The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I had a great weekend getting *kitten* done thanks to the good weather. I have a question for ya: How many of us have 50+ pounds to lose?

I had 55 pounds to lose. I have managed to lose 35 so far.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Day 85 for me today, feeling pretty good! Its weird that tomorrow is my 40th birthday. For reals, blows my mind I'm 40 lol. At least I'm losing weight though, I Don't want to be 400lbs all through my 40's no way! HAHAHA Sorry, just rambling because I'm hiding from my 6 year old while we play hide n seek. later taters.

I'm hiding from my teenagers. 😎
    I'm 2 years away from the big 5-0. I swear I was just 40 yesterday.
    You're going to rock you forties! hope you have a wonderful birthday!

I feel your pain..I have 2 teen-agers (14 and 15)
    Its going to be a long summer...LOL
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    How's Tuesday treating everyone?
    This morning was spent helping my son's class make chocolate chip cookies. I bake a lot and was glad I was in charge of the baking because the oven was temperamental and the cookies needed to be eyeballed for doneness.

I also went for another run today. I'm determined to be in good shape for when I need this shoulder surgery. If I'm going to have to be sedentary for awhile I want to be in good shape so it doesn't matter
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    36 from Montreal, Canada... Add me :)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon my friends! Hope your day is going well!
  • larali2
    larali2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    39, back on here for a second time. I lost about 60 pounds in 2016-ish. I'm still at a lower weight but skinnyfat. My belly and chin are the big problems :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I had a great weekend getting *kitten* done thanks to the good weather. I have a question for ya: How many of us have 50+ pounds to lose?

I'm down about 50 with 20 to go. The HARD 20. Does that count?

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

I'll trade you. My 65th birthday is next week. I'm just happy I'm still here with all you crazy people! :p

We are happy youre with us too :D
    Happy early Birthday wishes Steve 🎁🎉🎊🎉🎈
  • PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    43 and giving MFP another go at it. Has worked great in the past!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I'll trade you. My 65th birthday is next week. I'm just happy I'm still here with all you crazy people! :p

so many birthdays on the horizon.
    65 isn't old. I introduced some friends to curling this past year and 3 of 4 of them were over 65!!! Heck I curled and learned a lot from a 70 something year old who I guessed was maybe 60 and then the 80 and 90 year olds were awesome too. Age is just a number
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good evening!! Hope everyone had a good day! It's such a lovely day here. No rain! But plenty of sunshine, was in the high 80's today.
    How are y'all doing good!! 😁
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Good evening!! Hope everyone had a good day! It's such a lovely day here. No rain! But plenty of sunshine, was in the high 80's today.
    How are y'all doing good!! 😁

where do you live? that's pretty warm. at least I think it isI'm a Celsius kinda gal

• CherylG1968
    CherylG1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I got home from work I had leftover brown rice, avocado and eggs with a little cheese in it. I loved the whole thing🥰. Felt like I was eating a filet mignon or something😂. I thoroughly enjoyed it and then did the Peloton a little later. Trying to exercise as many days as I feel up to it. At least 5 days a week.
  • pandygirl19
    Options
    @AliNouveau, I live in Oklahoma! Right now it's 89 degree Fahrenheit, which would be about 31 almost 32 Celsius. The weather app said it'd be in the high 80s and low 90s throughout the week. Believe me it is going to get hotter than that before the Summer's over with. Where do you live?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    @AliNouveau, I live in Oklahoma! Right now it's 89 degree Fahrenheit, which would be about 31 almost 32 Celsius. The weather app said it'd be in the high 80s and low 90s throughout the week. Believe me it is going to get hotter than that before the Summer's over with. Where do you live?

Yikes. Dry heat or humid?
    I'm in Canada, Ontario. We've had moderate temps like make 26 Celsius so far this summer. We are cooling right off at night though it's quite lovely. We can get up to super hot and humid. Seems like it's off to a slow start
  • pjemonson
    pjemonson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I got home from work I had leftover brown rice, avocado and eggs with a little cheese in it. I loved the whole thing🥰. Felt like I was eating a filet mignon or something😂. I thoroughly enjoyed it and then did the Peloton a little later. Trying to exercise as many days as I feel up to it. At least 5 days a week.

Hi CherlyG- fellow pelotoner here. Got my ride in first thing - I love it. Will be a yoga day for me tomorrow - my legs are pretty sore now!

• CherylG1968
    CherylG1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It’s a great thing!!! 🚴🏻‍♀️We bought it ten days ago. I added that to my workout schedule. Actually using the bike most evenings. In the ten days since we’ve owned it I’ve lost another 3.2 lbs. I weigh what I did in my twenties!!! I’m so happy. I never thought I’d get back to the way I was but I knew it was possible. 🥂
  • pandygirl19
    Options
    @AliNouveau, Humid! At night it drops down into the 60s maybe Lo 70s. few degrees cooler for now anyway. This time of the year we're still in tornado season. It gets very humid and muggy at times and we have a lot of storms heavy rains and Thunder which can bring about tornadoes.