welcome! BJJ BB under Bart Smith (Rigan Machado) Gaining some lean muscle and a little weight is totally doable. Happy help out if I can.

47glgfpkvzc9.png
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Good stuff happening here as usual. Love reading the posts.

Feeling a bit like a caged animal, since I'm in the " not really sore, yet not healthy enough to resume training" phase of injury rehab. The one thing I can do is swim, so I joined a masters swim class in hopes of improving my swim technique.

I'm also getting to practice yoga twice a week, which I"m told is kind of funny to watch. :)
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »

Oss!

Welcome! BJJ BB under Bart Smith (Rigan Machado) Gaining some lean muscle and a little weight is totally doable. Happy help out if I can.

47glgfpkvzc9.png

Help would be appreciated, it seems like bjj burns calories like crazy and I.cant keep up
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse”=Done this morning...
    ...THEN!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 25! “The Kraken”!!! 60#! 874 total reps. Started strong beating last round ‘s numbers, then was struggling to Mach them. Just gonna lay here on the floor now and practice “Alpha try not to die”. If I roll just a little and stretch...I think I can reach the PS4 controller from here...🤔
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    jrose6197 wrote: »
    Just looking to join now. 42 from central California and Im -5lbs into a 30lb goal. Can use all the support and motivation I can get.
    Does anyone use peloton? I’ve been working out at home with the app and love it but could use some tips or suggestions on how to maximize my calorie burn in under an hour a day. Is it best to focus on strength training or cardio?

I too am in Central California (near Atwater)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Stretch"=Done!
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Checking in to the cool kids club!
  • tacosnbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    Hey friends. I wanna join the cool kids club! I’m 40+ and feeling it. I’m not able to lose weight as quickly as I have in the past. MFP suggests that I stay around 1200 calories for weightloss but my weight isn’t dropping as fast as it used to. If you have experienced this and have any advice, suggestions, or support, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 end of March. Glad to one of the cool kids
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Cardio Challenge & Ab Attack: 10"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power”=Done!
    “Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 1”! 60#!
  • purwonder
    purwonder Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I’d like to join “where the cool kids are”. I’m 42 and have a lot of weight to lose. Like many, I have stress in my life caused by situations I can’t control. I’m just getting started on a lifestyle change that has made me realize that changing my thinking and how I handle my emotions are just as important as eating healthy and making physical changes.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hey friends. I wanna join the cool kids club! I’m 40+ and feeling it. I’m not able to lose weight as quickly as I have in the past. MFP suggests that I stay around 1200 calories for weightloss but my weight isn’t dropping as fast as it used to. If you have experienced this and have any advice, suggestions, or support, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Exactly what I'm dealing with - I cannot seem to lose more than .5-1 lb a week, it makes no difference if I'm super strict of cheat a bit. It has slowing been coming off, but I swear in my 20s & 30s I could drop 5 lbs in 2 weeks with little effort.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “INSANITY MAX: 30 Sweat Intervals”=Done!
    “Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 2!” 60#!! Still a b!tch! LOL! I took about a 25 minute rest after MAX:30 today. Was the only way I’d have made it. Took that last set right to the end...though I didn’t have to break up any sets today. Gonna feel this for the rest of the day.