WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
xppuwmqy0wdd.jpgtofuw2awytcd.png

It's a new month and a new opportunity to build and sustain healthy habits. It has helped me for years to go on this journey with friends so I hope there will be many who will join me.

The name of the thread is Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome. You can't be too young or too old to be part of our community.

Please sign your posts with a name or nickname and a location either specific or general so we can get to know each other better and reply to each other.

Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

My resolutions for June were to keep on doing the things that have been working for me:
*log food and exercise
*drink a lot of water
*seek every opportunity to be active
*check in with this thread daily
*read books and articles to learn more about health and fitness
I did well with this and will continue these practices into the month of July.

Barbie from NW WA

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."--Robert Louis Stevenson

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - The milk comma sooo cute! She has such a flawless complexion like a little porcelain doll. Navy Daughter she’s coming in late tomorrow due to flights being rescheduled so we are spending 1 less day with her boooo! No new address yet for her until she gets to the next base so Families hounding for what I can’t give yet. Good news is they scheduled her for a later flight ✈️ on the last day to give few more hours back. Hoping she likes the next place. They wait last second change everything on her too the kids aren’t in control the people with the higher command (new mom y dad they say to them) decide it all. So oh well will get her new address a few days after arrival. She has to go through the hole reprocessing routine takes 48-72hours before they will be done she can sleep 🛏 then after she crashes wakes up she’ll send it. She always gets the extra duty hours so like usual doubt she can call when JRs awake. She goes sometimes for 3 weeks with no days off if she gets a day off can’t leave base because she’s on call.When she does get to leave she crams so much in from hair cuts to grocery shopping she’s exhausted. Oh well that’s the military for you no sleep for the weary. I grew up with a Vietnam Vet Uncle helping my Dad raise me (since Mom was a full time job too plus multiple jobs family was key) I’m used to the talk lol if you can call it that. Just who their trained to be after they discharge they calm down somewhat maybe half or less. They become their drill Sargents. Got her step stools ready all 3 so she can arrive get to foods y plates. If she still can’t reach she can wake me up as soon as JR passes out.
    I rely on family (almost half our family has served every war) also YouTube videos!
    Navy Day in the life,Boot Camp,Job Titles,etc to understand it more. I mute 🤐 the sound a lot tho cause my Lord their music tastes are so just wow no Thankyou mute mute mute 🤐. Unmute when they talk .Sone videos have no music praise God cause it’s definitely not my taste.

https://youtu.be/0FKe120cBro

https://youtu.be/G-AyIW62Gx0

https://youtu.be/pDwLsrmDBF0

https://youtu.be/iUYJUOVlZOY

https://youtu.be/sUPTN1A-OfI

Amber Tx

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Thanks @barbiecat for starting us off!

In the week up to May 1 my average weight was 60.53
    In the week up to June 1 my average weight is 59.66
    In the week up to July 1 my average weight is 59.26
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @pipcd34 I'm so sorry for your loss.

@exermom thank you! lol about watching the guys rather than the game!

@cmsavells I always weigh myself in morning in the buff. I used to do it after exercise too, but not anymore.

@cityjaneLondon the dancing looks fun.

@Katla49 The American team was much better. they are virtually undefeated.

@auntiebk Barbara, it sounds like you are wiser than in your youth.

@drkatiebug LOL! : "I told my husband he could help me out a little with one of my goals by gaining some, but he wasn’t going for it."
  • bananasandoranges
    edited July 2019
    Options
    3bic3h7nxow5.png

yvkgqe6j54m0.png

the line is for 1000 (since I plan 1000 aim to have 1100 average with splurges)

last entry in month doesn't count since it's today and I've only had breakfast.

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,086 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for starting us off with a clean slate for July!

Okie in the TX Hill Country