June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Stunner of a day here for running this morning, sunny and cold - about 6 degrees so long-sleeve merino and gloves for the top half but shorts for the lower. Dropped the kidlets off at school and did a quickish 4km before yoga - our wednesday yoga class is pretty full on and I've found it's so much better if I arrive warmed up.

In more exciting news, I have signed up with two girlfriends to do a two-day trail marathon at the end of July. Three runs in total: 16km on Saturday morning, 5.1km on Saturday afternoon and 21.1km on Sunday morning. To make it more fun, we're taking a massive motorhome (so no parallel parking then) so will be able to park up and really enjoy the event, with refreshing cold beverages and plentiful snacks to hand.

It's a pretty hokey event. The entry form is hilarious (you can mail your entry in and you can pay by cheque (I don't think anyone in New Zealand has owned a chequebook in the past 10 years)). The entry fee is a *whopping* $35 all up. And the disclaimer has things such as:
    • "We do not have marshalls on every corner to pander to your every need and tell you porkies about how wonderful you look",
    • "This is an off-road forest run and you will need to deal with your demons",
    • "Toilets are at the start/finish areas – none on course but bushes galore"
    Such a shame @avidkeo left the neighbourhood six weeks too soon!

Wow that sounds so fun! Where is it?

Glenbervie Forest, Whangarei.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Stunner of a day here for running this morning, sunny and cold - about 6 degrees so long-sleeve merino and gloves for the top half but shorts for the lower. Dropped the kidlets off at school and did a quickish 4km before yoga - our wednesday yoga class is pretty full on and I've found it's so much better if I arrive warmed up.

In more exciting news, I have signed up with two girlfriends to do a two-day trail marathon at the end of July. Three runs in total: 16km on Saturday morning, 5.1km on Saturday afternoon and 21.1km on Sunday morning. To make it more fun, we're taking a massive motorhome (so no parallel parking then) so will be able to park up and really enjoy the event, with refreshing cold beverages and plentiful snacks to hand.

It's a pretty hokey event. The entry form is hilarious (you can mail your entry in and you can pay by cheque (I don't think anyone in New Zealand has owned a chequebook in the past 10 years)). The entry fee is a *whopping* $35 all up. And the disclaimer has things such as:
    • "We do not have marshalls on every corner to pander to your every need and tell you porkies about how wonderful you look",
    • "This is an off-road forest run and you will need to deal with your demons",
    • "Toilets are at the start/finish areas – none on course but bushes galore"
    Such a shame @avidkeo left the neighbourhood six weeks too soon!

Wow that sounds so fun! Where is it?

Glenbervie Forest, Whangarei.

Of course lol
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Those are some beautiful pixels! What camera did you get? I'm thinking about getting one, as I would love to take a class in wildlife/landscape photography.

Depending on your budget, this might be way out of your league, or too cheap. :) For me, it was almost free since I cashed in some investments I had made a long time ago to cover it.

It is a Canon Rebel SL3 DSLR (with 18-55mm Lens) which is currently $650 on Amazon.com

Had I not had those investments, it would have been way out of my league, and now that money is gone, it is way out of my league :)

Some more shots in the spoiler tag:

Tiger Lily:
    ol05xzvmo1te.jpg

Freckles:
    5ek7jaoloypx.jpg

This one is using the HDR mode on the camera:

nhsxld7sd4kk.jpg