June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member
    @girlinahat - not at all running related but saw this on FB and thought of you and your little buddies!
    https://www.facebook.com/OddCouplesDodo/videos/435052977061101/
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    June goal 100 miles

exercise.png

Got a new PR today at the half marathon! Strava says PRs at 20k, 10 mile & 15k as well, and the second half supposedly included my 3rd best 10k! So needless to say, the rail-trail proved to be an excellent course. It was such a small race though, I was running alone for most of it. After the turnaround, I realized I wasn't going to podium or change positions with anyone, either, so focused on my pacing plan, and it went really well. At one point I got caught running between a mother deer in front of me, and baby deer behind me. My yelling, clapping & moving over didn't help reunite them, so we all ran together like that for a while until mama deer went off the trail (baby of course went off the other way, but at least I wasn't between them anymore).

The other runners were standing around afterwards kinda snotty-like in a circle, and I overheard them talking about an upcoming 50k and "oh that one will be easy"... So I laughed to myself, talked to one guy who wasn't in their little group, then loaded up on the cookies and left :)

This was before the race, but empty trail like this was pretty much my view for the morning.
    4h2tlnk7tc2n.jpg

Congratulations on a great race!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    I was thinking about running, but less than a couple minutes standing in my driveway I was cooked. I think I will wait till the evening
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,901 Member
    @dpwellman wrote: »
    I haven't been running for more than a year. Starting over.

Going for 30 this month to start.

Groovy! Another TN Runner!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Congratulations on the PRs @polskagirl01!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    June goal 100 miles

exercise.png

Got a new PR today at the half marathon! Strava says PRs at 20k, 10 mile & 15k as well, and the second half supposedly included my 3rd best 10k! So needless to say, the rail-trail proved to be an excellent course. It was such a small race though, I was running alone for most of it. After the turnaround, I realized I wasn't going to podium or change positions with anyone, either, so focused on my pacing plan, and it went really well. At one point I got caught running between a mother deer in front of me, and baby deer behind me. My yelling, clapping & moving over didn't help reunite them, so we all ran together like that for a while until mama deer went off the trail (baby of course went off the other way, but at least I wasn't between them anymore).

The other runners were standing around afterwards kinda snotty-like in a circle, and I overheard them talking about an upcoming 50k and "oh that one will be easy"... So I laughed to myself, talked to one guy who wasn't in their little group, then loaded up on the cookies and left :)

This was before the race, but empty trail like this was pretty much my view for the morning.
    4h2tlnk7tc2n.jpg

Well done!!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member
    Congratulations @polskagirl01 on your PR and a great race!

@eleanorhawkins - you are absolutely right! Can't resist running to Happy!

Maybe that is a good mid-month question... What is your favorite running song assuming you run with music?
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @polskagirl01 congratulations on your PR! Well run! Even with the deer joining in.
    shanaber wrote: »

Maybe that is a good mid-month question... What is your favorite running song assuming you run with music?

The songs I love to run to change all the time, but I always have a lot of 80s music on my playlist. "Come on Eileen" is one of my favorites to run to because of the section where it gets faster and faster. I'm also a big fan of Soft Cell's "Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go" mix because I like the beat and the extended version is 9 minutes long. That eats up a chunk of time if I'm trying to motivate myself by running for one more song or two more songs, etc.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    shanaber wrote: »

Great question! Some of my favorites are: Queen - "Don't Stop Me Now ", Rush - "Tom Sawyer ", Deep Purple- "Highway Star", Iron Maiden- "Run to the Hills " and Devo - "Whip It".