WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ooh today is Taco Tuesday at the Gossett house! Making taco meat, refried beans, tacos burritos, avocados, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa. I put everything out and let each create! Its my favorite meal to put together. 👍😁
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    L
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rebecca...

giphy.gif
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Goals for June:

-do 30 min core/knee set at least twice per week - 100%
    -do 30 min upper body set at least twice per week - 100%
    -walk outside at least once per week - 50%
    -move 10 minutes at a time, twice a day (stretching, yoga, cleaning, walking all count as movement) - 80%
    -meditate in 10 minute blocks once per day - close to 0%!

My new goals for July:
    -the same as above, except for meditation. I've given up, for the moment, on intentional meditation.
    -go back to basics regarding non-nutrient-dense foods (eg. junk food, processed food, "treats") and keep them out of the house. if I want a "treat", I will have to plan it and go and get it the day I want it. I was doing fine for awhile with having these things in the house, but things have changed a bit, so I need to switch it up.
    -treadmill, twice per week, 10 minutes at a time, until I can do the whole 10 minutes without stopping! Then I'll push up to 15 minutes at a time.
    -yoga video twice per week, minimum 10 minutes at a time.

After a 7.5 lb weight gain (over the months of March-May) I am once again on the decline (lost 2 lbs of that 7.5).

It's taken me months to get some semblance of balance again. Starting daily exercise in January sorta knocked me off balance with food a bit. But I think I'm finally getting it together and it feels good. I wasn't beating myself up about it, because I knew how difficult it was to start and maintain an exercise program.. but at the same time it was giving me a little anxiety. I'm relieved!

Thanks for helping me stay motivated, ladies!

-Shannon in rural Ontario, Canada
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    happy birthday SueBDew!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    amen!! Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.49min, 13.8amph, 133mhr, 1.57mi= 83c
    apple watch- 63c
    0 RUNNER- 21min, 128mhr, 111ahr, 10.11min mi, lvl9-10, 11h, 126c, 44l, 2.06mi= 189c
    apple watch- 155c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.47min, 18.5amph, 131mhr, 1.47mi= 57c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.19min, 12.7amph, 141mhr,3.02mi= 149c
    apple watch- 111c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.52min, 141mhr, 9.43min mi, .50mi= 64c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.03min, 9.03min mi, 203mhr, m.44mi= 84c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.16min, 8amph, 138mhr, 2.57mi= 214c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 840
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Mothballs are highly toxic to everything that comes in contact with them.We had an abundance of snakes at work this year,so I used cinnamon essential oil and water in a spray bottle and sprayed all around our stand and everywhere we have to walk.So far,so good.

I won’t use mothballs for that very reason. I spray around my campsite with clove oil diluted in water. So far no snakes or ants!

Rv Rita
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    SueBDew - I hope you have a fantastic Birthday!

m0tpa77e4ghm.gif

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,911 Member
    Options
    <3Sue Happy Birthday. You are a shining st as r to me.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sue-Happy Birthday 🍰!!!
    Pip-still thinking of y’all and your loss 💔.
    Barbie-Thank you .
    I honestly feel I may be a little too broken to be here among you wonderful ladies.
    Debby In Va
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did Jenny Ford’s Hi-Lo Cardio and abs DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water class then I’ll stop by WalMart on the way home.

I got a friend request again from a cjfields with the message “hi again beautiful”. Really? Doesn’t the fact that I declined you once before say something? Oh well…some people….

M – I was just about to ask Allie if a program couldn’t be used? I see you beat me to it!

KJ – where are you going on the field trip? When the kids were little and I took them to the pool, I always put brightly colored bathing suits on them for the exact same reason – so I could find them

Allie – if your system isn’t automated, suggest to your boss that he purchase a package that can be used. You can pitch it from the standpoint that it would be more efficient, in the end he’d come out ahead. The mathematical chances with a computer doing it are much less than if a human did it. Initially, there is the cost of inputting the data. But once that is done he’d realize a profit. Win Win. Plus…if ever he had to hire another person, it would be so much easier for that new person to just update the information and the computer would tell the amount owed. So training a new person would be that much less. Your boss won’t care how it’ll make your job easier. He’ll want to know “what is this going to do for ME”

Aldi had cherries on sale for $1.87/pound. WalMart was something like over $3 a pound. So last night I pitted some and just finished pitting some more. Now I have one bag for the freezer. Made some more brownies for Vince. Last time I made them I accidentally only put 2 eggs in the batter and they came out real hard. The recipe actually calls for 3 eggs so that is what I used today. Guess we’ll see how these turn out. Just finished making him mashed potatoes to have later in the week. I’m good for making things ahead of time then just reheating. Update: the brownies look good, now letting them cool and I’ll try cutting them later and see how they are. Update Update: they came out quite good

Annie in DE – Welcome! This is a great group. I don’t know how to accurately describe the differences between a group and a forum, but you’ll find lots of wonderful ladies in this group. Keep coming back. Oh, BTW, what part of DE are you in?

Suebdew – happy birthday

Deb in So. Cal – welcome!

Barbara – how wonderful, your weight and that you got a Wii

Pip – did you get your hair cut? It looks really nice. Did Kirby?

We just went to go see “secret Life of Pets 2”. This one kid screamed and screamed and screamed the entire time from about ¾ of the movie to the end. The mother didn’t take him out. How selfish can someone get. Not the boy, but the mother.

Katla – enjoy! We’ll be thinking of you

Debbie VA – how in the world can you be broken? If you think you’re “broken”, let us fix it for you. We care.

Michele in NC