WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lanette: I mostly use CICO, mostly home-cooked fresh food, lots of veg/fruit, with added exercise, like Heather does. I occasionally do IF for a few weeks. I do home workouts, mostly from fitnessblender or Darebee, and I love dancing of all kinds. I have no forbidden foods, but eat a fairly balanced basic diet with built-in treats. I don’t do deprivation well. Lol!
    Jack, Older dog, is used to us. Sydney, new dog, has settled in, and is a wee dote, really, but he’s hard work for me, as he is still wary of DH, who is our family doggie person. We have set a sort of routine for them. Daughter will be home early tomorrow afternoon, and will pick them up then.

☘️ Terri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    felicia take care
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lanette - thank you dear friend <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carol, thanks, Carol, us aging ladies (lol) need to stick together. <3

Janetr OKC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @lhscapil thanks for your understanding. even rent can be hard to swing for many people.

@exermom @Machka9 yes I'm in France, not far from Switzerland and also French-speaking like parts of Switzerland.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    OO
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Carol in GA - if you do a search for "seated workout" on YouTube you can come up with lots of options for exercising from a chair (so no impact on your knee). Just an option!

-Shannon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Shannon ~ Thanks for the info!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Funny,I work outside and I’m petrified of storms.We are getting a storm right now,but need the rain Badly.Hopefully the local corn will be ready in a couple days.Dont think it’s going to last as long as we need,but we’ll take it.
    Debby In Va
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was a tad bit bad...I bought a couple of outfits today at Marshall's..got this really cute dress in size large. But also bought a full body shape because of all the lumps and bumps. And cute pair of palazzo pants and a cute tunic...
    We expecting thunder storms tonight.. so will go feed DFIL and then come home..
    One good thing about the heat I'm not hungry ..
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Allie, it's not being bad to buy yourself some cute clothes! Sure hope your brother and sister in law can get their "stuff" together. Glad you enjoyed your time at the cabin, too bad it got cut short by others actions tho.
    Connie, sincerely hope your mom isn't too badly broken!
    Too many posts to comment on, only managed these two personal comments because I'm on this page! Took me a while to catch up....
    My weight is staying stagnant, so not going up, but not going down either. Sigh. Well, it is my fault, so just need to get my "stuff" in a group and get to it. The annoying part is that I know full well what to do..... I have also been slacking a bit in the exercise dept, just wasn't feeling it. Did get to the gym three times in the past week, so that's a plus!
    Took my car in for servicing a few weeks ago, supposed to get a free oil change and then of course get asked if I want various things rotated and checked. I said sure, why not. Well! They charged me $501 and change for my "free" oil change! Start looking at the bill and they had charged for the oil change too! And of course I had picked the car up after hours to couldn't bark at them right away, but phoned the next day, they promised to refund right away, it took 10 days for it to show up on my credit card statement! I was actually getting ready to phone the credit card company (had already contacted the dealership again!). So, then hubby and I are going somewhere and he said the brakes are making funny noises, and not ha ha funny. I take the car back, drop it off and carry on to work, get a call later saying the car is all fixed, ask what the problem was and the guy tells me that when they did the brake check a few weeks ago they didn't put everything back together properly! Hubby is quite annoyed, and I'll be sending the service manager an email in the next few days. I am not as annoyed as hubby, but I was not happy with the condescending tone that the service guy was giving me while explaining how the brakes work. Uh, I have a basic knowledge of what makes cars stop and go, thank you very much! Anyway, just happy that car works properly and nothing was damaged. Thanks for "listening".
    Hugs to those who need them, deepest sympathies to those who have recently lost loved ones (both human and furry), congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where it's cloudy but quite warm
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

I prefer to think of us as mature ladies rather than aging. 😂 😂 😂 Especially as I feel younger now than I did in my 50s, thanks to my 'new' healthy lifestyle choices, and discarded 65lbs of excess baggage! Long my we continue to thrive!

Allie: It's good to treat ourselves from time to time. Cute clothes are always a good idea! Too bad your well-deserved break was cut short by your brother's stupidity.

Connie: Hope your mom has no lasting damage.

@evie1958 We all know what to do! But doing it is still the difficulty. Maybe Pip needs to get her boot out for some of us! Lol! The cheek of that service guy! Especially considering that they we're the ones who couldn't even put the brakes back together correctly!

Looking forward to tomorrow when the dogs go back home. It's been a steep learning curve.

☘️ Terri
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Machka- Well goodness no clue who I was thinking of just remember reading your post then posting mine guess my wires got crossed again. Swear my brain misfires more than an old car the brain fog it lives in doesn’t help at all.

Just made chili for myself
    Prego spaghetti sauce y diced tomatoes
    Hamburger meat drained weld w/Pam spray
    Can of black beans washed y drained
    Can of chili beans in sauce poured right in
    Garlic powder,sea salt,pepper,lemon juice
    Little water y olive oil
    Heated it up in the crockpot

Amber Tx
  • missezkbee
    missezkbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Janetr OKC

I prefer to think of us as mature ladies rather than aging. 😂 😂 😂 Especially as I feel younger now than I did in my 50s, thanks to my 'new' healthy lifestyle choices, and discarded 65lbs of excess baggage! Long my we continue to thrive!

☘️ Terri

Terri:
    Raising my glass to us mature ladies making healthy lifestyle choices and living our best lives. <3

Janetr OKC

I like the term mature as well because everyone is aging, no exceptions. We are just better at it because we’ve done it longer. 😎
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I like the word aging. Like fine wine or expensive stinky cheese, LOL!!!