Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Farmers market bounty yielded the world’s best BLT’s last night. And since I don’t eat B, I made mine as an open faced sourdough Sammy with smashed avo instead of mayo. 8v8jxdzbn1vh.jpeg
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Box of egg whites, bit of coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, apple sauce and one hours of time. Can you say f yes

wqff5swhfnkw.jpg

Nice!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Box of egg whites, bit of coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, apple sauce and one hours of time. Can you say f yes

wqff5swhfnkw.jpg

https://youtu.be/sSkRdO9K1og
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »

wqff5swhfnkw.jpg

Nice!

oh now you've done it...I now want a waffle maker too :p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

wqff5swhfnkw.jpg

😍How many calories in one waffle?!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    No milk?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Nope. Liquid is liquid.
    And someone wooed that post? Wonder why this time lol

I'm sure they meant it in a good way...
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    "Woo" as in "WOO-hoo!!", an expression of approval, admiration, and gratitude. (:
    WOO WOO WOO WOO. Thank you for sharing another quality idea.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Nope. Liquid is liquid.
    And someone wooed that post? Wonder why this time lol

Interesting. I make this same thing every night, but it needs about 6oz of cashew milk.
  • geiznekcm
    Options
    **I have a few random questions (or maybe they're better described as concerns), and I really hope it is not inappropriate for me to ask you all, in this thread. Please forgive me if it is, and, if it is possible, I will delete this post.

Thank you in advance!! I appreciate you All.**

Does anyone here feel like they retain more water or are "softer", "fluffier" eating high volumes of fruits and vegetables (in addition to the lean protein sources)?
    Does this feeling vary for you at certain times of the year? (Like, in the heat of summer)
    How does this affect your body image, if at all? Do you ever feel like you're gaining fat when, in reality, you are not?

• pennyilene
    pennyilene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    geiznekcm wrote: »
    **I have a few random questions (or maybe they're better described as concerns), and I really hope it is not inappropriate for me to ask you all, in this thread. Please forgive me if it is, and, if it is possible, I will delete this post.

Thank you in advance!! I appreciate you All.**

Does anyone here feel like they retain more water or are "softer", "fluffier" eating high volumes of fruits and vegetables (in addition to the lean protein sources)?
    Does this feeling vary for you at certain times of the year? (Like, in the heat of summer)
    How does this affect your body image, if at all? Do you ever feel like you're gaining fat when, in reality, you are not?

Yes, eating lots of fruits and vegetables make me feel bloated. I know it’s just temporary so I don’t worry about it. And eating healthy food is good for me. 😊
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

No, I do not feel softer or retain more water. Quite the opposite, from what I can tell. All that extra fiber really scrapes out my insides :wink:
  • geiznekcm
    Options
    Hello!

Thank you All for not only answering my pesky questions, but doing so with kindness and void of any judgment.

I already have another one...... :s (The same goes for any future question as it did the previous ones: I do not expect any response, but I genuinely value any constructive commentary; and I apologize for being overwhelming.)

For those who eat copious amounts of vegetables and salad greens daily (*emphasis on COPIOUS (visualize salads in a mixing bowl larger than the human skull) and the frequency of EVERY DAY*)), are you concerned about consuming surplus calories from those items?
    Do you think it is easier to UNDERestimate or OVERestimate your caloric intake from vegetables and greens in such large amounts?

Thank you again. Happy Wednesday (and Happy Independence Day to the Americans!) :blush:
  • pennyilene
    pennyilene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Thank you All for not only answering my pesky questions, but doing so with kindness and void of any judgment.

I already have another one...... :s (The same goes for any future question as it did the previous ones: I do not expect any response, but I genuinely value any constructive commentary; and I apologize for being overwhelming.)

For those who eat copious amounts of vegetables and salad greens daily (*emphasis on COPIOUS (visualize salads in a mixing bowl larger than the human skull) and the frequency of EVERY DAY*)), are you concerned about consuming surplus calories from those items?
    Do you think it is easier to UNDERestimate or OVERestimate your caloric intake from vegetables and greens in such large amounts?

Thank you again. Happy Wednesday (and Happy Independence Day to the Americans!) :blush:

I weigh everything I eat on a food scale. I try to use low calorie vegetables so I can eat larger portions.
  • charlotteddd
    charlotteddd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I recently bought xanthum gum for protein fluff but I think my protein powder is really letting the taste down. I’ve read casein powders are best for it but I’m a noob when it comes to this topic. Any recommendations for a protein powder for fluff that doesn’t taste like licking an aluminum can full of aspartame? 🙄
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I recently bought xanthum gum for protein fluff but I think my protein powder is really letting the taste down. I’ve read casein powders are best for it but I’m a noob when it comes to this topic. Any recommendations for a protein powder for fluff that doesn’t taste like licking an aluminum can full of aspartame? 🙄

I've had awesome results with Quest. I have also gone the cheaper route with the Equate brand and it tastes great too.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Quest and PE science have been my favorite for protein powders. They have been great for things like protein fluff, chia seed pudding, and other baking.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am an intermittent volume eater - I can eat huge piles of roast veg (around the 400g mark !)