• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup emperor puh erh tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of roasted garlic tea, 1 cup white rose tea

Dinner:
    trout almondine, baked potato w/butter, cheese and sour cream, asparagus, brussel sprouts and corn on the cob (w/butter of course)

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    watermelon, a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, big handful of walnuts, macadamia and pecans

I've never heard of garlic tea before!

This is not the garlic tea I drink, https://www.amazon.com/Garlic-Certified-Organic-Tea-bags/dp/B008X8KQ96?th=1
    but will tell you a wee bit about it. The garlic tea I drink is "loose" not tea bags ( I put it in a teaball and steep it for a while), but I LOVE it!!!! I don't drink it (or the other teas I drink) because it's suppose to help with (fill in the blank) I drink garlic tea and other exotic teas because I LOVE GARLIC (and exotic teas) so much and it tastes and is garlic--nothing else-I drink this and other teas straight, nothing at all added, because I like it that way, this garlic tea is just (concentrated dried garlic chips and again, I love it!!!

I get mine from the health food store. The teas I drink do/can have side-effects, and this garlic tea does too--so I don't drink it everyday or a lot of it...here's more info on garlic tea:
    https://www.verywellfit.com/garlic-tea-benefits-and-side-effects-4163918

So interesting! I will need to look into this!

Honey...if you love garlic, you're going to LOVE this tea! I drink it every once in a while, when that "I want some garlic" craving hits me!
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 1/2 pumpkin protein pancakes (Self.com recipe) with 1/4 cup almond flour substituted, 2 tbsp chopped pecans and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup on top

Snack:
    1 medium pear and a short triple flat white from Starbucks

Lunch: (didn't mean to order this and was very disappointed)
    1/2 triple tier rye bread sandwich (1/2 tuna salad/1/2 egg salad with a little Russian dressing) and a small house salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and black pitted olives)

Snack:
    Peanut butter chocolate Rx bar

Dinner: Spinach avocado chicken patties (from Unbound Wellness) on top of more raw spinach and 1/2 of a yam

Edit: I had a nitro cold brew with the Rx bar as a snack before dinner + broccoli instead of spinach with dinner + 1/3 cup of Talenti organic ginger matcha gelato after dinner.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 1/2 pumpkin protein pancakes (Self.com recipe) with 1/4 cup almond flour substituted, 2 tbsp chopped pecans and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup on top

Snack:
    1 medium pear and a short triple flat white from Starbucks

Lunch: (didn't mean to order this and was very disappointed)
    1/2 triple tier rye bread sandwich (1/2 tuna salad/1/2 egg salad with a little Russian dressing) and a small house salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and black pitted olives)

Snack:
    Peanut butter chocolate Rx bar

Dinner: Spinach avocado chicken patties (from Unbound Wellness) on top of more raw spinach and 1/2 of a yam

Edit: I had a nitro cold brew with the Rx bar as a snack before dinner + broccoli instead of spinach with dinner + 1/3 cup of Talenti organic ginger matcha gelato after dinner.

I LOVE the way you eat...just FYI!
  • umbramirror
    Options

Hey thanks! I'm pretty fond of the way you eat as well. 😉
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Hey thanks! I'm pretty fond of the way you eat as well. 😉

:kissing_heart::star::grin:
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Today's diet wasn't very well balanced but it was well below the calorie goal and very satisfying. Made about 1½ pounds of taco filling this morning and had four tacos for breakfast, about 550 calories. By dinner time I was hungry but a Mexican pizza, about 850 calories, took care of that nicely. Figured to have a salad for an evening snack to supplement the peppers and onion but fell asleep early. Now it is 1 AM and I'm not the hungry in the slightest. Tomorrow's diet will have will start with that salad. Two-thirds of the taco filling left-over by the way.

Been away from MFP for a while and trying to get back into the swing of it. Like the looks of this thread and if nobody minds too much I'd like to check in here on occasion.
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - chocolate croissant, coffee w/cream lunch - spinach, vanilla protein mango smoothie, cheezits, strawberries Snack - iced coffee. Dinner- caprese salad, grilled chicken drumsticks. Snack - dark chocolate
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - black coffee and the blueberry cake donut I'd been craving all week (from the best donut place & totally worth it)
    Late Brunch: egg sandwich with avocado, bacon and melted Gruyere, small bowl of honeydew & pineapple chunks and a couple strawberries
    Dinner: side salad with balsamic and sharing a thin crust veggie pizza
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Two eggs over easy with turkey sausage crumbles. Peach Light and Fit Yogurt with blueberries.

Lunch: Honey Turkey on Schmidt's bread with a Laughing Cow wedge and Spicy Cheese Crunchies from Trader Joe's.

Dinner: Chicken on the grill with cucumber salad, tomato salad.

Snack: Triple Chocolate Enlightened ice cream
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of emperor puh ehr tea, 1 cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    bowl (about 1.5 cups or so) of Steel cut oats w/2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, walnuts, pecans and ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    fruit bowl: mangoes w/hot sauce, lemon juice, salt, wee pinch of chili powder and package of Goya Chicharrones (pork rinds)
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Berry cheesecake overnight oats (Self.com recipe)
    8 oz jade citrus mint green tea with 1 tsp honey and a bit of coconut milk

Snack:
    Lemon Lunabar

Lunch:
    3 oz gyro meat, 1/4 cup of yellow rice, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion slices, 1/2 slice of pita bread, and ~ 2 tbsp tzatziki sauce
    Cold brew coffee with a bit of sweet cream

Snack:
    Vanilla almond Oatmega bar
    Lavender mint herbal water

Dinner:
    1/3 cup quinoa, 3 oz raw salmon, strawberries, pickled blueberries, crushed almonds, cucumbers, snow peas, queso fresco, and a dollop of avocado crema

Snack:
    17 dark chocolate covered coconut almonds
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    pancake w/butter & syrup, 3 pieces of rind on bacon, cup of coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    stuffed (w/lump crab meat) salmon, herbed red potatoes, brussel sprouts, green beans, ice water to drink

cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, green/black/kalamata olives
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love this thread for inspiration of different things to eat during my week!
  • seltzermint555
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: open-faced egg sandwich with mustard, mayo & pickles, coffee

Lunch: tuna salad with red grapes & almond slivers on top of mixed greens, a LOT of roasted radishes with lemon & thyme

Mid-Afternoon Snack: 2 "Chocolate Covered Katie" carrot cake bars, they are topped with coconut butter-banana frosting. Coffee.

Dinner: black bean soup, thick chili-style with salsa & sour cream and sauteed peppers, onions & celery. Unsweetened ice tea & some pineapple chunks later.
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
    stuffed (w/lump crab meat) salmon, herbed red potatoes, brussel sprouts, green beans, ice water to drink

Oh damn that stuffed salmon sounds delicious... tell me it was as good as it sounds. 😌
  • umbramirror
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    A little less than one serving of pumpkin apple French toast (Self.com recipe)
    Cold brew protein shake (Chameleon mocha cold brew, 1/2 scoop of ON gold standard extreme milk chocolate protein, and 1/2 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk)

Lunch:
    2/3 of the modern Greek salad with quinoa + roasted turkey from Panera (should have asked for the dressing on the side)

Snack:
    Triple flat white with 1/2 Sugar in the raw packet
    Peanut butter Perfect bar

Dinner:
    1 spinach avocado chicken burger, 1 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of Sicilian caponata, and 1/2 Norwegian crisp bread with spelt & pumpkin seeds

Snack:
    1 small carob brownie and mixed berries
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Oh damn that stuffed salmon sounds delicious... tell me it was as good as it sounds. 😌

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :astonished: I don't really like salmon all that much really (probably due to my mother making salmon croquettes ALL the time when I was young or something like that) ...but when it's STUFFED to the max with lump crab meat (no filler ALL lump crab meat and a LOT of it), honey it kicks up the flavor/taste of salmon up something fierce. I love seafood and really could eat it everyday, but salmon is just okay to me, I don't hate it...it's just not one my favorite sea foods at all, that said--this stuffed salmon is the bombdotcom, period.

Here's a recipe that close to what I had pic and link from website www.justapinch.com:
    jOf_vgZBV1EwbyefL6bZnNyAG_OD4Dj8eiAaBWwKq_D3ItojXs1kVAo0F0z1Romp3Toe6b2gzv1DSnp6F0zfy-eE6MwLhApjN0K2_ds=w600-l68

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwif-J_c4JLjAhXPqlkKHbYjDn4QFjAAegQIABAB&url=https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/fish/the-pleshette.html&usg=AOvVaw1DBH9djuibB52MnTdYOsOR
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: vanilla chia pudding with fresh pineapple, coffee

Lunch: salad with carrots, zucchini strips, 2 sliced boiled eggs, mixed greens with Thai chili sauce & Sriracha and a carrot cake bar

Dinner: hamburger with mustard, lettuce, onion & extra pickles and about 1/4 of my husband's lemon pepper fries, probably some watermelon chunks later
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    2 cups of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    2 big slices of Chicago style deep dish pizza (sausage, cheese and spinach), ice water to drink

bowl of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, big handful of walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, black/green/kalamata olives
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :astonished: I don't really like salmon all that much really (probably due to my mother making salmon croquettes ALL the time when I was young or something like that) ...but when it's STUFFED to the max with lump crab meat (no filler ALL lump crab meat and a LOT of it), honey it kicks up the flavor/taste of salmon up something fierce. I love seafood and really could eat it everyday, but salmon is just okay to me, I don't hate it...it's just not one my favorite sea foods at all, that said--this stuffed salmon is the bombdotcom, period.

Here's a recipe that close to what I had pic and link from website www.justapinch.com:
    jOf_vgZBV1EwbyefL6bZnNyAG_OD4Dj8eiAaBWwKq_D3ItojXs1kVAo0F0z1Romp3Toe6b2gzv1DSnp6F0zfy-eE6MwLhApjN0K2_ds=w600-l68

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwif-J_c4JLjAhXPqlkKHbYjDn4QFjAAegQIABAB&url=https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/fish/the-pleshette.html&usg=AOvVaw1DBH9djuibB52MnTdYOsOR

Oh my... well... 🤤 That looks like a mighty fine recipe. I'm saving it to make myself one day for sure! (That salmon looks so good. Now I want it. How could you do this to me? 😥😂)