WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of 10MS Carb Burner DVD then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jenny Ford’s Hi-Lo Cardio and Abs DVD.

Saw this on facebook: “My stomach is flat, the “L” is just silent”

Rebecca – you may get your feelings hurt easily, but I can cry easily. I’m very emotional.

Sparky – glad your reflux is better.

Someone on Facebook asked where June went to. I answered him “probably the same place May went to”

Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate it. I didn’t even notice it on my calendar until M posted this.

KJ – Yea! And new wheels to boot – awesome! I remember at the kid’s daycare someone had made a triple stroller for them.

I have to admit that I blew it today. At bowling, the first Monday of the month they usually have cookies for the birthdays that month. Well, this month in addition to the cookies they had watermelon, blueberries and cheese. I normally take carrots with me but cheese is my weakness. I really don’t care about the cookies, but the fruit and cheese…forget it.

I’m hosting mahjongg tonight and I think I’ll have cherries for the gals. I’ll just skip ceramics tonight. Update: Not sure why, but Vince also didn't go. Far cry from me, when he doesn't go, I still go.

JR – impressive graph. We used moth balls once to get rid of a snake. Did absolutely nothing. I’m glad it works for you

Mpro – are you by chance Polish or Russian? Anyway, FOR ME I find that if I don’t eat at night, then I lose. I try to keep 24oz water bottles so I know how much I drink if I finish one of the bottles

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army. Got another pack & play for when Denise comes here, only this one is brand new. Yes, I paid more for it, but it’s new. Then went to Aldi, the post office, bowling, mahjongg here tonight.

It’s pretty hot here today. Better not go in the pool since I need to clean up the kitchen for tonight and then have dinner.

Amber – that’s horrible!

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I think mothballs work better in hot climate here in Texas they do great but an Aunt in StLouis tried where stuff molds (Difference is huge in environment) it kept moths out only for her.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Love the photo of you & your sis. You’re lucky to have one another.🌸
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    *** Wellness ***

g6foyjkjg7v2.png

The chart above shows 7 dimensions of wellness, but I've thought about them expanded them out ...

Emotional
    Recreation - We go to the symphony and plays, we travel and exercise, of course. These things do help relieve stress and maintain an element of normality in our lives.
    July - we've got a concert coming up this week, and a little bit of travel later. Co-incidentally the concert is: "The Best of Rodgers and Hammerstein"

Financial & Occupational
    Preparation - We're getting there. We've got wills and are making preparations for retirement and injury or illness.
    July - I'm on my uni break and am sort of getting into this. Lots to do.

Work - I'm still working fulltime, taking on more tasks, learning new things.
    June was my extremely busy month, but July isn't letting up. I've got to catch up on all the things I set aside in June.

Intellectual
    Learning - I'm in uni going for my Master's Degree one course at a time. My next class starts mid-July.

Creativity - My creative hobby is photography ... which I don't do nearly enough.

Spiritual
    Spirituality - YES!!

Social
    Family - Good relationship with my family.

Involvement - I'm president, communications officer, and ride organiser for one of our local cycling clubs. We just finished organising and running an event, and thankfully my next event doesn't come up till October.
    July - keep getting on top of what's involved in the job of president over the winter. I did manage to do quite a bit of this in June.

The local brain injury association has also dropped a hint that there might be room for more involvement by me.

Environmental
    Environment - We're slowly organising the house and making attempts to simplify things.
    July - Keep going through my clothes, toiletries, etc. for a start. And then organise my home office ...
    I did do a little bit of this in June.

Health - I'm working with health professionals to address various issues before they become big issues. Three different physiotherapists! I'm also getting checked for something which could be more serious. We'll see where that leads! And I will need to get a broken tooth fixed.
    Plus, of course, all my husband's brain injury related health issues.

Physical
    Exercise - I do a variety of active things regularly. See exercise goals posted earlier.

Eating - I'm trying to eat a generally healthy diet and keep my weight down. Maintained through June.

Sleep - I am working on this. I have created a "cocoon of silence" that seems to be working reasonably well. I didn't anticipate it would be as comfortable as it is.

Alcohol & Smoking - NOPE!!

Now ... back to work, I've got to sort out what I need to do this month!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I need to find a job now.. I cannot stay in a place where I am in tears most of the day..
    Dr frustrated with me that I'm still getting things messed up and he has to back track and make sure I'm doing things right and I'm not working efficiently . I told him very hard to do when I am being pulled in 15 different directions and dont have all the knowledge of insurances..
    He basically said you need to handle this without bothering me and I dont want to keep spoon feeding you.you will never learn if I do..
    Have to keep looking and boy do I need this getaway.. I'm going to bed..

Is there someone else you can ask?

Or a website you can research?

One of the things I do is to create instruction manuals for each new things I have to learn. It makes me think through the process and the first draft usually has gaps, so then I ask someone how to do this little bit or that little bit ... or give someone one of the drafts to go through and confirm that I've got everything. By the time I'm finished creating the instruction manual, I usually know how to do whatever it is, but it's still good to have it to refer to.

I'm in the process of doing that right now and will have to sit down with someone tomorrow to get the info to fill one of the gaps.

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 you seem very balanced and well-rounded.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    not feeling very upbeat.i had Nice afternoon and evening at the beach on Sunday but felt yucky yesterday.

We have a general meeting at one of my schools. The school has had a very chaotic directorial history over the past few years. The new director from January is rehauling the program and will announce his ideas today at 12:30, followed by buffet lunch.

Then there's a class-meeting w thesis director, which I'll catch in the middle followed by private meeting with her.

I usually prepare a power-point thing but this other guy just reads a few pages from his writing and she raves about his work, so I'm gonna do the same thing this time : almost zero prep and if that's how they take things seriously, great.

I was joking with a fellow classmate how I'm gonna read till people fall asleep.

I need to prepare a little thing for tomorrow too.

have been in an emotional valley since yesterday noon-ish.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Machka~ all this is brand new to me.. we had office managers that did it all. I haven't done this until new owner started.. he fired 2 office managers in a matter of 4 months.
    I have gotten the hang of most of it but he wants more in depth ,wants what they owe at each visit, what is left on there insurance on each visit, and make sure of coverage.. well I try and do that, but have to answer phone and schedule patients in between.. . if I have to do this I am not a great mathematician . and need to concentrate on only that.there are 2 of them up front now they have to pick up the pace...
    I was in tears most of the afternoon. very very frustrating when you aren't familiar with it

It should all be on the computer system ... here, they call up a patient on the computer and all the information is right there.

Is yours a manual system?

Or sometimes there are evening classes and things that might help.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    @Machka9 you seem very balanced and well-rounded.

Well, I try.

Long ago, I had a history instructor tell the class that while we might be tempted to focus on one area in university (like history, or whatever our degrees were about), we should make an effort to take some courses in a completely different area ... perhaps even an area that we wouldn't normally consider. Doing that would make us more well-rounded students.

He expanded on that to say that in life in general we should continue to take opportunities to learn and do things we like ... and things that stretch us. Take new opportunities. Try a variety of things. Doing that would continue to make us more well-rounded people.

I've remembered that for about 25 years ... and have attempted to do that. :)

M in Oz
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mothballs are highly toxic to everything that comes in contact with them.We had an abundance of snakes at work this year,so I used cinnamon essential oil and water in a spray bottle and sprayed all around our stand and everywhere we have to walk.So far,so good.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Will be watching women's football tonight USA and our girls hope our girls win. Absolutely enjoying the matches so much better than the men. Should be a good game

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    You need someone that has a background in insurance to do this.im just getting thrown into it with no experience whatsoever and he wants perfection..I will have another talk with him today.. I am doing my best . But with no experience and no one to teach me how.im floundering..
    Thank goodness I am going away for a couple of days. I soo need it..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!

I've decided I need to start listing my goals at the end of EACH post, like some of you do, and not just once a month or so. I figure it will keep me accountable.

I know I also really appreciate it when you gals who are having success take a minute to remind us how you are achieving your goals - Keto, IF (intermittent fasting), CICO (calories in/calories out), etc.

I am currently at the high end of the BMI for 5' 9", with a little room, and that's fine. Wouldn't mind whittling off another 5 lbs but my favorite jeans fit and that was my goal. I used to be 30 pounds heavier so am grateful for where I am right now.

Discovered something interesting while surfing Dr. Google and the internet health experts (including MFP). My waist measurement should be maximum 85% of my hip measurement to determine how much bad belly fat is being stored there.

Luckily, I'm still "curvy" so it came in at 77%. :)

That is, until I read the directions on how to take the waist measurement. "Experts" say to measure 1" below my belly button. That's practically on the plane at the top of my hips, so that puts me at a pitiful 98%. :(

And to think all these years I'd been measuring my waist at the narrowest part between my lower ribs and hips just like I was taught in 8th grade sewing class. B)

OK, I know I have a bit more belly than I used to thanks to menopause. Both of my German grandmothers were "stout" and their natural waists and hips were likely the same = no indent. They both lived to be over 95, brains intact and pretty healthy so Dr. Google and the internet "experts" might not be so smart after all, lol. :D

Anyhow, I am going to concentrate on removing 4 or 5 lbs from my abdominal area. I have adhesions from surgeries that get a bit painful when too much fat gets packed in there.

Let's make it a great July! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
    Program: IF 10/14, Net carbs under 80 gm, Fiber over 25 gm, Total sugar under 50 gm, Added sugars under 10 gms. Wish me luck!

Lanette This is from the World Health Organization - there doesn't seem to be consensus even among the "experts", so...
    cev07vszj9jk.png