What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    My 28 year old daughter is seeing our house in AZ (and AZ for the first time) today. Going swimming with her. That will be my workout today. Haven't seen her since X-Mas. So excited. She's taking a nap now after a long early AM flight!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    40 minute walk...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Krav Maga lesson
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Hiked into an old growth forest and buried a friend on a hill above the river.

I don't think I can ever go there again.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    2 mile walk with the pups
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thursday: Insanity Pure Cardio
  • MKC258
    MKC258 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the first day of Insanity workout!! I'm a beginner but it was def a work out!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    5/30/2019 at park -

Pull-up hang hold 1:12 - hang time erosion taking place, got to work on this one.

Weighted bar dips with added 20kg KB x 5 every 2:45 for 8 rounds, rest 5 minutes then BW bar dips x 18 - total of 42 bar dips- harder today than last time similar workout but 3:00 time interval.

Run 2:40 walk 0:20 for 10 rounds = 3.15 miles in 30 minutes - wanted more than 3.20 miles, didn’t get it.

Garmin gave me a VO2 Max bump to 44 today - I’ll take it.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Today I coxed a 4. I didn't hit any logs, bridges, or other boats. I'm pleased with that given it was my second time coxing. I also got better at calling pieces and have decided that I currently prefer coxing 4s over 8s.

An easy (for me) hour and 15 minutes on the bike trainer. Average power was all of 102 watts. When I was deciding what TrainerRoad workout to do I was debating between that and another that would have resulted in the same amount of calories burned but was 15 min shorter. Then I remembered that yesterday I walked for 3+ hours hours and tomorrow I'm erg'ing. I actually normally wouldn't have ridden today, but given that I didn't row... That and yesterday's ride was replaced with the hike (much more fun).

So far the addition of a recovery/endurance ride twice a week is going well. I say this noting that I am either getting the slightest of colds or have a new seasonal allergy symptom. I'm voting for allergies given how mild it is (the faintest of scratchy throats), that my seasonal allergies are nearing full bloom as of now (at some point my eyes will get itchy and burny and I'll need to message my GP so he can send in the prescription for the same prescription eye drops he prescribes me every year), and that it occurs very randomly.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    2 x 10 Reps Squats
    10 Miles Rolling Hills
    2 x 10 Reps Squats

Biking:
    300 in 30: Day 30
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    010|300 Miles - 31:53
    020|300 Miles - 29:19
    030|300 Miles - 29:45
    040|300 Miles - 30:40
    050|300 Miles - 31:12
    060|300 Miles - 30:59
    070|300 Miles - 29:33
    080|300 Miles - 30:34
    090|300 Miles - 29:52
    100|300 Miles - 34:00
    110|300 Miles - 31:53
    120|300 Miles - 30:28
    ----Birthday Break----
    130|300 Miles - 30:36
    140|300 Miles - 32:10
    150|300 Miles - 30:30
    160|300 Miles - 31:47
    170|300 Miles - 29:12
    180|300 Miles - 30:35
    190|300 Miles - 32:38
    200|300 Miles - 30:55
    210|300 Miles - 30:24
    220|300 Miles - 30:53
    230|300 Miles - 31:57
    240|300 Miles - 29:29
    250|300 Miles - 29:54
    260|300 Miles - 28:50
    270|300 Miles - 29:29
    280|300 Miles - 28:57
    292|300 MIles - 34:57
    293|300 Miles - 02:25

Welp, I decided to do 12 miles since I like the idea of ending at 313 miles instead of 300. Well, I did 12, finished about 6 minutes earlier than I thought, and decided to do a full on level 25 mile for a final mile 13 tonight.

10 more miles tomorrow on the bike and I'm done. Thinking I might go hiking tomorrow during the day. 5+ miles walked as well as the 13 miles on the bike. All I want to do is go eat some pizza.. That ride was anaerobic af. I think I'll hydrate and get a shower instead.

Good luck to everyone today! :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Spin class.
    aokoye wrote: »
    Today I coxed a 4. I didn't hit any logs, bridges, or other boats. I'm pleased with that given it was my second time coxing. I also got better at calling pieces and have decided that I currently prefer coxing 4s over 8s.
    <snip actual workout for reply length>

Nice work! Bowloaded, or stern? Guessing bow. (I'd rather cox a sternloaded 8 than a bowloaded 4: Bugs me not to see the rowers. But our boats aren't fast, nor our river usually crowded, making the difference in slightlines NBD.)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Walking in circles indoors for a few hours with a 2yr old stepping on my toes.
  • aokoye
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class.
    <snip actual workout for reply length>

Nice work! Bowloaded, or stern? Guessing bow. (I'd rather cox a sternloaded 8 than a bowloaded 4: Bugs me not to see the rowers. But our boats aren't fast, nor our river usually crowded, making the difference in slightlines NBD.)

Thanks! I've only coxed stern loaded shells. We own very few bow loaded shells. My main issues are with confidence and with just trying to see things. I actually don't mind coxing - it really is wanting to become more confident in it. The idea of coxing a sternloaded 8 is both awesome and scary. Mostly awesome. Our river can get really crowded, especially on Saturday. That said even today, we took out two 4s and an 8, there were scullers seemingly everywhere at one point (I definitely told my boat that I wasn't going to call the next minute on until after I got through the scullers), and the juniors from the club we're next door to out somewhere (they managed to qualify a junior men's 8 and women's 8 for nationals). On the weekends we also get the dragon boaters (who don't follow traffic pattern rules) and now that it's fishing season, fishing boats.

All of that is also not mentioning the three or four sail boats that are docked in a random but predictable place on the river, new dead heads, the occasional pleasure boat (they're mainly an issue with regards to wakes), and this one really unpredictable guy in a single who keeps showing up during my Monday and Saturday practices.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    So far the addition of a recovery/endurance ride twice a week is going well. I say this noting that I am either getting the slightest of colds or have a new seasonal allergy symptom. I'm voting for allergies given how mild it is (the faintest of scratchy throats), that my seasonal allergies are nearing full bloom as of now (at some point my eyes will get itchy and burny and I'll need to message my GP so he can send in the prescription for the same prescription eye drops he prescribes me every year), and that it occurs very randomly.

I've had a headache, and I almost never get them.

You're a couple (few?) hundred miles south. There are fires in British Columbia, most of the smoke is blowing east as it moves south, but there's enough here to obscure all of the mountains. It's mostly up high, but not entirely. And that sure does give people scratchy throats.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    MKC258 wrote: »
    I did the first day of Insanity workout!! I'm a beginner but it was def a work out!

I am doing a hybrid of p90x and insanity. I think it's a great workout but you need to pay attention to your form to avoid injury.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Friday

6am hill training session with PT, 30 min of leg burning pulling her up a hill then easing them back off running down before repeating. She added in a section of very short run/ walk intervals which really added to the burn. Apparently there's a method in her madness, we'll see if it's made anything easier in next week's session.

Tabata

Total body conditioning

Both classes only the hard core group were there (5 of us) and so she ramped everything up and they were very hard work.

Oh and 5/3/1 cycle 1 week 1 deadlifts. Followed by 5x10@50kg lat pull downs. My back is seriously feeling the deadlifts atm thanks to the 5month hiatus from deadlifting, which is why I added in the pull downs as my accessory lift today.
  • csbonest
    csbonest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Typical; woke up at 4:30, at the gym by 5:00, 50 minutes on the treadmill at an easy 6.2mph and then some stretching, planks and massage chair. Showered and at work ready to go!.

What I am continuing to learn is that I can't outrun a bad diet. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Rowed a double for just under an hour.
  • TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Whey116 wrote: »
    Thursday: Insanity Pure Cardio

That one is torture!! :tired_face:
  • aokoye
    Options
    Forgot my wireless headphones today so between that and a slightly sore lower back I'll probably do a TrainerRoad workout instead of erging.

What is good is that my lingering shoulder pain from a fracture last year (that we never did MRI to double check if I tore anything but it's not behaving like a torn rotator cuff) is responding very well to my actually doing shoulder PT band exercises. I was worried that rowing was aggravating it, but really it's that it's my dominant side, if I'm on the bed I prop myself up with the affected arm, and I prefer laying down on that side. Rowing starbird does aggravate it (which is why I always row port), but the major things are all related to laying on that side or propping myself up on that side. I think minimizing all of that plus the PT exercises has been helping.