Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Processed foods cause more weight gain

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

But was the important variable that changed "types of foods" or "ease of access to extra food"? If after capture he had instead been fed a controlled diet of yummy processed macaque kibble, would he have still lost weight and improved health? If the people-food his minions were handing him all day were less processed: raw nuts and seeds, avocado wedges, super-sweet grapes, roasted potatoes covered in extra-virgin olive oil... would he still have gotten fat? :wink:

Who knows? If you have a monkey, we can do this experiment! Lol 🤣
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Wanted to one of the rodent studies I found.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19401758
  • SeattleBebop1
    SeattleBebop1 Posts: 26 Member
    Someone mentioned the NOVA food classifications. I was curious, and found this:

https://archive.wphna.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WN-2016-7-1-3-28-38-Monteiro-Cannon-Levy-et-al-NOVA.pdf
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What strikes me right away when I compare the two groups is the amount of food given in the whole meals group. The time it would take, the amount of chewing involved with those food items. I am exhausted just looking at it especially that dinner and would definitely give up before I would come close to the calorie amount of the processed group. If it were me I'd probably eat a bit more if given the processed but burn a bit more since I had more time to move vs time spent eating

My home made Thai beef salad (which I love) includes kale and chewy skirt steak. It takes me a LONG time to eat 400 calories worth of it.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I’m sure absolutely no weedkillers are used with any other crop. OH NO WAIT.